• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Getting sick of the demo

Treece

Smash Cadet
Day 2 and I have no idea how long I have been playing the demo for.
But I can say that I've been playing it so much that I will get sick if I see Megaman/Villager/Pikachu/Mario/Link in any formation again.

What about you guys?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Yeah it really does get boring. I've seen so many folk begging for the demo. It's not worth it!!

the8thark

Smash Lord
Is this a case of people getting a free slice of cake but complaining that you ate too much and will feel bad if you see any more cake?
Seriously it's your fault for playing the demo too much. And also be glad you have a demo code. Many people do not and would love to have a demo code like you.

TLDR: Quit whinging and be thankful for the free demo code you have.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not bored at all and I've poured many hours into it already. I have it open beside me right now.

I've been using it to practice like crazy, mainly with Mega Man, and I'm genuinely progressing, so that helps. I also take breaks. And I go to a 4 player FFA items match every once in a while too, and deviate from playing Mega Man every once in a while.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Is this a case of people getting a free slice of cake but complaining that you ate too much and will feel bad if you see any more cake?
Seriously it's your fault for playing the demo too much. And also be glad you have a demo code. Many people to not and would love to have a demo code like you.

Leave it to people like this guy to actually put things in perspective for you. I've been begging for a demo and know that I have to wait a week until it's released for everyone else cause I know I'm not getting it from everyone else. How can people like the op be complaing about free content when the rest of us are dying for it!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Indeed, don't play it too much. Also, shake things up. Try other characters for once. Test them out. Etc. See what ATs you can try.

At the end, it's still over 2 weeks before we get the game.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've been playing the demo in short bouts between rounds of Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem. It's all about moderation.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Seriously it's your fault for playing the demo too much. And also be glad you have a demo code. Many people do not and would love to have a demo code like you.

AMEN!

ferioku

Smash Ace
Demo is awesome, I don't see why you are complaining, you knew that you would have to wait till October 3rd anyway! Be thankful that you even got a chance to get a tase of the game before it released!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

This!
Aaaamen.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Played Megaman (planned main) for about 13 of my 15 hours on the demo. From now til release, I plan on only playing five solo rounds a day, one as each character. Games with friends will now be done as Link, Mario, or Pikachu, since they're veterans that I won't be focusing on anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah I'm not sick yet, especially since the very character I'm planning to main for the full game is available to me. :4villager:

But I guess I can understand getting a little bored of the demo if none of your mains or characters you are interested in are available in the demo. Eitherway I'm currently practicing with Villager and see if there are any cool and interesting tricks I could pull off with the guy. In other words, I'm kinda using the demo as my training ground and getting accustomed to the new controls until the full release for now

MixMasterMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
MixMasterMudkip
3DS FC
5241-2232-9791
The demo has 3 characters I've never really played, and still don't care to play, 2 newcomers who have been my least hyped newcomers since E3, and one stage with 2 forms. I've sunk in 6 hours a day the past two days, and plan to sink in another 6 hours today, tomorrow, and the day after that.

I have not grown sick of the demo.

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
I do not think that I would get bored with it, however I have my brother to play with when I get my hands on the demo.
He already has the demo though, since a friend of his gave him a code. I played it a bit myself, but I think there is enough there to keep myself entertained even playing solo. Anyway, a demo is a demo. I do not think that it was ever meant to have everlasting replay value.

Hank Scorpio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hail2DThief
3DS FC
2036-7953-4724

^This x10000000

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This topic is practically flamebaiting.

Or bragging in a disguise as paper thin as a cheetah on stilts trying to make his way into a giraffe's only golf club.

Either way it's a ridiculous topic.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I've been using the demo to get used to the feel/mechanics. With that being said, I won't get sick of it since I've laid out a purpose for it.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
If any of you don't want your codes I'll take them! XD JK...but actually yes...

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC! I haven't played the demo yet but I seemed to be entertained for hours just by watching OTHER PEOPLE play the demo! I can't wait until I get my hand on it/ the 19th.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
If any of you don't want your codes I'll take them! XD JK...but actually yes...

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC! I haven't played the demo yet but I seemed to be entertained for hours just by watching OTHER PEOPLE plat the demo! I can't wait until I get my hand on it/ the 19th.
That's a really great attitude, haha.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The only thing I am sick of is the Random button always giving me Pikachu as an opponent. And not even different Pikachu, the same default one.

Additionally, I am sick of the main theme of the game, but that is not because of the demo. I was sick of it long before that. The demo just makes it worse because that is the only song in the game until you luck out and get the Melee menu once in a while. And this isn't because I don't like the new theme. It's just, that's about the only real music we've heard for most of the time leading up to now.

That said, I was a Link main in SSB64 and solely played Link for most of Melee's lifespan until I opened up and played other characters leading into Brawl. In Brawl, I gravitated towards Toon Link more, but played a lot of characters.

Seeing as I've been playing Link in some form for literally 15 years in SSB, always as a main, this feels no different from playing SSB64 to me, except slightly less characters.

And I love Villager.

So no, not really bored with it. I also only play it a little bit each day. I want to savor this. But I just lucked out that one of my mains and a character I wanted to learn were both playable.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Leave it to people like this guy to actually put things in perspective for you. I've been begging for a demo and know that I have to wait a week until it's released for everyone else cause I know I'm not getting it from everyone else. How can people like the op be complaing about free content when the rest of us are dying for it!
Get on from Ebay :D

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Im racking up coins and some technique. Can never have too much of either! Plus, my friends irl also have the demo, so were gonna do some multiplayer.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Nope. I have 20+ hours on the demo and I am still not bored. I am just practicing with mah main Link

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Although it is painful to see my mains locked behind (Palutena and Kirby), I'm still having a blast playing and learning the mechanics. I love the buff for Link and how unique Villager and Megaman are. Also, I'm racking up coins to buy all the trophies I so ever desire. This is a brilliant yet simple demo.Take a break.

Last edited:

Roarzcorp

Smash Cadet
Is it me or is mario really good in this version? I am kicking megamans lvl 9 ass..

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
Is it me or is mario really good in this version? I am kicking megamans lvl 9 ***..
Only Megaman?
Nevermind, I like to play the demo while watching livestreams or just sitting in the sofa, I need to practise Mario mechanics, cause Dr. Mario is my main, and there's not a lot of diference.

A_Seagull

Smash Rookie
If anyone has an extra NA code I would really love to try the demo, I've been searching since they started sending them out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I only played them demo once for all 5 characters. I don't understand playing the demo more than that.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
You guys are complaining about how the demo got boring while I'm over here playing Kirby Fighters Deluxe (#notthesame) waiting to play the demo.

If you have some friends, maybe this could help.

Khao

Smash Lord
Eh, just try playing in short bursts and keep changing the amount of players and switching between both versions of Battlefield.

Even if I get sick of this demo, once I get the full game, everything will feel completely different even if I play with the same five characters first, if only because of the new stages and the opponent's character.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
If anyone has an extra NA code I would really love to try the demo, I've been searching since they started sending them out.
I really wish people would stop asking. Or at the very least stop clogging up actual threads. Think I'll start reporting each one.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Some people are complaining about the lack of content in the demo, but I'm just sitting here wishing I could play it.

Top Bottom