• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Real

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Okay, for all you people who are constantly in need of mastering characters, like TL, why don't you pretend yourself as TL and then go wield a light sword, but make sure its sort of heavy but not too heavy. If you've played a bit of TL, at least knowing the moveset by heart, do it yourself. Pretend you are TL and be an embarrassment to yourself and actually perform the moves. What you do is actually understanding how TL moves, how long it takes to initiate each attack, and allows you to understand just how long, or how much time of lagging, stopping, etc. you require to initiate moves. Then play the game again. It really helps to tell yourself, "Okay, BAir requires like a bit of delay time, so I'll initiate it a bit early." (For example). It really helps yourself to stop saying you can't master a character and instead just visualize it in your head how things will work out. Then test it out and modify it so that way you get what the games does and sync to it. If constantly playing a character isn't helping you, this is another method to understanding characters much easier.

zifn15

Smash Cadet
The problem with what you suggest is that the physics in SSBB and real life are completely different. Also a broad sword is very heavy even a short one like Toon Links would be very heavy. This weight will make the sword very difficult to control(for novices). The sword will be come much more difficult to control if we even attempted some of the stuff that link/Toon Link did. This will cause accidents and Jack Thompson will have more video game related stuff to rant about.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
Okay, for all you people who are constantly in need of mastering characters, like TL, why don't you pretend yourself as TL and then go wield a light sword, but make sure its sort of heavy but not too heavy. If you've played a bit of TL, at least knowing the moveset by heart, do it yourself. Pretend you are TL and be an embarrassment to yourself and actually perform the moves. What you do is actually understanding how TL moves, how long it takes to initiate each attack, and allows you to understand just how long, or how much time of lagging, stopping, etc. you require to initiate moves. Then play the game again. It really helps to tell yourself, "Okay, BAir requires like a bit of delay time, so I'll initiate it a bit early." (For example). It really helps yourself to stop saying you can't master a character and instead just visualize it in your head how things will work out. Then test it out and modify it so that way you get what the games does and sync to it. If constantly playing a character isn't helping you, this is another method to understanding characters much easier.

....Brilliant!!11! :colorful:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
W T F

10char

Benedetto

Smash Cadet

Dunno what really made you have to say that, but I am lmao anyways.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, as a Ness/Lucas main I do this all the time. It's kinda hard to get the PSI to come out whenever I want it, and PK freeze makes your head hurt if you do it too often.

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Please understand that this isn't really for people who have already mastered TL, as well, doesn't fit for Ness + Lucas, so see how I only posted this on only for TL boards and not Brawl Tactic Discussion Thread. I only did this for those who are constantly nagging how they can't seem to use TL swordsmanship that well. Taking a real life interpretation will greatly help understanding the timing of attacks (does not include with the high jump height). I do it and it gets the rhythm of understanding the character much better.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
RL smash bros? olol

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I woke up and decided to read this... After about 2 hours of trying to comprehend the deep level of understanding, I eventually went to Goodwill and bought a pair of green clothes, pants, and a hat. I stood silently as I took a large branch and visualized myself holding the Master Sword... I felt it's power. I then slowly walked into my isolated backyard as I imagined a colorful battlefield filled with mystifying wonder. I drew my sword and paused. I stared into the eyes of my invisible opponent... It was Snake... he finally came... The battle was long and fierce as I exchanged my share of Bair to Fairs, and a stock was lost. I was worried for a moment till I noticed the large rocks that I can use as bombs. I used all my fury and finally ended the match with a bomb > bair > uair. The combo was flawless. I picked up my spoils and fiercely stared into the eyes of my lifeless unexisting opponent. It was then the shrooms wore off and I realized I just spent 27 bucks on green clothes.

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Well, now you got yourself a cosplay costume you can wear in the next Anime Convention. If you see a free TV nearby, plug a wii in and start playing brawl, eventually you'll get enough people playing that you may even be able to probably make a tournament out of it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
WTF?

Smash bros. is the most unrealistic s*** ever. Life is the most realistic s*** ever.

Video games is about being unreal, not being real. Real life is dull, unless you want a soap opera. But those type of lives and shows always bore me. >_>

+ OVER 9,000

Toon LinkzerXXXorz!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I woke up and decided to read this... After about 2 hours of trying to comprehend the deep level of understanding, I eventually went to Goodwill and bought a pair of green clothes, pants, and a hat. I stood silently as I took a large branch and visualized myself holding the Master Sword... I felt it's power. I then slowly walked into my isolated backyard as I imagined a colorful battlefield filled with mystifying wonder. I drew my sword and paused. I stared into the eyes of my invisible opponent... It was Snake... he finally came... The battle was long and fierce as I exchanged my share of Bair to Fairs, and a stock was lost. I was worried for a moment till I noticed the large rocks that I can use as bombs. I used all my fury and finally ended the match with a bomb > bair > uair. The combo was flawless. I picked up my spoils and fiercely stared into the eyes of my lifeless unexisting opponent. It was then the shrooms wore off and I realized I just spent 27 bucks on green clothes.
lmao

i love this place

Grid

Smash Rookie
Can someone post a youtube of someone doing this, I don't think im doing it right

Jako Tako

Smash Rookie
I tried to improve my ranged game by throwing real bombs it didnt work so well....

NeptunerAV

Smash Cadet
OMG!
I know right!

I love morphing from zelda to shiek/sheik!

plus my teleport Up+B pwns everything in sight :D

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
You know, I used to do this with C. Falcon back in Melee. Of coarse, the neighbors got kinda mad when half the galaxey was destroyed when I tried the Falcon Punch.

Top Bottom