• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting juggled (help!)

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
As per the title, I frequently find myself being juggled, particularly by aggressive characters, but I have trouble with this in general. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone have any tips?

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
try using parasol to land or while youre falling use your float to trick opponents

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Peach can get juggled but she has some pretty good options. I feel that one of the things that keep Peach from getting juggled is the opponent's fear of getting hit IF they jump at you. The trick to landing is that you want them to be afraid of jumping at you, so when they try to bait your attack with empty hop --> shield your attack, you'll likely be able to land for free by not attacking.
Anyway juggling only really happens when people are DIRECTLY under Peach, and if they aren't directly under then they have to risk getting hit.

-- Weave back and forth
-- You can weave toward them then just bair away since bair super moves your hurtbox.
-- If they're far away or if you sense an overcommitment to an air attack you can uair (c stick up) and immediately fastfall.
-- You can save your float. Maybe use it to space out somebody's jump or eat up a ground approach. Or just not use it at all.
-- You can save your DJ, OR you can immediately DJ airdodge for height. DJ airdodge is a very safe option at maximum height for most of the cast since it gives you the freedom to go for the edge and it allows you to dodge the initial uair bull**** somebody has for you.
-- Dair is an option but you don't really wanna go for that. If you do, try to land behind somebody. Just know that you aren't reaaally going for it lol.

Anyway just be patient! Peach has options. She may not have the fall-speed to land directly on the stage like Fox or Sheik, but she's still full of tricks. And if you do manage to land onstage, don't forget to buffer a dash or an attack or something. Just buffer movement upon landing. You got this lol.

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
^ wow thanks for the effort you put into your response :)
Usually I will try to go to the far edge depending on the opponent, so that DJ airdodge is useful for creating some space. In general I will feel most comfortable recovering from (below) the edge, since the extended hitbox of parasol seems safe enough. I am always hesitant to fight my way back onto the stage.

I think my problem stems from being juggled at low percents (with the opponent underneath, like you said), where challenging with either nair/dair don't really work, and DI-ing doesn't quite cut it.

Float is definitely a great tool to use, but I'm still working out where an optimal height to float would be. Too high and you're left with one less option on the way down. Too low and you're an easy target for whatever the opponent might throw out. I still have to think about parasol a bit more. It feels like your options are way too limited once you hit that up B.

Has anyone had any success with using toad to break out? Maybe learning to airdodge properly is the way to go. Does anyoen have any tips on that?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
If you're at lower percents then just figure out how to DI away from the most damaging combo-finisher. Or dj airdodge out of stuff. Or work the float. You have some pretty decent options low percent, but it's definitely not like brawl where you can SDI out of everything or nair out of everything. You can nair out of a lot of things, though. It just depends on what specifically you're getting hit with.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Lastly, don't forget your toad. :) Fast Fall toad FTW

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Don't forget that you do have nair that can break combos from time to time.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I usually try to go for the edge.

I move WAAAY to the left or right, fall below the stage a bit, use my parasol and use its insane horizontal travel distrance to hit the ledge.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
FF Toad is dangerous if used more than once. Counters are fairly easy to read, and are just as easily punished by good players.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Toad comes out so slow omg :c

Sometimes when I fast fall, an opponent does a dash attack to punish my landing, but the toad sends me up a bit so I can hit with a b-air or n-air to get their missed dashes. Usually that's all they're good for and the surprise factor wears off pretty quickly.

Top Bottom