• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting up from the ledge?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
how often do you get up from the ledge using fair as opposed to getting up a different way...because i like using fair to get because when it connects it ususally benefits me...but too often does my opponent wavedash back and attack or jump up and land on me with an attack as i land, and i get screwed...so yeah...answer the question i guess...peace

-hiroshi

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
wavedash from ledge into grab, jump, ledge hop then air dodge, roll, get up. just shino stall until they go away, then fair from ledge, that usually works.

soap

Smash Hero
its good sometimes to just delay the fair, like dont do a rising fair from the ledge but jump up wait then fair on the way down it gives alot more range and leaves you less vulnerable if they try crouch canceling your fair

Ares726

Smash Ace
Normally I Shino Stall a few times and see how they react. If they get close, but I know they'll hit me out of a fair, I let go of the edge->DI over stage->up-B. This gets the double explosion to hit them and they don't do anything because they thought I was just going to Stall again. Fair from the ledge is what most Sheik's do, and as such, your opponent should suspect it. Try mixing things up if you keep getting hit.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
thanks guys...as much as i liek fairing from the ledge..i do a lot of other stuff as well..i nair from the ledge....also i ledge dash A LOT!!!...ledgesdashing is my favorite thing to do by far..it happens so fast if u do it right...and u can do a lot from it....peace

-hiroshi

Banksya

Smash Ace
nowadays, a lot of sheiks do the ledge hop fair, and a looot of people assume you are going to do that. at least the tourneys I have been going to, not many of the high level players fall for the fair because its commonly used and becomes a habit. if you switch it up and do a different thing every time they can't **** you because of it unless they are extremely good guessers / psychics.

Top Bottom