• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting a tooth filled. Really nervous D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ok so my mom comes out and tells me that I'm getting a tooth filled... today. I had no idea that I was even going to the dentist, let alone, getting a tooth filled.

So I come here to ask how bad it hurts, how long the pain lasts, etc. etc.

What's your stories on this?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Stories? I have horror stories that you don't want to hear about getting fillings.

As for pain, I'm a horrible indicator because I have a high tolerance to pain.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You'll probably hate the shot, and being numb for an hour after-- that's about it.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
I've had fillings twice, one actually pretty recently, this spring. It does hurt a considerable amount, but you'll get used to it pretty fast with the numbness. Dentists are a legitimate reason to be afraid, but you'll be fine.

...maybe...

darkatma

Smash Hero
haha fillings
I just got 4 wisdom teeth pulled. then 3 fillings.
the wisdom teeth hurt more. especially the bottom right one.. oh **** that was some fine meat slicing and bone drilling. getting some stitches off next wednesday

don't worry about fillings.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i just did it yesterday
its doesnt hurt much
even if it does, it'll only be for a little while

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Never had a filling, but I had 5 adult teeth pulled before I got my braces. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt a lot, but I didn't feel like I was gonna die or anything.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it. I think getting braces hurts a LOT more. Of course, if you never get braces, then who am I giving this advice to? D: Anyway, it doesn't hurt much and as others have said, it doesn't last long. After the shot, it's a piece of cake. And no, the cake is NOT a lie...

smash inc

Smash Cadet
Haven't had one but braces hurt a ton i'd rather get a filling then braces.. well i'm lucky i don't have them anymore i had them when i was 11.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Stories? I have horror stories that you don't want to hear about getting fillings.

As for pain, I'm a horrible indicator because I have a high tolerance to pain.
Ah stop whining, I'm always seeing you posting how you have it worse than other people on here. Lighten up and have some fun.

AllGoodNames... is right. I've had 2 fillings, 5-6 teeth pulled out, braces and earlier today two half fillings/repairing and plaque removal I think. It really isn't that bad. Tooth pulling and fillings both have anesthetic so aside from the shot you don't feel anything. To be truthful, your only problem is struggling to eat after.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well I'm back and it's a pretty funny story.

I was in the chair and I had my eyes closed because of the brightness of the light. Well they were putting something in my mouth and it felt like they were just resting some metal on my check just waiting to give me the shot. I asked them what they were doing and they said they would tell me later. I was expecting they were going to give me a shot really quick without telling me but he ended up taking the metal object out and walking away. I asked the other dentist (I guess a nurse?) when I would get my shot and she told me that I just got it. It had no feeling whatsoever and the only thing that actually hurt through the whole process was the dentist kinda pulling my cheek to keep my mouth open.

But yeah, thanks for everyones advice. Thread can be closed now ^.^

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ah stop whining, I'm always seeing you posting how you have it worse than other people on here. Lighten up and have some fun.

AllGoodNames... is right. I've had 2 fillings, 5-6 teeth pulled out, braces and earlier today two half fillings/repairing and plaque removal I think. It really isn't that bad. Tooth pulling and fillings both have anesthetic so aside from the shot you don't feel anything. To be truthful, your only problem is struggling to eat after.
I had two fillings drilled without Novocaine. The first time, the doctor said there is no way I can feel it and kept drilling. When I finally twitched, he had to restart. The second time he said it was too shallow to use Novocaine, so he just went without it. Halfway through, he said it was much deeper than he originally thought, but they can't stop now.

Another time, before he was diagnosed with whatever he has that caused him to retire, his hands started shaking, he missed my gums, and stabbed me in the tongue.

During my wisdom teeth surgery, they had to do IV sedation and laughing gas. The IV sedation had no affect on me, but eventually I went to sleep, only to wake up during the surgery, feeling everything, unable to move. It was one tooth, but it was the most excruciating 20 minutes of my life.

So, kindly shut the **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom