• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Emerald...have some Quick Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelociLink

Smash Rookie
So, I'm planning on getting Pokémon Emerald :pokeball:, but there are some things I want to figure out before it arrives:

Which starter should I pick? I've narrowed the choice down to either Mudkip or Torchic.

If I get Mudkip it'd probably, and honestly, be because he's the cutest between the two. Because of this, I'd probably end up not evolving up and eventually hopefully get a Lv 100 Mudkip 'causeI don't like the look of Swampert and that'd be cool :awesome:. One of my main concerns is that I might be at a disadvantage as I'd still have a normal-only-water-type-unevolved Mudkip.

If, however, I get Torchic, I'd just keep leveling him up and letting him evolve, like normal (a plus because Bliaziken looks cool). Another reason I might pick Torchic is because the only starter's I usually get are Fire-types.

So what do you guys think? This is a hard choice: swim laps around my competition with Mudkip or blaze a path to victory with Torchic?

Ummm, I can't think of my other questions at the time...

VelociLink

Smash Rookie
I get this weird feeling I'm being trolled.
Haha, why? This is legit, just kinda ridiculous. I simply can't decide on which starter to get cause both sound fine, but I think I like the aesthetics of Mudkip more. The only problems I foresee are: it might be weaker, I'm pretty sure I couldn't breed it, I might not ever get it's 2 evolutions to my Pokedex, and maybe a few other minor issues.

And this is the link: Listing on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom