• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish VS Ppa0 vids

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
I asked Gimpyfish to bust out his VCR so we could record some matches at the last GC, and luckily we started recording from the start because after these 2 friendlies, i had to leave for a match and when i came back gimpy was wiping down his VCR from the coke he spilled on it XD so this is all we gotten: *we werent really warmed up btw so yeuhhz....*

Match 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQN76-v0sLE

Match 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXbMWZsteA

technomancer

Smash Champion
That was some good stuff, you took control of that PS match pretty well :)

IMO play more gay against Bowser, haha. I feel like such a terrible person.

nublet06

Smash Lord
those looked fun. bowser is pretty much 90% edge gaurding lol. besides that all he can get is some perfectly timed smashes or up airs. and those are crazy slow. you both played well.

luigis down throw is just not fair for bowser ahahah. down throw > jab......down throw....anything.

that landing side b was trixies too. i know i would fall for that like 100 times lol.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Heh. I didnt know you could make bowser stick his *** in the air. I know someone who would refer to that as a "secret taunt" lol. Matches are fun to watch. I love watching gimpy to start with but this is one of the most random match ups I've seen.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
oh eah man, i liked that too, bowser was ready and waiting for someone to put it in, but well, mmm.. Pretty nice fight, liked more the first one, oboth of u played good guysXD

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you cant up air in the middle of an over b, and if i would have been warmed up/able to play those would have actually hit him with the sweetspot rather than with the poo knockback XD

you can up air if you have a double jump, but both will hit if i do it right and hes dead anyways

nublet06

Smash Lord
i think he was talking about the second time he got hit.

you hit his side b....and then when he jumped back to get on he jumped a little to high and got his luigi head back aired. if he would of jumped with an uair he might of hit you away and been able to up b back on. or he could of air dodged. but yeah....these were for funsies and warmups so people shouldnt be criticizing the tiny things anyway. i played arash at a bi weekly one time. the matchup is pretty interesting.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no i mean what i was saying is if i'd hit correctly therd by no "jump back for an up air" because it'd hit him way to far haha

yeah bowser vs luigi is pretty fun me and ka like it

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
Man, I love watching your luigi play.
One thing I noticed is that you do your up smash with your back facing bowser most of the time. Any reason for that?

My friend asked me the other day why I always face away when I U-smash, and I didn't know what to tell him.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
Man, I love watching your luigi play.
One thing I noticed is that you do your up smash with your back facing bowser most of the time. Any reason for that?

My friend asked me the other day why I always face away when I U-smash, and I didn't know what to tell him.
LOL :) tell your friend it adds more dmg and knockback and its like sweetspotting x 2... haha between you and me tho, i dont really pay attention which way im facing when im doin up smash, maybe there are some advantages but even if there are advantages i dont know about them ;D

*thx for liking my luigi btw*

Top Bottom