• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting bored of your main?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Heres a bit of advice, I don't know if it'll work for most of you. But it usually works for me.

Just change the color that you usually use, sounds like wacko advice. But it won't seem as boring.

Then again, it might be that I'm only bored of looking at the same color every time =/

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I already used every color of my previous main and still got sick of him (Snake).

Another thing that helps is playing a large amount of characters. It seriously keeps things fresh

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you get tired of your main, and also are already fed up with different colours, try using a clone, if available.

If there's no clone, I suggest you to take a character with either similar playstyle, or better, absolutely different playstyle. So if you use a fast lightweight, try using a slow heavyweight instead.

If that doesn't help either: Do one of those "Play Mode XY with all characters". You may find a character who wakes interest in you, then you can play a bit with them, and afterwards switch back to your old main.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I use lots of different characters.
I just use random when I'm fed up of Marth, or can't decide who to use.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I have been doing this since the first one. However, it does make the character a little more distingushed.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I went from blue to red.

I also sugest to change the name of your smash character. unlike last month, I called my Lucas "Luffy" and this month, I call him "Popeye" then went back to blue.

Yes, name changing also works

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Good advice, but I usually just make my secondary my new main for a few weeks. ;)

♥Hmmmm.. but then I'd have to call myself ~Zeldy~ or ~Kirby~. ^__^;

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
♥Good advice, but I usually just make my secondary my new main for a few weeks. ;)

♥Hmmmm.. but then I'd have to call myself ~Zeldy~ or ~Kirby~. ^__^;
How cute would Bowsy be :laugh:
I usually swap between the characters I can use best.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
It's impossible to ever get bored of Meta Knight.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Actually. I might have to try this. I've been using Wedding marth since Melee, and Fire Mario since brawl launch with the name GHN since Melee. I recently got bored of the two in a sense, that I wanted to take a break from them, since I've been playing them for so god **** long, hence why I picked up Manchu as a 3rd. And god ****, do I enjoy playing as him.

Though, I might try the new color thing. New name, is kinda hard for me. Rof.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Can't stand changing colors. Only special ones (that aren't "dark" characters) and defaults suit me. I prefer to just play another character primarily for a week or so and then come back to the old one and realize why you picked him/her in the first place. That's why I'm playing Ganny right now. He's become my secondary in the process, too.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Meh, I have 3 mains, and I'm working on adding a 4th. I always use black or the darkest color possible. Changing the colors doesn't really help prevent me from getting bored of my mains. Although to be honest, I don't get too bored of them. Since I have several, I can always switch to another for the time being and keep things interesting

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I do this all the time. I even switch colors when I am doing bad with that character. Example: Diddy Kong

When I use my diddy, I sometimes don't play well, so if I'm using say purple, I switch to white and yellow and play much better. It helps a lot with all my characters. Well expect my wolf, where I always use white-red.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I've played black and white Ice climbers for a while. Got bored, now I'm trying to dual blue ice climbers (the one were nana is a lighter shade of blue than popo), and its fun again :p

Mewtwo1414

Smash Cadet
I haven't gotten bored of my first and second mains yet, my favorite color change is Ness in purple, he somewhat looks like a gangster in the color, lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I stay with the same color always and as long as I play real people, I never get bored.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who doesn't have this work for me?
I've switched colors left and right, and it doesn't help me being bored of a character. In fact, it just annoys me.
I'd rather just take the time and play around with other characters, get a feel for them.

Top Bottom