• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Melee Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm dangerously close to inactive on Gayboards, but I remember winning the last million Georgia Melee tournaments with similar plans for the rest of them.

In fact you still haven't put up the vids from the last one.
@Chaddd- You'll remain #1 as long as you show your face at any tournament that breaks 16 attendees or more than 5$ entry fee.
My logic behind this is similar to when I said we put XIF at #2 when he moved to GA:

"Who in GA can beat XIF? Chaddd. That's why XIF's #2."

By the same logic, who in GA can beat Chaddd?
Soft is the only one I've seen do it in tournament recently, thats for **** sure.

So as long as you still dish out the ***-whoopings when there's enough people or money on the line to ensure that you should be motivated to play, I see no reason to touch your #1 spot.
Previously answered questions are previously answered.

Example: when you break it down, I can clean up any number of small weekly tournaments, but if I still can't beat Chaddd when he shows up then he should place higher than me on the PR.

I envision the PR as a list of (at least SEMI-) active players who place the best in tournaments and/or are the most skilled out of all our players.

I'd say our top 10 right now (in alphabetical order) are:

Alpha
Chaddd
Cornel
DogySamich
FullMetal
Merck
Prac
Rayku
Sleepy K
Soft

XIF and MarsFool! would be on the list if they're GA.
Question: Is XIF on the Florida melee PR? If not, he should be counted as GA, I believe.

Inactive:
Carter
TBag
Hidden
Renegade Marth
Marty
Mike G

@Sleepy K- if I've forgotten anyone you feel is worth mention, please add on!

@Everyone who might read this post and get pissy:
This is my thoughts, not the opinion of the whole panel- I'm trying to "ballpark" a general list for us to work from, THIS IS NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM THE ACTUAL PR.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
rayku requested not to be on the pr

imo alpha is too inactive to be top 10

imo dashdancedan

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
rayku requested not to be on the pr

imo alpha is too inactive to be top 10

imo dashdancedan
Did not know Rayku requested not to be on the PR.
But he is one of the top 10 melee players in GA who are active at the moment, IMHO.

I can agree with DashDanceDan over Alpha on the PR due to inactivity, but we'll discuss such things after SoD7, and with the rest of the panel. ;)

Thanks fo yo feedback, sweetheart.

SleepyK

please try to keep discussion like that out of this PR thread until we decide on one, lol.

i had a long, looping discussion with rayku about him being on the PR
he just doesn't want to, apparently. he and i came to a compromise that if we decide not to make tiers after top 10, he should be in tier 2 by himself.

XIF still considers himself FL even if he's staying in GA afaik. I'm not knocking xif or anything, he's just repping his home state which is admirable when you're living oos (unless you're doing it incorrectly, like laijin). we are forgetting GAWes on that list.

tbh i still don't think i'm top 10 yet since i've only had 1 good oos placing and it was only 3rd.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Previously answered questions are previously answered.

Example: when you break it down, I can clean up any number of small weekly tournaments, but if I still can't beat Chaddd when he shows up then he should place higher than me on the PR.

I envision the PR as a list of (at least SEMI-) active players who place the best in tournaments and/or are the most skilled out of all our players.

I'd say our top 10 right now (in alphabetical order) are:

Alpha
Chaddd
Cornel
DogySamich
FullMetal
Merck
Prac
Rayku
Sleepy K
Soft

XIF and MarsFool! would be on the list if they're GA.
Question: Is XIF on the Florida melee PR? If not, he should be counted as GA, I believe.

Inactive:
Carter
TBag
Hidden
Renegade Marth
Marty
Mike G

@Sleepy K- if I've forgotten anyone you feel is worth mention, please add on!

This is my thoughts, not the opinion of the whole panel- I'm trying to "ballpark" a general list for us to work from, THIS IS NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM THE ACTUAL PR.
okay now fmtl that is some grade-A ***motry trying to represent the entire panel and not having me even on the inactives list yea *** *** *** ***sterisks *** the power ranking too wtf sleepyk i thought we were friends where do you ************

SleepyK

tong when is the last time you entered a melee tournament?

also when is the last time you wanted to enter a melee tournament?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
(btw i'm entering EVERYTHING @ sod i have been saving my lunch mony from my mommy for this express purpose)

SleepyK

best posts by tong

grr @ hando - if i didn't played like a frightened schoolgirl i swear i could have beaten moogle
chad i am very unsure about.

but the issue with that is it proves my inconsistency, which i think is a huge issue

Prac352

Smash Lord
the only things i see are johns

and you guys still play melee? skills up to snuff? please prove it and stop making johns.
afaik

-SNIPPAGE-

anyway, as far as columbo goes if you really have that many active players (who don't have any tournaments) then i think alpha is a good representative. prac is also fine but if he isn't getting along with the rest of columbus i think there might be some bias for and against him so i'd prefer not to step on that landmine
For starters, there aren't that many "active" in Columbus. From what I've seen it's me, Alpha, Tsunami, and Alternate. I don't think the pr should be filled necessarily on regional representation so much as knowledge of the scene. Both Alpha and I might need a little catching up, but we're certainly qualified.

