• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the kill. Any suggestions?

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
I have been playing around with Lucina a lot, and one of the biggest problems I seem to be having in For Glory outside of lag ruining any sort of precise attack I am trying to do is landing a killing blow on the enemy. More often than not, it feels like I am sitting there wracking up damage of upwards of 130% and I simply can not finish the job. I have tried every approach I can think of to remedy the situation. Sometimes it is so bad that the person I am facing just ends up high enough that I end up just up throwing them for the KO. This is especially problematic for me when you have people using projectile spam and they can chip away at my percentage when the only thing I can seem to land is the weaker attacks.

At first I was relying heavily on my side and up smashes, but in the end it, it feels like these should be a last resort due to how punishable they are. With the roll spam, I find it difficult to use my smash attacks without being heavily punished.

I then moved on to trying to use shield breaker as a finishing move. I seem to have more success with this due to its range and the fact that it can be used in the air. It seems to have a slight advantage over using a side smash simply because you are going to break the opponents shield 90% of the time if they reflexively shield against it without dodging, but the problem still remains that this is heavily punishable.

As my playstyle with her evolved, I eventually added counters into the mix for KOs. I feel like I have had the most success with this, since a big part of my Lucina game is playing very defensively and drawing the opponent to attack me, but this still has its flaws. With input lag, I will still get hit a good 25% of the time when I am trying to counter a move that I purposely put myself into harms way, and if the opponent doesnt use a strong attack capable of KOing then you are basically throwing out a red warning sign saying "You better expect that I am about to start countering your attacks."

Finally, I have moved on to trying to throw them off the ledge and taking the fight to the air. I feel like this is the best option for Lucina when it comes to killing the opponent, but my only problem is that I end up self destructing a good 70% of the time I try to keep the opponent away from the ledge. Down airs have been especially problematic for me, as I either end up missing the opponent completely or I end up accidentally fast falling to my death.

I am basically at my whits end here with this character. Even when combining all of these tactics it isn't uncommon for me to outdamage my opponent three-fold for the first half of the match, until they are around 120%, only for them to get me into KO range, kill me, and put up significant damage on me before I can even get the first kill. It is incredibly disheartening that I can play about half of the roster over Lucina and have a better win rate with them than the person that I have been practicing for hours with every day. Does anyone have any tips for me on how I can improve?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Have you tried Shield Breaker mindgames? Short hopping in the air charging a neutral B works wonders in damaging. One of 3 things tends to happen:

-They roll out of the way in time(which sucks)
-They don't block and sustain heavy damage(Good but there's an even better one)
-They block and get their shield broken(the time that foes are dizzied actually allows you to quickly taunt and charge a second shield breaker. By the time you land this your opponent could be in the KO range, I've killed at 100% with this)

Not to say the strategy is flawless, however. Repetition means opponents catch on quickly. A whiffed Shield Breaker is highly punishable, including being counter bait. That said, it's something you should try.

As for improving Lucina in general, I'd suggest looking at the video thread, called the Lord's Logbook, and checking out the post-patch videos. Not to say the pre-patch ones aren't useful, but the post-patch ones are obviously up to date. You should, however, look around in videos belonging to me if you'd like to see these SB mindgames in action. Of particular note is a game between :4lucina: and a :4dedede: called shrooby featuring a clever one at some point.

Hope this helps ya.

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Up B out of shield works wonders.

Or you know, you could play Marth.

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
Yeah, I actually use shield breaker pretty heavily, sometimes I feel like I may be using it TOO heavily, but it is definitely one of my go to attacks. I have watched plenty of videos too. Outside of people in videos having better mechanics than I do with Lucina and more familiarity with her range (I miss alot of attacks that I should easily land) I don't ever really see anything that sticks out to me too much that tells me I am doing something wrong. It may just come down to the fact that I have had to basically change the way I have always played smash to get somewhat decent with Lucina and it has had an adverse effect on my fundamentals causing me to be too cautious.

Up B out of shield works wonders.

