• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Presents: Smash Like You Mean It 3- The Gauntlet

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Here we are again, people. The next installment of Smash Like You Meant It!! We're aiming for this to be the biggest one, yet. After the obvious interest in Project: M, that will be included in the line-up for S.L.Y.M.I. from now on. This tournament, we're throwing down the gauntlet and issuing a challenge for people to come and play their best. This tournament will lead to a VERY special one. Details on that later.

The Return of Easton Smash!!!

That's right, at our Apex training session over the weekend, Easton Smash has returned. This includes players such as Deff, Lite, and Souja. There are many more, though.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/669160023135954/?source=1

315 Northampton St.
Easton, PA 18042

List of setups, currently:
Confirmed
TVs- 4
Systems- 1 (Cube)
Copies of the Game- 4 (Melee so far)

Possible
TVs- 1
Systems- 1/1 (Cube/Wii)
Copies of the Game- 1/1 (Melee and Project: M)

As the need for anything else comes along we'll be posting. This however, might include tables and power strips.

So The typical Game Gallery rules apply:

1.) Have fun!!
2.) Be respectful
3.) Be fair
4.) Have Fun!!!
5.) Let me know where you're at all times
6.) B.Y.O.C.
7.) Bring the hype!!

Here are the other rules.

Costs:
$10- singles
$10 per team
$0 for crews (Of course, this is dependent on time.)
==========================================================
Format:
Double Elimination for each game. 2/3 for all matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Stocks 4
-Pausing is not allowed. If you pause it will result in a loss of a stock.
-I WILL DQ you if you aren't there for your match. If you don't let me know what's going on, I can't help you. I can't and absolutely WON'T hold things up for you. I don't care WHO you are. It won't be total DQ, but you'll be sent to losers.

Special rules on coaching:
People tend to have a stigma about coaching. To coach DURING a match is NOT allowed. You CAN do it BETWEEN matches. You have a full minute to give yourself to breathe and focus if you need it. Take advantage of it.

After a Match:
The order is: Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character.

DSR: So we're clear. You cannot play twice on the same stage you won on. This is, unless agreed upon by both players. If you want to go back to the same stage you played upon...that's you. That means: If you lose on FD, and want to go back to FD...that's on you, buddy. It's YOUR funeral. However, if you beat your opponent, are on game 3 or higher, and (s)he won on FD, you have the right to deny him/her going back there.

For this tournament...I actually don't give two craps about wobbling. If you want to wobble, it's legal. The other stuff, however....(Soul stunner, freezie, etc.) don't think about it.

Stalling using Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's Wallbomber, etc. is not allowed. Please don't lame it up with excessive planking, either. Just common courtesy to players.

========================================================
Just a quick note:

Schedule (ideally):
Sign-ups start at 11:30
Teams will start at 1PM
Singles will start at 2:30-3PM

Contact Info:
If you have any questions: Feel free to message me, email me, or post on the event page or here.
My email: theory_of_imagination@hotmail.com

If you would like to help TO this event, please email me, or message me via facebook. If you message The Game Gallery's page, I'll receive the message. If you have my Facebook, then just message me that way. OR you can contact me via Twitter @Chostylish.

Happy Gaming!!

Jreed420

Smash Cadet
The hype is real I'm bringing the wario thunder and reppin easton smash hard looking forward to seeing some good players and a positive turn out on numbers this time. Working on having recorded set ups as we'll. BRING THE HYPE EVERYONE LETS MAKE THIS HUGE

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The hype is real I'm bringing the wario thunder and reppin easton smash hard looking forward to seeing some good players and a positive turn out on numbers this time. Working on having recorded set ups as we'll. BRING THE HYPE EVERYONE LETS MAKE THIS HUGE
Indeed. This should be the best one by far. I'm hoping to have the PA groups so far that have made it plus some NJ cats to boot. This year will be a marked increase in PA activity.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
1) Will there be Brawl?
2) Will there be doubles? (for any/all games)
3) When is this?

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
1) Will there be Brawl?
2) Will there be doubles for any game?
3) When is this?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
lite has school till like 2 and I was going to team with 'em.. I'm thinking I should personally come early anyways, wish teams was later doe. :sadeyes:
I'll probably hold lite down with the singles registration if you're cool with that , he's definitely comin'

/eastonsmashhypego
/willprollytakecrews
/jreed13thplaceapex
...../hypethehype
:059:

also, if you're reading this and you're somewhat close to this, debating on whether or not you should go, GO. show up.. you'll be greatly appreciated, and you'll love this venue. and us people. gogogogo. Nasty competition here.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
What day is this?!

