• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Wrecked, Disney

Frames

DI
actually wat u dont know is that all of that is only one movie's fault

robin hood had a very tight budget so the animators reused footage from all those different movies into the dance scene

people will just assume that they have been copying animations for years because of the editing of the movie as well as the description of the video and the lack of the general public's knowledge of the chronology of disney movies

really robin hood was just the one movie that borrowed the scenes from aristocats, jungle book, and snow white and it was because of the tight budget

also how many times have you seen an anime where they recycle the same animations in the SAME episode it happens all the time

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
that's actually smart of them

and i can't see them facing legal problems for copying their own work.

and disney movies are made for kids anyway...

these kids would never notice something like this.

Which means they are just saving money, allowing them to produce more kids' movies in the long run.

props to them

Rayku

Smash Lord
Well, yes, I knew about the short budget.

But other movies had comparisons, not just from Robin Hood. Granted, the majority of them were from Robin Hood. Didn't I see some comparing Cinderella to the Jungle Book?

As for anime, oh yeah. I see it all the time. Granted I don't watch -too- much, but quality animes don't abuse the balls off of it. I was just referenced that link from a friend, so I thought I'd share.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
there's no need to be defensive, frames.

disney is smart for doing this.

Frames

DI
john what are you talking about this has nothing to do with disney being smart they didn't have much choice at the time

of course disney copies their stuff sometimes, it happens the problem i have is that this video and this topic is trying to generalize disney animation and i don't want people getting the wrong impression, yes there were comparisons to other movies like 101 dalmatians, and sword and the stone but for the most part disney makes great animation

anyways w/e im done can't lock this cuz its not against the rules unfortunately

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude I love Disney. I just thought it was an interesting little find.

Sorry o.O

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Frames has gone mad with power!

I've known about this for awhile and it's a smart idea as John said (regardless of the actual reasoning behind it all)...:027:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where it's flat and immense
And the heat is intense
If they don't like your face
It's barbaric, but hey, it's home

*edited by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
DBZ does this. Same big attack charging animations, same fighting animations.
In fact, they trace Episodes.

*random powerful blows that you can't see happening*
*charge big attack*
*State power level*
*noob makes a crack about Over 9000*
*Big attack lands*
*Big attack fails, so they go up a level of power*
*Repeat the last 2 until enemy is defeated.*
*Make it last over 15 episodes.*
*Lather, Rinse, Repeat.*

See? Is that not a good description of DBZ?

Granted, it was a good series before Z started.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It don't make no difference to me. Recycling is, like, an industry standard in all kinds of animation. Trust me, you'd be doin' it too. Saves time and money.

Top Bottom