Yeah, I have seen some good stuff done with Up B as far as launching opponents but I was never really under the impression that it had too much more kill potential than a tilt, and I haven't really tested it due to how punishable it is. I will have to mess around with it a bit to see how it works out. As far as the switching to Marth goes, even though he was my main in melee, for some reason playing him has 0 appeal to me. Maybe its just the irresistable siren call of Laura Bailey's voice that draws me to Lucina.

Thanks for the advice.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Throw them over the edge. Lucina has good edgeguargind options, like:
F-/B-Air, F-Smash or even Counter if they have a recovery like Link (hang on the edge and time the counter correctly, denied).
If they like to roll behind you and such D-Smash can catch them.
Counter got a bit stronger in terms of knockback in SSB4.
It can even kill at lower percents if you counter a strong attack.
F-/U-Smash are also strong killmoves in general, but being too aggressive and mindless with them will just get you punished most of the time.
Find an opening and strike. A good defensive game/baits help here to create one.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Don't be afraid to go off stage. Hunt them down and block their recovery, almost any aerial you have is a good option.

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
Don't be afraid to go off stage. Hunt them down and block their recovery, almost any aerial you have is a good option.
I guess I will just have to practice not killing myself. Any time I try to D air off the edge I just fall to my death unable to recover. Literally just lost about 50 matches in FG trying to practice. Goodbye above 50% winrate. Hopefully one day they will adjust her in a patch so that you don't get sent flying when you get punched in the sword.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Try to forget about your FG winrate right now and you are one step closer to actually getting better. FG is an un-even ground to proof anything on anyway, but it is all we've got when not playing with friends.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
There are more options than just D-Air for her off stage. 0:

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
There are more options than just D-Air for her off stage. 0:
Im aware, I was just giving an example of how terrible I seem to be at it. I did end up putting my wii through the DMZ though which I want to say has helped my connection quite a bit, but I have been at this for like 10 hours straight now and tired as hell so I am playing like trash. Hopefully I can make some decent progress after some sleep. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
STOP.
Just, STOP. This the Lucina forums, not the Marth forums. People come here asking for advice on Lucina, not Marth. The last thing we need is another Marth Vs Lucina war

Last edited:

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
STOP.
Just, STOP. This the Lucina forums, not the Marth forums. People come here asking for advice on Lucina, not Marth. The last thing we need is another Marth Vs Lucina war
Lemme know when you want the war to start and i'll be there bae <3

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
STOP.
in agreement there. We already have that other thread that I won't need to mention that goes over that. Even then, that should just be banished into the depths of the Lucina board since its not being constructive anymore.

I am basically at my whits end here with this character. Even when combining all of these tactics it isn't uncommon for me to outdamage my opponent three-fold for the first half of the match, until they are around 120%, only for them to get me into KO range, kill me, and put up significant damage on me before I can even get the first kill. It is incredibly disheartening that I can play about half of the roster over Lucina and have a better win rate with them than the person that I have been practicing for hours with every day. Does anyone have any tips for me on how I can improve?
That aside, another means of getting the kill is like what Liquid was suggesting, which is the SB. If you do the FAir assault (SH FAir > move back/overhead midair > SB/DB), you can catch them off guard or chase them effectively if they decide to roll. Reading your opponent well is key to getting the amount you need to finish the job, especially with FSmash and USmashes

One other tactic to throw them off is the DB Up B setup (Side B > Up B) > FSmash. Typically I use it to setup more traps, but this can be used to finish the job if they don't see it coming. Of course, don't use it too often, otherwise they'll catch on quick. There is also the Air DB setup (Side B once in the air) > UAir. Once you hit 130% and up, it is considered a true combo and can kill. Once you reach 160% and up, you'll have to double jump and UAir, which still counts as a true combo and also still kills. Remember also that these setups do vary in weight, and floaty/small characters will be the bane of getting these consistently.

Worse comes to worst, you can kill with your Uthrow if they just refuse to die at high percents. You can setup to it using the DB Up B setup, or first hit Nair to grab. Though at those dangerous percents, you can also use the first hit NAir to go into an FSmash/USmash (which I believe does combo at really high percents, but you're more likely to get it as part of a setup instead).

