• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting good at this game

Jackyl

Smash Rookie
Been playing for about a year pretty much only on the weekends and my friend and i have come with good progress.
I main wolf and would say i'm pretty bad, but can do some of the simple stuff
Short hop
L Cancel
Shine cancel
String together decent combos
Tech
Wall tech
Wavedash

With all that being said, I'm getting a little frustrated with my progress. I can't really shield shine, my wavedash is inconsistent and I cant do it that quickly. I want to get better at the game but it feels like I'm not going anywhere. Is there a certain controller I should be using or videos I can watch or what?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
For something like wavedash just do it over and over and over until it is natural. I'm trying to get better too and it's a complex process. There is a lot to smash, more then I knew of a couple months ago.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I would say repetition. Eventually things like wave dashing become so second nature, you won't have to think about it. Even shine out of shield will become second nature as well where you can do it on command without a sweat. Put yourself in training mode and practice tech for like an hour every couple days (If you have the time to do so). You'll get there. As for videos and what not, I'm sure they can help, but they are not necessary. What is necessary is lots of practice.

Top Bottom