• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the value of a variable without using damage meter

Toomai

Smash Ace
Possibly not worth a topic, but here goes anyway.

I know that the simplest way to find out the value of a variable is to set a character's current damage to it. However, this doesn't work when:
  • The variable decreases quickly (the damage meter cannot display a drop in damage faster than 1% per frame)
  • The variable is not part of a character (it belongs to an item or something)
In these kinds of situations, what's the best way to find out what a variable's value is?

shanus

Smash Hero
a usb gecko :-\

There really isn't a good solution to this. I've tried lots of methods with gfx size, momentum, hitbox size, etc. but all methods have their flaws.

But if you do have a gecko, we can pass on info on how to view their values in memory.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Okay, hate to bump this, but it's relevant again as I now have a (mostly functioning) USB Gecko. So I'd like to know how to read variables off of characters, items, and SSE enemies/bosses with it.

Top Bottom