Most importantly, like what everyone else has said, you should never give up and don't let those losses get to you. We all have to lose alot before we get better, so treat every fight as a chance to learn over a chance to win. You may not see the changes immediately, but eventually all this practice will pay off - that I can guarantee ^^

Hope this helps dude.

EDIT:
Lemme know when you want the war to start and i'll be there bae <3
Please stop that, there's already one thread for that subject. Now lets leave all this aside and focus on trying to help him improve his Lucina. Though I will say that Pokechao is placing ill intent with your initial statement, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Also, I don't know why you're using the Danish word for poop, but people's slang now-a-days confuses me when they're not researching it properly before usage. Though I suppose you could be trying to be cleaver with this...

Last edited:

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
Thanks Eternal, I have been pouring over your posts and watching some of your videos and you do a lot of things that I haven't seen in any of the other videos I have watched, and didn't realize were possible. The mind games that the FAir into a shield breaker and dancing blade into Dthrow add into the mix has really opened up a lot of possibilities for me. In the end, it seems like I was using DB all wrong to begin with. I had experimented before with the DB>Up air though and I always felt like no matter how well I timed it, that half the cast was simply too short for me to ever land either one hit or the other. Is this the case? Or is there a trick to it that I am not aware of.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thanks Eternal, I have been pouring over your posts and watching some of your videos and you do a lot of things that I haven't seen in any of the other videos I have watched, and didn't realize were possible. The mind games that the FAir into a shield breaker and dancing blade into Dthrow add into the mix has really opened up a lot of possibilities for me. In the end, it seems like I was using DB all wrong to begin with. I had experimented before with the DB>Up air though and I always felt like no matter how well I timed it, that half the cast was simply too short for me to ever land either one hit or the other. Is this the case? Or is there a trick to it that I am not aware of.
Well, the full DB has its importance, as it can kill with proper spacing between hits (I just like being fancy with all those setups d: ). But seriously, DB has a lot of application and alot to toy around with. Mixing up between them all is ideal - I still need to do that myself xD

Weight, spacing, and percentage definitely has a part to play in getting those to work properly. With Lucina, you have the benefit of not having to deal with tipper management, so spacing is a little more lenient that say with Marth. The ground DB to UAir (Up Air) is more a chase than anything else, and is usually only ideal at high percents when your opponent is launched too high to follow up with UTilt (up tilt) or FTilt (forward tilt).

If you were talking about the SH (Short Hop) DB, it is a rather difficult setup to get, and more troublesome to get when your oppoent knows how to get out of it (like my friends ^^"). Getting the initial DB hit is hard to get on the shorter characters for sure, but as long as they are at Mario's height at least, it is possible to get it as long as you activate the DB as soon as you start the SH. However by doing this, your only option is to follow up with NAir, because you don't have enough frames to even UAir. They are still hard to land that UAir on regardless, so the timing is rather strict. Any shorter than Mario however, then you will have to rely on catching them midair with the starting DB (this is your most ideal point to catch them, as long as they don't have a frame 1 air move that is xD).

Once you reach middle height like say Ike, you're given much more options and the timing is a little less strict. At 0%, you will have to space the time you connect the DB from the UAir, as when they hit the ground, they crouch a little too low to hit initially. But as long as you spaced it right and they hesitate/misinput, you'll be able to easily catch them with the UAir and all of your followup options are given (and they grow less as the percentage builds, but that's to be expected).

Now remember that all of these are mere setups, and they can be escaped by a number of factors like Frame 1 stuff, floatiness, or good reaction time. Like back to what you initially asked me about - DB > UAir - that one is more likely to miss than hit, but you want to keep the pressure going. You go for it like you will hit, and if it hits, great. If not, they may react in a more favourable way, and thus open up more options for you (especially if they air dodge immediately, which forces them to fall straight down and gives you time to setup an Air to ground DB followup.

Hopefully that helps clear up their usage, and glad to be of service xD

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
What I try to do is play what I like to call the 'poking' game so to speak. While keeping up an offensive I'll do small jumps and just tap Neutral-B. In doing so you succeed in doing one of two things:

A) You have a chance of catching the opponent with a shield, which will break it usually almost immediately.

or

B) You hit them. Dealing a decent amount of damage, but being able to recover good as well.

