• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Your OTL Matches Critiqued Here

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
The OTL Video
Critique Thread

Post videos of your OTL Matches here and get critiques. Simple as that.
I was hoping this could help meveryone ut with problems they need solved.
Credit goes to -Affinity- for format in the MK Boards
Mods, if this should be someplace else, please tell me

Rules:

1) Stay on topic.

Don't break off onto a random tangent, like Magic the Gathering or something. Just stick to critiquing.

2) Try to keep the number of videos you post less than 3 at a time.

More than 3 will probably be more than most people will be willing to watch.
Don't overwhelm us

If you just want to post lots of your videos and aren't looking for critiques, please post here instead http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225171.

3) Make who's matches you're critiquing clear.

To avoid confusion, please note who you are critiquing at the beginning of your critique post. With lots of videos being posted in here, this is very necessary. Don't forget!!

4) Avoid posting videos of Offline matches.

Offline play has different strategies as online. There should be threads outside of the OTL that critique offline matches. Online videos only please.

5) Avoid posting videos of matches against CPUs.

CPUs don't play like humans, which makes critiquing you difficult. Stick to posting matches against other people.

6) Do not post vids here that are more than 1 month old.

Critiquing old vids is pointless. Post recent vids so we can see what you currently need work on.

Have Fun!

:)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
interesting idea!!

ahh, i wish i had a modded wii so i could save longer replays... :( i have a match with aryman coming up!

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
interesting idea!!

ahh, i wish i had a modded wii so i could save longer replays... :( i have a match with aryman coming up!
just a question iv always been wondering. how long can a non-modded wii replay be.
kind of a noob question

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I like this idea. Oh and as for your question, non modded recorded matches can only be about 3 minutes in length. *sits back in his chair* I love critiquing especially since I like to play as everyone.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I'll have some Falcon videos up there since those are the only ones I can get recorded. <_<

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
thanks for the answers
now for critiquing i should have some vids pretty soon

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There's no one here with a recording device AND the infinite replay hack soooo good luck. :x I plan on recording every match of mine from Revival and uploading them though.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I have a recording device and my wii is modded. I just don't have the infinite replay hack because I'm too lazy to look it up.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
And I have the infinite replay hack (And mucho other hacks) but no recording device. :[

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
good idea

i'll probably be getting a video capture device to record the revival matches as well
but no replay hack lol

but what happened to the other video thread

lol cough

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
good idea

i'll probably be getting a video capture device to record the revival matches as well
but no replay hack lol

but what happened to the other video thread

lol cough
yeaaaaa wasn't chaco the one who made the last one? it didnt last long if I remember correctly.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
There's no one here with a recording device AND the infinite replay hack soooo good luck. :x I plan on recording every match of mine from Revival and uploading them though.
? I have a recording device... you don't need the hack if you record it yourself.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
im going to record some matches in my weekly summefests with my digital camera
the camera works perfectly, i record, upload to youtube, then i delete off camera for use again

EDIT: updated rule 3

If you just want to post lots of your videos and aren't looking for critiques, please post here instead http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225171.

Ugg

Smash Champion
im going to record some matches in my weekly summefests with my digital camera
the camera works perfectly, i record, upload to youtube, then i delete off camera for use again

EDIT: updated rule 3

Might aswell put that in the OP. :p

Also, question, would there be anyone out there willing to accept replays and record them for other people who don't have access to recording devices?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I have a USB recording device. But I cant record and play at the same time because it gives me input lag. That's why I can only record replays or matches where I'm not playing myself.

If you want you can check out my youtube channel, there's a bunch of brawl matches there.

http://www.youtube.com/Aryman104

Top Bottom