• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gentleman

flipboi0787

Smash Cadet
One of the things that made Captain Falcon the best character in Melee was he could do amazing things that added to his sexiness. He had a moonwalk longer than any other character, so long it could even be applied to his jump to do precise aerials, and used to sweet spot the edge. He had a sexy taunt that everybody knows (and jokingly says, "Show me your boobs! <falcon salute>). He has an amazing thread entitled 'Falcon Sexiness', http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124190 which showcases why Falcon is the best character that everybody loves. In Brawl, we have found out so far for Falcon he has the 'Electrified Knee' back, probably doesn't have a moonwalk, and has better B moves. But still no one has answered if Falcon has one thing that has also made him so cool in Melee:

Does he still have the Gentleman?

I don't need to tell you what it is, but this video will show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdsOxz4DqY

at 0:34 we have just a basic gentleman

at 0:38-0:40 we have the gentleman into knee

Yeah, I hope you are amazed by those quick clips of the Gentleman, so Mike Hawk, myRoboticClaw (two competitive players who have played Brawl), or anybody who hopefully knows how to do an air Gentleman, time the Gentleman, and has played brawl, can you do the Gentleman (if so, on opponents or in the air)?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Having just played Captain Falcon for an extended period of time, I can assure you that Falcon does indeed go through the motions of the gentleman. However, it is no longer the useful little combo that it was in Melee. It's much easier to pull off now, but there is no significant knockback from the knee hit. Instead, it's just like a normal jab.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
Having just played Captain Falcon for an extended period of time, I can assure you that Falcon does indeed go through the motions of the gentleman. However, it is no longer the useful little combo that it was in Melee. It's much easier to pull off now, but there is no significant knockback from the knee hit. Instead, it's just like a normal jab.
all true(sadly)

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Also Z doesn't do the third hit, for people who did the Gentlemen that way. Hitting A A Z just makes him shield after two jabs. I didn't mess with it much, but timed A A A was easy enough and not that useful. No target required though.

Top Bottom