Its the same tactic I also use with Lil Mac's Neutral B. It tends to work out with me.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
What I try to do is play what I like to call the 'poking' game so to speak. While keeping up an offensive I'll do small jumps and just tap Neutral-B. In doing so you succeed in doing one of two things:

A) You have a chance of catching the opponent with a shield, which will break it usually almost immediately.

or

B) You hit them. Dealing a decent amount of damage, but being able to recover good as well.

Its the same tactic I also use with Lil Mac's Neutral B. It tends to work out with me.
If I may add on, Lucina's SB animation is slightly higher vertically than Marth's, which is also another point of interest. So her animation seems more akin to anti air as well as ground attacks (though Marth can still do similar with his, and maybe its more favored for him when he's aiming at grounded opponents). I also find Lucina's SB a bit more decieving than Marth's in terms of reach, and since she has consistent damage, the SB in her hands is pretty good overall.

Hapsby

Smash Rookie
Can someone please explain to me "the DB Up B setup (Side B > Up B) > FSmash." I have tried to add Up B on to combinations of moves that knock my enemy airborne, and my opponent is usually too high in the air, making it so i slightly tap them with the slash and then they hit me hard coming down.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Can someone please explain to me "the DB Up B setup (Side B > Up B) > FSmash." I have tried to add Up B on to combinations of moves that knock my enemy airborne, and my opponent is usually too high in the air, making it so i slightly tap them with the slash and then they hit me hard coming down.
Ok, I dun goofed at putting that as a kill setup xD (It is, but getting it to work is tough at high percents) It's a more damage racking setup than that, so I appologize for that. It is more ideal to use around 10 - 60%, and to have it work more as a kill setup, you'd need to be facing heavy opponents or opponents that air dodge to the ground. Won't always work, but knowing it as part of your setup is key. You also need to space carefully (as close to the edge of the blade as possible) so you remain relatively safe. Floaty/light characters can ruin your day, so you may want to go with a Jab to intercept them over trying to hit them hard. That jab can setup into a grab too if they don't expect it, so give that a shot. If they do go too high, you could risk it and go for a dash > USmash under them. Though at that point, you may just be safer jumping after them and UAir/FAir/BAir them away. If you don't feel like chasing them in the air, just FTilt/UTilt and you should be good to keep the damage going.

You will want to get your opponent near the edge so you go for the gimp, or read them with any of your Smashes. These setups above will help possibly get you the kill, but their primary objective is to rack up more damage faster so you can finish them easier. You have to get your opponent near the edge/off, then keep trying to force them on the ledge then read their options. As long as you stay out of their get up attack range, alot of their options are there for the picking. Standard fundamental stuff I'm sure you know xD

Marth and Lucina's fundamentals are reliant more on getting kills like these, so these setups just help that process along.

Last edited:

CherubiKnighT

"KnighT Of Mystery" CherubiKnighT
NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
I want to main lucina so bad I have not won a single match with her. I believe I just really suck with her... </3

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I want to main lucina so bad I have not won a single match with her. I believe I just really suck with her... </3
To that I say, ones test of ability comes from ones determination never to give up. For a person's skill is not measured simply from a short time period, but every day that one continues their journey.

In other words, winning is not everying, for your losses will teach you more than wins will. Don't give up and keep trying, you will see improvement as long as you're willing to search for it. The negative image of yourself will only hinder your progress, and its one that every person must fight and overcome in order to get better - coming from personal experience

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
To that I say, ones test of ability comes from ones determination never to give up. For a person's skill is not measured simply from a short time period, but every day that one continues their journey.