And as far as me not getting along with people goes, the beef that I've had with people is in the past and has never caused bias on my end. Just because a smasher is an obnoxious person doesn't mean I see them as a poor competitor. Same goes for the nice guys. Ares is the coolest of dudes and we know he's hot garbage at this point.

I dunno. I do want either myself or Alpha on the panel simply because we think similarly when it comes to smash. I'll make my case in person on Sunday.

SleepyK

ok, but the issue of not needing regional representation kind of works against your case if you yourself say that you need catching up
i'd still like you/alpha on the panel, personally. so 4 people :/

k cool

beef between smashers that isn't regional rivalry is ghey

PB&J

Smash Hero
wow rayku is on the list and im not...u have to be kidding i gues im not active...if rayku is better than me in people eyse im not ever going to a ga tourny again....ever and im serious ill just go oos...and dshdancedan is way better than rayku hands down..thanks mike for the love son..and what happened to wes being on the list he goes to more tournies than prac does...i love it

SleepyK

rofl evan

you have not placed well in tournies, tbqh.
rayku has beaten dan consistently at tournaments

Rayku

Smash Lord
I don't want to be on the Power Rankings. The Tier 2 thing is an ongoing joke that I actually find kind of funny.

PB&J + King DashDanceDan on the PR over me, pl0x

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
wow rayku is on the list and im not...u have to be kidding i gues im not active...if rayku is better than me in people eyse im not ever going to a ga tourny again....ever and im serious ill just go oos...and dshdancedan is way better than rayku hands down..thanks mike for the love son..and what happened to wes being on the list he goes to more tournies than prac does...i love it
Evan, you havent placed above second to last in like, a year.

PB&J

Smash Hero
what ever sleepy..but i place well oos way better than alot can say..w/e sleepy just post the dumb top 10 from ga..and wes better be on it..what

xif shut that crap up..please look at some old results or something..even at all the impact trash craps and waba ones i placed good...please show me my last 4 placings from the ga touries in order and i will shut up

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
hey guys this was in my original post but i seriously thought pb&j was just joking like i was when i pretended to be mad @ fltm and slpk

Gerbil

Smash Champion
@Sleepy - You know... there were spoiler tags at the top of my post that say "it's a joke" and the fixed for accuracy edit was for Ares' *fake* john : /

You made me a sad panda :(

Also, Prac and I don't really have any beef anymore. We've both moved on with our separate lives/issues and I just really havn't thought of any big deal about it in the past 7 or 8 months at the least, maybe even almost a full year by now. So let's just leave that issue off of SWF. Thanks. :)

Actually, I have to agree with Prac on PR representation. *I cut this giant part out, because after rereading some things, it's pointless to bring it all up since it will be ignored anyways >_>*

Don't leave Prac and Alpha out of your consideration just because Columbus as a whole is inactive. A lot of us, on serious notes, had way more important things come up in life that prevent us from continuing to go to tournies. Call it what you will, but real life is the ultimate John, and that's what happened.

Also, if Columbus is so inactive as you state, then you know there is always a way to help it out. You could come down here and play us you know... we got to play The Cape for a couple of weeks in Melee, and it was awesome as hell. That was about the only outside source of Smash we've gotten in a long time. I stopped collaborately hosting G4S with Alpha/Ares because I had bigger issues come up. For the past 3 years Columbus made trips to you guys everywhere, and we always brought a minimum of a full car (4-5 people). Sometimes, Columbus made the effort of 3 cars.

Columbus has done alot for the tournament scene as far as attendance. If the issue is because of inactivity, then maybe it's time to get some people to go to Columbus instead, and drag some of us out of whatever we're doing. I'd be more than willing to play anyone on a gamenight, and I know everyone else in Columbus would be willing.

*goes back to lurking the boards as he has done for the past few months*

SleepyK

gerbil if you lurked better at all you could have told that my "doesn't exist" posts weren't serious and i really want alpha or prac on the panel.

evan please link us to threads of your OOS placings so we can take them into consideration.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Xif ..u are so wack..sleepy if u agree with xif..this is funny..im not going to go out the way to show the results...i just thought it was funny that rayku was higher than me..if u think rayku is please show me where he place good besides 8 people tournies that i wasnt even at or our best players like chaddd cornel xif etc merck

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
This is not being whack or even me trying to be mean. You truthfully have not placed well enough to warrant a top 10 placing, so there really isnt any reason for you to be on the PR period, no matter the circumstance.

