• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giga Bits Lan Center melee Tourney Through my eyes

guesswho

Smash Cadet
The love, the hate, the excitement and the frustration. All frm a game with a limited amount of attacks on a 2d platform. get him off the edge and watch other smashers souls plumit into the depths of impossible gravity.
My day started really awkward, i couldn't sleep for the tourney the nite b4 so i crashed out at about 2:30 in the morning, to then wake up at 5:00 to get ready. The event was in Orlando Fl and i live in northrn sanford about 30 miles way, about 45 mins away from the tourney locaton. I call Gibbz (my cousin and fellow smasher) and make sure hes awake and ready ro pick me up.
then i call AERO and make sure he and his brother are up as well. Because of complicated employement difficulties uck wasnt sure if he could attend all day. (There Goes AERO'doubles partner) But Uber was still with us, he spent the nite at Aeros

The five of us get at the location about 35 mins early thinking that the place would be open. We sat there and talked about the only game we play, "what else was there to do". Its now9:30 and the person hosting the tourney is still no where to be found. Now about 40 slightly angry smashers are ready to play and want a tardy explanation.

Aparantley the owner of the place hit his head on concrete and had a concusion.(he should have tech'd off the wall lol) very valid excuseThough in my book.

He started with pricing and registration of low singles doubles and singles and the meantime with 7 Tvs we all played friendly's. The actually tourney started an hour later than expected, but for one person running the whole thing the organization a cooperation of fellow smashers was very satisfying. i applied for normal doubles and singles but because of the tardy i didnt get to do either competion.I got a lil tired of waiting and funny enough took an hour nap under a table while smashers yell in pain and joy.unfortunatley we left early (i do have to work you know) i only played friendly's and watched low teirs.

There were a number of smashers i had my eye on. The doubles team "Pink and The Stink"
were on the sticks for about two hours before he was taken off.
"Dark Sonic" i believe his name was had on of the most monstrous marth's I've ever seen live. Phanna came and kicked *** with his Samus, and the young prospect Smash Mac used his stethescope and choked the hell out of some his opponents with his doctor mario. Obviosly there were more kick *** players but i didnt see them all. and for my first tourney i think with a lil more player experience and combo training my Doc and Capt falcon will be a shoein contender.

Over all the atmosphere was crowded but the with experience the love, the hate, the excitement, and the frustration was all worth it. next month if they start early, I may have something to brag about so maybe i can get my name up there.

Shout out to giga bits and everyone i mingled with as we speak, th tourney is still going on now. I wonder who one singlesand doubles? Phanna will post the results so look out for that.watch out for team Baby Punterz in brawl well have some crazy matches coming soon and they will be posted by Uck

Im ?WHO Aka guesswho reportin from mY cpu in Sanford Fl reppin NYC One love and holla at me My Smasha's peace.

Top Bottom