In other words, winning is not everying, for your losses will teach you more than wins will. Don't give up and keep trying, you will see improvement as long as you're willing to search for it. The negative image of yourself will only hinder your progress, and its one that every person must fight and overcome in order to get better - coming from personal experience
I want to be the one who challenges fate. I will keep fighting no matter what. I just have no one to play with. I was supposed to go to a tournament today but I have no ride :/. And I just thought maybe I should stay home and try and find someone to help me out more or just learn how to use Lucina. I am actually on a 10 game winning streak right now. I am still trying to learn combos. Most spefically the Dtilt, Ftild, Jab, Nair, Fair. Its really hard haha.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I want to be the one who challenges fate. I will keep fighting no matter what. I just have no one to play with. I was supposed to go to a tournament today but I have no ride :/. And I just thought maybe I should stay home and try and find someone to help me out more or just learn how to use Lucina. I am actually on a 10 game winning streak right now. I am still trying to learn combos. Most spefically the Dtilt, Ftild, Jab, Nair, Fair. Its really hard haha.
Well put then ^^ that's the spirit and good use of that quote.

If it's people you seek to play against, there are a number of avenues to go about this. As I am quite sure of, there are a number of people willing to help you out (including me, though I'm restricted to the 3DS ver atm xD). Though I am quite busy for the next 2 weeks, I'm more than happy to add ya on the 3DS and face you there should you wish. Also, at least there's a chance of tournaments on your end, as on mine there's barely any tournament scene to my knowledge. Most of my fights consist of local friends or online opponents (which I prefer ones that I actually meet and are able to talk to, over For Glory that is). I know a few people from the tournament scene, and I fight one regularly to help myself improve (The fights with Rezid/Hukster on my YT channel is that one regular tournament player I fight xD)

Marth and Lucina do not have much combos, per say. But they have a lot of setups to work with, and those setups can also lead to the one or two combos they actually have. Stuff like UAir > Full DB for example is their longest combo, and that can only be achieved at lower percents/against heavy characters.

Dtilt is a setup for a number of options, Ftilt is your anti air/attack string finisher, Jab is anti air/setup, NAir (the first hit only) is your setup/possible combo starter at extremely high percents/Approach tool (with both hits), and FAir is a setup/attack string finisher. Those are usually how I have applied them and often encourage other Marths/Lucinas to do on my guide xD But no doubt learning to use them efficently takes a lot of time.

Anyways, keep up the good work with practice. You'll get it in due time, I'm sure of it - as long as you keep up your spirits and keep trying

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
I am doing much better but I am having the most problems agasint FAST PLAYING Shulks, Little Macs, and Captain Falcons. I just feel so outclassed sometimes. I mean I still try but if they person is really good I usually get 2 capped. And I just want to have an opening and really tear up on them and add as much damage as i can. I was hoping to juggle people but it seems so much harder unless I am falcon or someone like that. What is the way you use?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I am doing much better but I am having the most problems agasint FAST PLAYING Shulks, Little Macs, and Captain Falcons. I just feel so outclassed sometimes. I mean I still try but if they person is really good I usually get 2 capped. And I just want to have an opening and really tear up on them and add as much damage as i can. I was hoping to juggle people but it seems so much harder unless I am falcon or someone like that. What is the way you use?
Speed characters and fast fallers also make getting the setups difficult as they can punish your mistakes on block easily or are just not lifted high enough off the ground to get them in a compromising position till late percent (even then that's difficult). Finding their openings will no doubt be a challenge, and are part of the more difficult MUs for Marth and Lucina.

They will rely on trying to outspeed you, so you will have to be a bit more defensive and outspace them. Shulk is a special case, where he can only keep that speed MArt for so long, that once it's over, the roll is reversed and you have to outspeed him. Little Macs often try to rush down and keep up the pressure via super armor and eventually the KO punch. You want to end Little Mac before he reaches the KO punch, so get him as close to the ledge as possible and gimp him off stage. Once he's forced to side B/Up B, one counter will end him right there. For C.Falcons, it really will come down to spacing him as best as you can (and thankfully, the consistent damage and knockback will allow a bit leway in your approach more than Marth). Throw your attacks where you expect him to act first, but back off immediately if you get too close. Running/Walking shield cancelling is also pretty good, since half the time they will rushdown with an A attack, then the other half with a grab. If you throw the shield too early, it'll be either safer to remain in block, dodge roll towards them, or cancel it with jump and do a retreating FAir. I haven't fought enough C.Falcons to give you anything substancial, but the other two I understand a bit from playing as them and fighting against friends that use them.

