• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Getting high scores causes you to get *new* custom moves?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I've been farming a whole lot, using all the modes and various strategies, and I've noticed that when I do well in Smash run or Trophy Rush score wise, it seems more likely that the move that I receive is a new one. In particular, I once only had one move left to unlock for a character, did a really good run, and got three copies of the last move i needed. I did the same thing with another character and got two copies. When I do a crappy low scoring run it seems less likely that I get anything new. It also seems like losing the final battle of a smash run drops the odds of getting new moves (this is probably reduces the score for the run dramatically, I imagine).

It's best for the community as a whole if we can get the best information and the best information for farming out there, since it would be better if it was all unlocked from start competition wise. So I didn't want to keep this hunch to myself.

It's changed my smash run playstyle from just searching to parts to actually playing more like how the game was intended. Quantity * quality is the best farming speed, I think. I've also stopped SDing in the last few seconds of a trophy rush run when I know I can't get another fever because I think the score improves the drop quality.

Synzer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Synzer
3DS FC
0817-4230-0108
Interesting, I never thought of that. I will test this out as well. It would explain why sometimes I get new moves and other times I don't, when I play a character I'm not as good at.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I thought it might have just been a system that gives NEW! items at a higher frequency... I got all of Mario's custom moves through Smash Run failing most of the final battles, maybe setting a new record once. It took 5 Smash Runs to get the 4 I was missing.

smash4

Smash Rookie
Offtopic: Can I Costumize Moves In The Wii U Version Or Should I Use Amiibo

Synzer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Synzer
3DS FC
0817-4230-0108
Offtopic: Can I Costumize Moves In The Wii U Version Or Should I Use Amiibo
That is something I'm not clear about as well. It says you can use custom characters from the 3ds on the wii u, so I don't think you need amiibo, bot not 100% on that. I'm hoping you only use amiibo to level up the characters, use them in battle as teammates, and watch them fight others.

Last edited:

smash4

Smash Rookie
I remember reading something on smashwiki saying custom moves are exclusive to the 3DS version but i came back today and i didn't find anything

smash4

Smash Rookie
That is something I'm not clear about as well. It says you can use custom characters from the 3ds on the wii u, so I don't think you need amiibo, bot not 100% on that. I'm hoping you only use amiibo to level up the characters, use them in battle as teammates, and watch them fight others.
I remember reading something on smashwiki saying custom moves are exclusive to the 3DS version but i came back today and i didn't find anything

Synzer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Synzer
3DS FC
0817-4230-0108
It is possible that is true. I'm pretty sure you can transfer custom characters to the Wii U, but if you only have the Wii U version, the only way may just be Amiibo. We will have to wait and see, unless there is definitive info somewhere.

smash4

Smash Rookie
It is possible that is true. I'm pretty sure you can transfer custom characters to the Wii U, but if you only have the Wii U version, the only way may just be Amiibo. We will have to wait and see, unless there is definitive info somewhere.
so if that's real how can we use mii fighters?
i think there custom moves are available from the start

Top Bottom