• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimp the Earthboys!!!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Easy way to gimp an Earthboy.

Dair their pk-thunder (make sure its not a FF dair)

It cancels out the pk thunder, you get a small bounce up, second jump, and up-B.

Earthboy falls to their doom.

Just thought I'd share, probably common knowledge. This works well with galeguarding them to force them to use up-B as well :).

//lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Personally, I like throwing the gale just right so it pushes them back into their own PKThunder when it's going down in the circle they need to direct it... which makes them shoot themselves strait down. xD

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Galeguarding, using an arrow or boomerang or bomb vs. the ball is a really good thing. Umm, Jumping in front of Ness' recovery at low health 1/2s the distance of his 3rd jump, and if the ball hits you it stops, unlike Lucas' that keep ongoing... The ness boys aren't that hard to fight against, I think Ness is a little harder though since he has a really good shieldgrab game/grab game, and he can combo at 0% to 32%. But, all in all the Ness boys aren't that hard to fight. My brother plays well with the Earthboys and I will eventually post videos of me vs. them.

Just remeber dodge ness and block Lucas. Lucas has a terrible grab game, but his moves all last a bit longer than Ness' so you can not spot dodge them well. Where as Ness only can jab you to really counter the spot dodging. He has a great throw, but if you are an amazing spot dodger you can dodge his grabs. His sparkles are a pain though, tricky sparkles.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Grab release to Fsmash is a myth. It's grab release to downsmash.(ONLY Ness) And you can't gimp a decent Lucas. (Zap jumping, magnet e.c.t look it up) Sure you can gimp Ness, but's it's not like he can't gimp Link's pitiful recovery anyway. (Ness double jump covers equal or slightly less than Links FULL recovery)

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Grab release to Fsmash is a myth. It's grab release to downsmash.(ONLY Ness) And you can't gimp a decent Lucas. (Zap jumping, magnet e.c.t look it up) Sure you can gimp Ness, but's it's not like he can't gimp Link's pitiful recovery anyway. (Ness double jump covers equal or slightly less than Links FULL recovery)
^This^

My friend mains Lucas and I play him all the time. The only way I can gimp him is by gale guarding him when he uses his PK Thunder. Dair never works, if a Lucas/Ness player needs to recover, they're almost 100% of the time far away from the ledge.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the OP:

I find the best way (and most hilarious way) is to just jump into their PKT as they're trying to recover if they're Ness. Sure, you'll take a hit, but it's totally worth it just to hear your opponent scream:
WHAT THE F**K!

As Ness slowly spirals down... Ah ha ha ha hah!

Okay, in all seriousness, I try to follow this pattern:
Arrows to hinder their recovery (PK THUNDA- *Arrow* PK THUND- *Arrow* PK THU- *Arrow*)
Then hop off the stage and Gale Guard
If that doesn't finish them, I usually try Zair ledgeguarding and pray that I don't get stage spiked.

I don't play against either Ness nor Lucas too often though, but it's just my $.02

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
You can 'infinite' grab them too with Grab Release>Grab. It works better on Ness then Lucas but is still escapable by both if you're not quick enough or if the opponent knows what you're trying to do, still cool though. I like Grabbing and Re-grabbing them until around 150% then releasing into a downsmash. xD

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
You can infinite grab them too with Grab Release>Grab. It works better on Ness then Lucas but is still escapable by both if you're not quick enough or if the opponent knows what you're trying to do, still cool though. I like Grabbing and Re-grabbing them until around 150% then releasing into a downsmash. xD
If it's escapable, than it's not an infinite.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
U can actually gimp Lucas' recovery, you just hit the ball with a projectile. Lucas does have really good recovery considering his jumps are really good, his 3rd recovery, and his reverse b-sticking. But, you can definitely gimp that ball, I have played enough games versus that kid to know this. Link's arrow isn't as easy as Pit's arrow for this though, but you can still hit it sorta reliably with Link's arrow.

I wouldn't try z-airing the edge though, if you go for the edgehog he can really punish you with his 3rd jump, and this can spike you a lot of the times, so I would just go for hitting him with an arrow or hitting the ball. Or Galeguarding since if you hit him with the tornado, it will move him away from his psyball.

So yea, you can gimp Lucas, but it is much harder than gimping Ness, and you need to use projectiles to do so and not the standard zair tactics.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Lol do you really want to gimp the earthboys?

I have NEVER seen anybody gimp the earth boys as much as Ice climbers....

Ice block falls right off the stage and cancels pk thunder.

It also has equal priority to nexx/lucas when shooting up after pk thunder hits them.
They cancel and he has to do it all over again.

But with 2 ice blocks just coming down at you, you never get the chance to even get 1 off.

It is so sad. Ask Kennah.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Lol do you really want to gimp the earthboys?

I have NEVER seen anybody gimp the earth boys as much as Ice climbers....

Ice block falls right off the stage and cancels pk thunder.

It also has equal priority to nexx/lucas when shooting up after pk thunder hits them.
They cancel and he has to do it all over again.

But with 2 ice blocks just coming down at you, you never get the chance to even get 1 off.
XD We are so amazing at ****ing you guys off-stage. XD

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You can 'infinite' grab them too with Grab Release>Grab. It works better on Ness then Lucas but is still escapable by both if you're not quick enough or if the opponent knows what you're trying to do, still cool though. I like Grabbing and Re-grabbing them until around 150% then releasing into a downsmash. xD
Fail, and false. If if you did this against a CPU, good for you, against a human, well that player sucked. It's NEVER an infinite. It's not even a decent Chain grab.

Top Bottom