As for Rayku, I do not know, because I do not know his placings

SleepyK

xif shut that crap up..please look at some old results or something..even at all the impact trash craps and waba ones i placed good...please show me my last 4 placings from the ga touries in order and i will shut up
im not going to go out the way to show the results...
evan, please explain this logic to me.

as for rayku, he's gone close to even with cornel for as long as i remember. he beat eugene and fullmetal (if not he outplaced him or whatever) at the past "8 man" tournament which had like 13+ people which is pretty high for GA. he got second and lost to me in winner's and in grand finals.

if you're not going to go "out of your way" which is just showin us a few threads, then how are we to change our minds?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
gerbil if you lurked better at all you could have told that my "doesn't exist" posts weren't serious and i really want alpha or prac on the panel.

evan please link us to threads of your OOS placings so we can take them into consideration.
I'm still catching up to whatever's going on... I'll admit, I'm not a good lurker, I like to type alot when I get the chance. I went and edited out most of that post.

No beef dude : /

Rayku

Smash Lord
Xif ..u are so wack..sleepy if u agree with xif..this is funny..im not going to go out the way to show the results...i just thought it was funny that rayku was higher than me..if u think rayku is please show me where he place good besides 8 people tournies that i wasnt even at or our best players like chaddd cornel xif etc merck
I hate it when people make personal attacks at my skill level. It makes me get slightly defensive, and people always take it the wrong way.

I've never played Merck. I'd love to see how I stand up to him, though. I really would.

I've always gone even with Cornel. I don't know if he'll vouch for me or not, but I always treasure the friendlies/seriouslies I get with the better players in the state.

The last time I played chaddd was like two years ago, sadly enough. I asked him for friendlies one time and he just kind of looked at me a weird way.

I don't want to be on the Power Rankings at all, so I'm sure that alone will make you satisfied (me not being on it). If not, then I dunno what to say :/ I'd like to be on the Melee Panel, but I'm already on the Brawl panel and I don't think that would say much for our state.

I think if you want to prove yourself, Evan, that you really should go out of your way to pull up these OoS placings. I know you did pretty well at the Tallahassee tournament I went to. I really wish I didn't get "bracket gayed" there (I was fine fighting ColBol first round, but I had to go against Soft round 3. No fun playing in-state people OoS). No johns, though. I'm not talking about my placings.

On another note, it's good to see that Fullmetal acknowledges my efforts to an extent. Thanks :)

SleepyK

what? what beef? i hope i wasn't showing animosity in my post! i thought we kind of knew each other better so the joke would come across. oh well. no beef at all!
but from what i've seen from prac (whose opinion i trust) he said only around 4 people are active really, so.......

Gerbil

Smash Champion
what? what beef? i hope i wasn't showing animosity in my post! i thought we kind of knew each other better so the joke would come across. oh well. no beef at all!
but from what i've seen from prac (whose opinion i trust) he said only around 4 people are active really, so.......
He IS right about only roughly 4 being active. Alpha, Prac, Alternate, and Tsunami are probably the only "truely" active players. DP and I will sit down in a blue moon and play, but nowhere near enough to call active.

I've been out of the joking mode for a while haha. I'm glad things are cool.

Continue away with the debate in this topic lol.

*watches*

SleepyK

oh, ok. sorry gerbil. <3

four active columbers, :(

well, i don't see a huge demand for another active rep then

PB&J

Smash Hero
forget it..sorry rayku ..i was just mad at something else..no offesne ur cool..what ever..im not top 10 ..no big deal..

sleepy-im too lazy to search..it wont prove anything anyway

umm..to anybody else in thi thread..im sorry for even posting in here wont post anymore in this thread

SleepyK

i've pm'd evan about "won't prove anything anyway" which is clearly false. we're trying to create a PR that contains the opinions and tournament record of our more active players and top placers. otherwise we'd run the panel with only 1 panelist. i encourage debate and opinions in this thread, just please don't flame or post overly passionate responses without evidence.

also i mentioned fmtl forgetting gawes in my post and talked to him about it on aim.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Evan if you pulled up results from past tournaments and stuff, since you don't attend GA tournaments very often (you're always OoS or something-or-another), I'm sure it would be more than enough to prove to everyone that you're good enough to be top 10.

I'm about to leave, else I'd offer to look them up for you :/

Wish me luck at Pokemon Regionals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom