• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

German Super Smash Bros Explained!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros or how we germans call it: Super Hauer Gebrüder (Nah its a Joke) Has Obviously some diffrences from the English Version! That might lead some to believe Our versionm is Wrong but i mean the Game is Japanese our version has the same validaty as yours Both are translations of the Japanese Version! I mean i would love talking about that version too but i dont understand that language anyways Lets Start with the Most Beloved part of Smash the Roster:

64:
these have fun facts:
Fox
The First 2 Star fox Games couldnt use the star fox name over here because of copyright so they were/ are Star Wing and Lylat Wars That does not apply to the other games tho!
Ness
Ness was an absolute Nobody over here as we only got earthbound/ Mother starting with the Wiiu and 3ds!
The One Character with a diffrent name is:
Jigglypuff aka Pummeluff
Keep in mind that most pokemon names are translated in most Languages because they are wordplay based! also Pummel means Chubby!

Meele:

This one is a weird Case:
Sheik is called Shiek in german
how weird why would they just flip the letters? Easy If the Name wouldve stayed written the same Way The Pronunciation Wouldve been Completly Off! Shiek in german sounds the same as Sheik in English!
Dr. Mario
uses the German Word for Doctor: Dokter
And Young Link is called Junger Link!
This is the first Instance of the Infamous (Gender Language) I see so many English Videos confused by Later Characters having 2 section for announcer Voices tis is because certain words are Flavoured in MAle, Female and Neutral ways in other Languages obviously link keeps 1 Announcer Section Junger is the male version of Young the female one ist Junge which btw Junge is also used in the place of Boy!

Now Brawl:
The Only Notable example is that:
King Dedede ist König Dedede

King and König are the same Word!

Now Smash 4:
I think we include Luma in Rosalinas name so they are called Rosalina und Luma/ Rosalina and Luma
Greninja is Quajutsu with Jutsu being a common Japanese Ninja Term
Robin is callled Daraen
Dark Pit is Finsterer Pit which is a diffrent word fore Dark but can also mean Sinister and Gloomy
Villager is Dorfbewohner (Male) or Dorfbewohnerin (Female)
Wii Fit only has a diffrent name for her Default Version that being Wii Fit Trainerin as you mightve Noticed In is used to denounce that that person/ Character is female BTW There is a huge controversy surronding that in germany currently
I do the miss later

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lets do a quick detour on Bosses Up to Brawl:

First lets start with the Ever Iconic Hands:
Masterhand is Directly Translated as Meisterhand (Yes Hand and Hand is written the same!)
and Crazyhand is kept (atleast the crazy PArt) Probably because Verrücktehand wouldnt sound that good?

Next: Brawls Bosses
Honestly allmost all of the bosses including RAyquaza (because Legendary i guess) Remain as in english except 1
Petey Pirahna is Mutant Tyrahna
WHich means something honestly it means what you would think it does!

Top Bottom