• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG weeklies #5 It's super effective!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So when I woke up (Kinda late) and after I finished clearing my walkway, I found out that we still had interest in the tournament. So GG Weeklies #5 happened, along with 2 side tournaments. Tekken Tag Tournament 2. (single elim) and Persona 4 Arena (Double Elim)

Original Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15187968#post15187968

Melee Results (10 Participants):

1st: JLO (Marth/Fox/Zelda)
2nd: Tempestt: (Peach/Marth/Sheik/Zelda/ICs)
3rd: Smok (Ganondorf/Falco)
4th: Milk (Falcon/Marth/ICs)
5th: Dr3w (Falcon/Peach[?])
5th: Intimidator
7th: Captain Random
7th: Stealing 3rd Base
9th: Mad
9th:Beastapemon

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/ggsmash4

----------------------------------------------------
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 results (13 Participants):

1st: Dusk
2nd: Tempestt
3rd/4th: El Hambre/Captain Random
5th place tie:
Ricky
Mad
Stealing 3rd Base
Milk
9th Place Tie:
JLO
Dr3w
Beastapemon
Smok
Intimidator

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/GGTTT

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Persona 4 Arena Results (11 Participants):

1st/2nd: Tempestt (Yukiko/Chie)
1st/2nd: JLO (Chie)
3rd: Dusk (Labrys)
4th: Captain Random: (Yu)
5th: Smok
5th: Dr3w
7th: Beastapemon (Elizabeth)
7th: Stealing 3rd Base (Kanji)
9th:Milk
9th: Intimidator
9th: Mad

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/ggp4a
========================================

As always a lot of fun, and good times. I'll be posting about the next smash tournament, soon. However, next week is fight night!! UMVC3, TTT2, KOFXIII, and possibly AE or Alpha 3. Shout outs coming later!!!

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
JLO was ****.
I might come next time, depending on the amount of people that come. I hope to come when the big one happens.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
JLO was ****.
I might come next time, depending on the amount of people that come. I hope to come when the big one happens.
Yeah, he was amazing, lol. Marth owns my soul.

Shoutouts:

JLO- GGs, I've gotta do something about that Marth Match-up. I don't know WHAT to do about him....other than perfect my Sheik. See me in Persona...I'll lame you out, lol.

Smok- GGs, dude. I'm still trying to get back into Melee, and I was 2 weeks out of Practice, so Falco scared me out of Peach in our first match. Your Ganon and Falco are good, though. I just have experience built up against Falco players like Eggm and Reik. There were a few others in the mix, too. Fox...well...I've played a TON of Foxes.

Milk- GGs as well. Did I get that wrong on the Peach end? Falcon was fun. Peach vs. Falcon I have a lot of experience with as well. Yoshi's is my stage, too. =p

Dusk- When we have sessions....full sessions...we're both going to get THAT much better.

Intimidator- It was nice having you here. Definitely look forward to the next time. Practice hard. There are others to worry about, lol.

Stealing 3rd Base- Practice that Tekken!!!

El Hambre- Next time it'll be double-elim, but I won't show any mercy. =P

Dr3w- You were looking pretty beastly there. Maybe next time!!!

Beastapemon- Work on that Elizabeth....I need practice for when Chris G shows up, lol. Sorry I went Chie, but I needed to rush down with the damage to boot. Yukiko just isn't that scary.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Milk- GGs as well. Did I get that wrong on the Peach end? Falcon was fun. Peach vs. Falcon I have a lot of experience with as well. Yoshi's is my stage, too. =p

He played Marth and Icies, not Peach. I plan on practicing a ton. Do we get any kind of discount if we can bring a complete setup?

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
While I would just love to say yes, there's no venue fee, lol. So that'd be a bit difficult to discount. Who knows, maybe for the big one we can try and work something out.
I understand. I might not be able to come too many times because of money. So I guess I better get practicing to win in order to make some cash money.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I understand completely, lol. Smash is bi-weekly. So next week would be the next one.

Well make sure you come out to the one at the end of the month for sure. That one is the one I REALLY want people to make it to. Hope to see more of you guys, though.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
On the Facebook page for the Big Tournament it said you would have commentators. Who were you planning on having comment?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Looks like I should change my name.
Why? Lol

On the Facebook page for the Big Tournament it said you would have commentators. Who were you planning on having comment?
Well, we're probably going to have to switch things up, depending on who's playing. I've got a foot in every game, so I'll be one, but we're going to switch people out. Dusk will probably be commentating as well. You can expect Insaynne to commentate, too. If you would like to commentate, (I'm guessing that's why you're asking) I'm sure we can have you commentate too. I'd like smash players to commentate for smash, since they know what's going on. At least one at all times.

Here's the thread, btw.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332350

Top Bottom