The best way to learn how to deal with them is to fight them often enough that you see the patterns in their approach. Use that pattern to your advantage, and keep them at a sword's length away as best as possible

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Speed characters and fast fallers also make getting the setups difficult as they can punish your mistakes on block easily or are just not lifted high enough off the ground to get them in a compromising position till late percent (even then that's difficult). Finding their openings will no doubt be a challenge, and are part of the more difficult MUs for Marth and Lucina.

They will rely on trying to outspeed you, so you will have to be a bit more defensive and outspace them. Shulk is a special case, where he can only keep that speed MArt for so long, that once it's over, the roll is reversed and you have to outspeed him. Little Macs often try to rush down and keep up the pressure via super armor and eventually the KO punch. You want to end Little Mac before he reaches the KO punch, so get him as close to the ledge as possible and gimp him off stage. Once he's forced to side B/Up B, one counter will end him right there. For C.Falcons, it really will come down to spacing him as best as you can (and thankfully, the consistent damage and knockback will allow a bit leway in your approach more than Marth). Throw your attacks where you expect him to act first, but back off immediately if you get too close. Running/Walking shield cancelling is also pretty good, since half the time they will rushdown with an A attack, then the other half with a grab. If you throw the shield too early, it'll be either safer to remain in block, dodge roll towards them, or cancel it with jump and do a retreating FAir. I haven't fought enough C.Falcons to give you anything substancial, but the other two I understand a bit from playing as them and fighting against friends that use them.

The best way to learn how to deal with them is to fight them often enough that you see the patterns in their approach. Use that pattern to your advantage, and keep them at a sword's length away as best as possible
Thank you. You are the best help anyone has ever been :3 RAWR. I also stream everyday on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/cherubiknight so if you wanna stop by and chat or maybe even add me on 3ds then, hit me up. Loved to have you watch me play and give me pointers when you of course have the time in the future. I will be going to lots of tournaments and have a huge part to play. I am even dressing up and stuff :p its going to be great fun but I def want to be the best out there.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
While Shulk has more Range than we do, he also has some lag on his moves as far as I can tell.
So if you bait out an F-Air or Nair for example, you should be able to go in for a quick punish.

Haven't played that much vs. Shulk though, so I can't guarantee it.

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
While Shulk has more Range than we do, he also has some lag on his moves as far as I can tell.
So if you bait out an F-Air or Nair for example, you should be able to go in for a quick punish.

Haven't played that much vs. Shulk though, so I can't guarantee it.
For me what seems to work is countering. Grabs are really hard to do as well as baiting him since his stupid sword has such great ranger (saltsaltsaltsaltsaltsalt). If I can get him off the edge its much easier to fight him especially with his up be or side b. It to me is similarly countered like little macs. But he give me some major issues. GAH! But I believe Falcon is the worst one of all *sniffles* But mark my words. Ill get them!! RAWR

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thank you. You are the best help anyone has ever been :3 RAWR. I also stream everyday on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/cherubiknight so if you wanna stop by and chat or maybe even add me on 3ds then, hit me up. Loved to have you watch me play and give me pointers when you of course have the time in the future. I will be going to lots of tournaments and have a huge part to play. I am even dressing up and stuff :p its going to be great fun but I def want to be the best out there.
Haha, glad to be of service. Also liking that fire in your motivation now, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do. For sure I'll add ya on 3DS, and I'll pop in on twich whenever I am able to see what you can do. And I'll be more than happy to give pointers as you play, though I'll probably be under the name "nonamecommentaries" since I don't have a twitch account for personal use yet.

Though keep in mind, if you want to be the best, you'll be competing against a lot of other Lucina players d: My goal is a little different from aiming to be the best, but I will be competing against you and try to provide as much help as I can xD Let's see how far you can take the info I've given ya and make it into something worthwhile. The results of the info you've gotten and placed into application will be very interesting indeed xD

Last edited:

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Haha, glad to be of service. Also liking that fire in your motivation now, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do. For sure I'll add ya on 3DS, and I'll pop in on twich whenever I am able to see what you can do. And I'll be more than happy to give pointers as you play, though I'll probably be under the name "nonamecommentaries" since I don't have a twitch account for personal use yet.

