• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Getting sick of the demo

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Been playing non-stop. Switching between a 3DS XL and 3DS to give each one a break as I play.
How is it on the regular 3DS? I haven't seen it really on that, kinda curious as 2 of my friends have the regular sized ones.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
How is it on the regular 3DS? I haven't seen it really on that, kinda curious as 2 of my friends have the regular sized ones.
My XL Is a capture card, so I usually use it on streaming. For the regular 3DS, with my hands, I can still push the buttons as fast and efficiently as the XL, I don't see any trouble with the screen size and everything looks clear. It does look weird at first if you go from Big Screen -> Small Screen.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
My XL Is a capture card, so I usually use it on streaming. For the regular 3DS, with my hands, I can still push the buttons as fast and efficiently as the XL, I don't see any trouble with the screen size and everything looks clear. It does look weird at first if you go from Big Screen -> Small Screen.
Interesting, thanks!

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I've played the demo for a pretty extensive amount of time now and I still love it. I feel like mario is amazing in this game. He feels more Melee-ish. All in all I'm still having a good time.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm not complaining since I'm glad I got a code, but would I want stock instead of 2 minute matches? Yes but I'm happy I get some practice using these characters. I also found out I will be adding :4megaman: to my rotation because he plays way better and closer to my style then I thought he would.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
YOU'RE GETTING SICK OF THE DEMO?

WHAT

I CAN'T EVEN

WHAT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE

PEOPLE THESE DAYS

I DON'T EVEN KNOW

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US SAKURAI

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'll wait for the demo. Honestly I can just use it for testing it out and getting used to it for a little bit. Honestly it's not that needed really...I mean game comes out 2 weeks afterwards anyways.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Honestly I will probably be playing like the whole day when the demo comes out the 19th and test everything such as pivots, smash attacks, combos, and movement and then just play whenever I hang out with friends. Most likely be playing every weekend until the last week before Smash 4.

Last edited:

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
I've played it for 8:49 so far, I'm still playing it, and I'd probably have played it twice as much if Kirby was available in it. Even just with three characters who I like playing, the game feels about as varied as my entire list of Brawl mains, who all pretty much boiled down to back air spam.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
This is why I've only been playing a few matches every day.. :facepalm:

HullabalooFTW

Smash Rookie
Oh I am not sick of the demo, I've been playing it a lot, but I will admit seeing the starting character/stage roster in front of you and not being able to choose them kills me lol, I can't wait for the final game to release here, this is gonna be a very long 18 days.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Well I got my hands on a demo (I don't have a code) and I just played all the characters vs. Mario then a whole hour of Villager vs. Mario. That hour...that hour was the most fun I've had in like, months...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Let us not forget this is a DEMO it is not supposed to keep you interested for long periods of time. It is there for you to get a taste of the game.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Ive literally probably played like 5 hours today i got it on friday and played it even more yesterday i am not getting tired of this game. The non final destination battlefield makes it more interesting with the items and everything otherwise i would be using final destination more

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I've clocked in over 17 hours into the demo alone and I'm not tired of it. And I'm actually happy to admit that despite there being only 5 characters, two stages, and locked rules. It makes me think I'll have THAT much more fun when the rest of the game is unlocked for me. I was dying to play and get a feel for the controls and stuff and the demo gave me just that, so I'm very happy with it and can't complain at all, I actually didn't think Smash would get one at first.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I've clocked in over 17 hours into the demo alone and I'm not tired of it. And I'm actually happy to admit that despite there being only 5 characters, two stages, and locked rules. It makes me think I'll have THAT much more fun when the rest of the game is unlocked for me. I was dying to play and get a feel for the controls and stuff and the demo gave me just that, so I'm very happy with it and can't complain at all, I actually didn't think Smash would get one at first.
Exactly just being able to choose my own stages make them last longer and have a vast number of characters and unlockable characters and modes i cant wait plus online ahhhh but im happy with the demo for now its really fun

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Exactly just being able to choose my own stages make them last longer and have a vast number of characters and unlockable characters and modes i cant wait plus online ahhhh but im happy with the demo for now its really fun
Yup, exactly. It's a demo, you're supposed to play it, but still feel like you want more, to the point where you're willing to purchase the game because you want more and I think it did it's job right.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Played it on someone elses' DS today. Glad I gave my code to someone else. Waiting for full game now :)

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I have not played the demo, nor do I own a code, nor do I want a code. It's interesting to see people get bored of the game before actually owning it. I'm waiting patiently for our north American release of the game to play it.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've already put in more than 7 hours into the demo and I've yet to become bored or tired of it. Obviously, don't spend several hours on it at once or you will get burned out. Like other's have said, try new characters, learn the in's and out's of each character, master them, try FFA matches, 2v2 and so on. The amount of fun and content you get from the demo only ends with you. For me, I'm continuing to master Mega Man and Mario as they are among two of my mains, alongside Shulk, Robin, and Lucina. Be grateful you have the chance to play the game before anyone else, even if the demo is somewhat limited.

Top Bottom