• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Weeklies #3- Melee Teams and 64 Singles- Get some!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay, so after some minor setbacks, and a free tournament on the Grand Opening, The Game Gallery is open for tournaments!!! This is GG weeklies # 3. Forgive this post being long, but we're new, so I'll be answering questions.

This week we'll be running 64 singles and Melee teams. (Due to popular demand) You're probably asking: Where is this?

The Game Gallery
(610) 829-1133
315 Northampton St.
Easton, PA 18042

This storefront is conveniently located a block away from Public Transportation let off. It's also in the middle of plenty of places to get food and drink. 2 doors down from a Family dollar, right next to a cafe, around the corner from Dunkin Donuts and Subway, and a few blocks from not only a Pizza restaurant, but a Chinese restaurant as well. There are also other restaurants of those types that deliver to the store. Wawa is a short distance away from the venue, which is between a McDonald's and a Dominos as well as another Chinese restaurant. How's that for convenience!?

About The Game Gallery:
As we are currently hosting a new and growing scene, and we're looking to build it up, there is no venue fee. However, a dollar from each entry will be used towards obtaining new equipment to hold bigger and better tournaments. We'll be running Smash every other week due to it's popularity, and Melee is a mainstay. Other conveniences are obvious.

- This is a game store, so the atmosphere is welcome
- Friendly staff, and community run tournaments.
- Access to older, hard to obtain games. (Everything from Atari and forward)
- Bigger and better things to come as the community grows.
- Other tournaments that may be run with Melee to keep interest. (This week it's 64, who knows what the next tournament may be? Project: M? Brawl? Maybe an older title like Marvel 2?)

-----------------------------------------------------
Who is running this tournament? - Well that would be me. Started in 2007 and active through 2010. Went on Slight hiatus, and I'm now back. Ame. (pronounced "Ah-May") I now go by Tempestt. I'm slightly newer on the tournament organizer scene, but I ran the first Smash tournament, capped at 30 with no problems. This past week, I ran the MvC2 tournament with no problems, either. I don't plan on starting to have them, and with advice from other TOs, I'm prepared to nip potential problems without them becoming one. I'm experienced with both the Smash community and the FGC. We've got this, for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry Fees:
$5 dollars for 64 singles
$10 for melee teams ($5 per person)

Yes they're low, but they'll improve. This is a growing scene. Obviously the more we get the more you get.

Pot breakdown (Applies to any game we run):
60/30/10 over 16
70/30 under 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Times:
The store will be opening up sign-ups for both games at 12:30PM Sign-ups will be open for an hour. Last minutes are extended on a per case basis. Tournament will start at 2:00PM.

I don't think I need to say this, but I will. Let me, or anyone assisting me running this tournament know where you are at all times. I can't stress this enough. Why? Because I have NO problems DQing people. If you're going out to grab some food. Tell me. That way I'm not looking for you all over creation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules are standard for both games. Except stage striking. We have newer players, and until they get used to the rules, we run it the old way: Random for first match with CPs. Obviously, you have your 1 random strike, and stage you strike from the set. (If it's a neutral stage, say goodbye to your random strike.)

Also: In light of recent events. THIS IS THE VERSION OF DSR THAT I RUN!!!

You may not play on the same stage two times in a row, or a stage that you have won on previously, unless agreed on by both individuals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least:
We need setups!! TVs, copies of Melee, and if you have cubes, please. (Although we do have cubes, ourselves.) Please mark them, and any controllers you bring clearly. Sorry, but Gamer Gallery isn't really responsible for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other questions, feel free to ask me via:

Email: theory_of_imagination@hotmail.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TheGameGallery?fref=ts (That's Game Gallery's page, but I do answer questions on there. That way they can see, too.)
Via PM or Wall message here, obviously
Also- from sign up start and on the day of the tournament: (610) 829-1133 <--- the store number. If you need to leave during, I'll have a number for you to call to reach me, personally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance, and we look forward to seeing you all there!!!

Top Bottom