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
When is this when is this when is this?!?!?!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay, so to answer questions-

1.) Brawl has not had enough interest shown. I've said it before, and I will continue to say it: If people want it enough, they'll show up with Brawl, and I -will- run it. I may not play it (lack of Wii and all) but I don't show bias.
2.) Ideally, teams should happen for both games.
3.) This is in 2 weeks. Saturday, February 8th, 20XX
4.) The location is Easton, PA.
5.) Since S.L.Y.M.I. is primarily Melee, and now P:M, if the Brawl enthusiasts show that they can show up with the people/setups, I'll run a separate event for Brawl, and maybe 64 with it.
6.) If I do happen to get a good turnout for Brawl, once more space has been opened up at the store, I can hold an event that encompasses all 3(4) games at once.
7.) Yes, there will be a stream for this event.
8.) Jreed, you being there early would be great since I have to work that morning, and Saturdays are extra finicky. I doubt I'll get there after 12 (famous last words, lol), but help with setting stuff up might just give me enough time to actually get some friendlies in, which I never seem to have time for.

Any other questions? Fire away.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Looks like KYL will be down a few member for this tournaments, so looks like KYL vs ESU crew battle can't happen again.

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
I'm interested in going, for both P:M an Melee, but I may have some time problems. When is the latest I can register for singles? I'm not interested in teams, just the latest I can register for singles.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Will there be a price for teams and where will videos be put up?

I can bring my Wii and a copy of Melee. This is going to be great.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm interested in going, for both P:M an Melee, but I may have some time problems. When is the latest I can register for singles? I'm not interested in teams, just the latest I can register for singles.
No need to worry about registering for Singles. If you're going to be late, I can put you in. I don't even expect them to start until about 4-4:30PM. So you should have plenty of time.

Starcandy and T1m- That'll be great. I know for a fact that we need more P:M setups, as we've got a bunch of Melee copies, and I think the owner has been taking in cubes to use specifically for tournament use. Will it just be the two of you?

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
No need to worry about registering for Singles. If you're going to be late, I can put you in. I don't even expect them to start until about 4-4:30PM. So you should have plenty of time.

Starcandy and T1m- That'll be great. I know for a fact that we need more P:M setups, as we've got a bunch of Melee copies, and I think the owner has been taking in cubes to use specifically for tournament use. Will it just be the two of you?
SMOK is still undecided. Milk and B- are back at college and Dr3w got work that day, unexpectedly. Either way, we plan on coming around 1-ish.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered doing pools for Melee?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
SMOK is still undecided. Milk and B- are back at college and Dr3w got work that day, unexpectedly. Either way, we plan on coming around 1-ish.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered doing pools for Melee?
This saddens me that I can't see the whole group. Also, Smok should come. What about the others in your group? I know they've still got some to learn, but a tournament out here might do them good. I've thought about it, Tim, trust and believe. It's just not the right time for it, yet.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
This saddens me that I can't see the whole group. Also, Smok should come. What about the others in your group? I know they've still got some to learn, but a tournament out here might do them good. I've thought about it, Tim, trust and believe. It's just not the right time for it, yet.
Smok will probably go, he will just wait for the last minute or something. Some of the other were going to come but things got in the way.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Drew has just told me that he had been called off of work. So he will be coming. Hype.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Jason, I had to leave L@DU 2 during bracket. This time I'm going to take you out in PM

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
sadly dont think I can make it because of work:( if we can host tourneys on friday or change between fri and saturday on certain weeks that would help me and a couple other members in easton smash out. regardless im hoping for a good turnout and everyone has fun

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that my power comes on I really badly want to go to this :(

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
T-Cash: What time do you get off of work?
Lazy: Listen here. The weather is doing nothing on Saturday. It's all Sunday.
Prodigy: So it takes Philly, huh? I'm trying to get more and more old heads out here. I told Eggm. I wish I could get Reik out here...I hear he's still pretty good. I also never got to play him after I learned what I needed to. I wanna play Eggm again. I wasn't in my own mind at NEC. Not in the least bit sense of the word. /bestfrienddeathjohns
M2K: We have only played twice....first was in some random FFA with you, LK, Me, and Will, I think. Second it was a no time limit match on FD. My Roy took 4 stocks before your Marth took 1. That is all. /Iknowitwasjustcasual
Lawn Chair: If I could offer a place to stay/shower I would, but I've only got a room, and I have to work Saturday morning....at 5AM. /pretiredfromworkjohns

Any questions, though, feel free to continue to ask away.
<----- Here
Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/669160023135954/
Here: https://twitter.com/Chostylish
Or Here: theory_of_imagination@hotmail.com
As long as I have wi-fi I get my emails to my alarm clock. (non-operational phone) I get my twitter alerts there, too. I check Smashboards...usually when I'm home. (I don't like being home, so if I am...it means I have absolutely nothing to do, or I have somewhere to go, and I'm just inbetween things.) Facebook, I can answer whenever. It's on my phone and my alarm clock, but I'll usually answer my phone. Some people actually have my number...you can text me if you have it. I don't really give it out like that, though.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
We've got set ups and tables. The owner is getting two more tables according to what I was told this afternoon. So bring set ups, and we'll accommodate as needed. If we need TVs, we can probably rustle some up, but you guys usually do very well with all that.

It's almost here, though. So GET HYPE!!!

Top Bottom