Though keep in mind, if you want to be the best, you'll be competing against a lot of other Lucina players d: My goal is a little different from aiming to be the best, but I will be competing against you and try to provide as much help as I can xD Let's see how far you can take the info I've given ya and make it into something worthwhile. The results of the info you've gotten and placed into application will be very interesting indeed xD
Maybe one day we can not only fight one another but perhaps fight side by side <3. And hey I don't mind. I really don't. Infact I hope everyone I meet tries to 4 stock me. Every fight lost is a fight to keep reminding me how much better I need to get. And well, with every win. Heh, it just means the gap is closing.

I am going to paragon. M2k will be there. Hungrybox, D1, Plup (already met him :p) The time and the dawn is well on its way. I will be wearing my Lucina "Marth" mask and my cosplay. I will most certainly challenge fate and shock someone. Maybe even the world of smash. The dawn is coming. *huehuehue*

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Maybe one day we can not only fight one another but perhaps fight side by side <3. And hey I don't mind. I really don't. Infact I hope everyone I meet tries to 4 stock me. Every fight lost is a fight to keep reminding me how much better I need to get. And well, with every win. Heh, it just means the gap is closing.

I am going to paragon. M2k will be there. Hungrybox, D1, Plup (already met him :p) The time and the dawn is well on its way. I will be wearing my Lucina "Marth" mask and my cosplay. I will most certainly challenge fate and shock someone. Maybe even the world of smash. The dawn is coming. *huehuehue*
Optimism Gauges strong. I approve of this, you go out there and shock the world, and show that a Pro Lucina can be just as good as a pro marth! ;D Make a big name for Luci!

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Optimism Gauges strong. I approve of this, you go out there and shock the world, and show that a Pro Lucina can be just as good as a pro marth! ;D Make a big name for Luci!
Lucina is bae. But I also like the message the most. "I challenge fate" This is what I have needed my whole life. The scrub who had no past and climbed out the whole into a bright and beautiful future. Its time to show the world.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Lucina is bae. But I also like the message the most. "I challenge fate" This is what I have needed my whole life. The scrub who had no past and climbed out the whole into a bright and beautiful future. Its time to show the world.
Now I'll only warn that Bae in Danish is poop xD so a reconsideration of terms may be appropriate for what you're trying to say, haha

Also, it'll be good to see how my stuff will translate in the tournament scene. the closest I can get right now is just fighting some tournament goers online, but hopefully all of these things are just as applicable for people to use in tournament settings just as well ^^

Also, we may not be able to meet IRL for a while, but I've got skype around for anyone that wishes to converse xD It be there on my profile I think, otherwise it's Kusanag194. Anyone is free to add me there if they want to talk about whatever we discuss here on the Marth/Lucina boards xD

Last edited:

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Now I'll only warn that Bae in Danish is poop xD so a reconsideration of terms may be appropriate for what you're trying to say, haha

Also, it'll be good to see how my stuff will translate in the tournament scene. the closest I can get right now is just fighting some tournament goers online, but hopefully all of these things are just as applicable for people to use in tournament settings just as well ^^

Also, we may not be able to meet IRL for a while, but I've got skype around for anyone that wishes to converse xD It be there on my profile I think, otherwise it's Kusanag194. Anyone is free to add me there if they want to talk about whatever we discuss here on the Marth/Lucina boards xD
Are you in canada? It is the only one I am getting... You can Add me on skype. (Darius Gotay)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Are you in canada? It is the only one I am getting... You can Add me on skype. (Darius Gotay)
Yes, I am in Canada xD I should be the only one with a strange usage of numbers and letters to my knowledge. I'll see to it that you're added once I am able

sawp

Smash Rookie
I guess I will just have to practice not killing myself. Any time I try to D air off the edge I just fall to my death unable to recover. Literally just lost about 50 matches in FG trying to practice. Goodbye above 50% winrate. Hopefully one day they will adjust her in a patch so that you don't get sent flying when you get punched in the sword.
Are you using a GCN controller? If you change the c-stick to attack as opposed to smash, I think you can avoid triggering fastfall if you just flick the stick down. I could be wrong though, I haven't tested this myself.

Top Bottom