• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
We made Geno's creator realize it

I wonder if there IS a way to spread it further.

Geno in Mario Kart
We made him realize by having him actually come out and threaten us to delay the game because of how much demand there was. Probably hurt his chances more than they helped but needless to say Saki is well aware of how much we want him.

Can't have him in Mario Kart either, not with the high demand of PG Peach or more baby characters of the already announced racers.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Maybe have Geno participate in the next Paper Mario or M&L game.
We made him realize by having him actually come out and threaten us to delay the game because of how much demand there was.
Did he really say this? I read it before but assumed it was made up.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Maybe have Geno participate in the next Paper Mario or M&L game.

Did he really say this? I read it before but assumed it was made up.
It's made up. The site that created that junk rumor is completely satirical.

On other news, Geno in another RPG game would be great.

EDIT: We hit over 30 pages guys!

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
We made Geno's creator realize it

I wonder if there IS a way to spread it further.

Geno in Mario Kart
*thinks*

We could spam Reggie Fils-Aime's inbox or something. He actually listens to fans and has some pull. We could inundate Nintendo's Facebook... we could try what I suggested earlier and ask gaming site reporters to suggest it to the bigwigs they interview... *thinks* How many of you guys have Facebook, Tumblr or what-not?

Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart should've been a thing a long time ago.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We made him realize by having him actually come out and threaten us to delay the game because of how much demand there was. Probably hurt his chances more than they helped but needless to say Saki is well aware of how much we want him.

Can't have him in Mario Kart either, not with the high demand of PG Peach or more baby characters of the already announced racers.
Yeah, first of all that was SAKURAI and not Geno's creator

AND that was from a satirical new

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey, how come the OP doesn't have a supporter list? All I see is the old list from the Brawl thread. Isn't there one for this iteration? :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually think Wart would be a perfect enemy for Geno

Since star road is the connection that makes dreams come try, and Wart is kind of like a nightmare creature that harms people in their dreams

Hey, how come the OP doesn't have a supporter list? All I see is the old list from the Brawl thread. Isn't there one for this iteration? :(
Mostly because this thread hasn't been as consistent in posts or supporters compared to Brawl and I'm not exactly sure who this new age of supporters are.

Admittedly I also don't go to the character boards that often unless I see one of my character threads has been posted in

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Mostly because this thread hasn't been as consistent in posts or supporters compared to Brawl and I'm not exactly sure who this new age of supporters are.

Admittedly I also don't go to the character boards that often unless I see one of my character threads has been posted in
If people posted that they'd want their name listed in the OP as a supporter would you make a list?

Also I'm bored and sad today, so I'm gonna hang out with you guys.

Here's an intelligent look on the possibility of Geno in SSB4 I found on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_o4nIQ7Ro

Another Geno analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3KaWDv5ZBg

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
After Dillon's high-resolution debut? I'll be glad to see Geno in 3D, whether it's playable or not.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'd gladly list my name as a supporter. I've wanted Geno since I was waiting for Melee to come out. I've eagerly awaited every smash title since 64. I remember waiting all night for the opening movie for Smash 64 to download on my dial up connection just so I could watch it before the game came out. =p

But yes, I've avidly wanted Geno since then. I've been a member here at Smash Boards for ages. *laugh*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll add anyone to a supporter list if they post they want to be on it

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Add me as a supporter. I signed up to smashboards back in 2007 to support Geno.
I'd gladly list my name as a supporter. I've wanted Geno since I was waiting for Melee to come out. I've eagerly awaited every smash title since 64. I remember waiting all night for the opening movie for Smash 64 to download on my dial up connection just so I could watch it before the game came out. =p

But yes, I've avidly wanted Geno since then. I've been a member here at Smash Boards for ages. *laugh*
That's a long time :laugh:

Staarih

Smash Master
Add me as a supporter too:)

I do agree with @ErenJager with the fact that Geno would definitely be a huge surprising character, yet a well received and popular one. Even though the support has dwindled a bit, his popularity during pre-Brawl can't really be completely forgotten by anyone. Imagine having Geno in as a late unlockable character, when people have pretty much lost all hope on him, and seeing him, not expecting him at all... ohh the hype. I don't know if anything like that can actually be realistically expected, but I'd just really love his inclusion. Well, of course, I'm a supporter haha!

Frontiers

Smash Cadet
Im kinda new but I support geno. I hope at like the end of the nintendo digital event a trailer reveals geno as a third party rep

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Geno > Pacman, so hopefully if they do include a third Third Party rep, its somebody who fans would love to see back in action from the good old days

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
4 third party people is too damn high! I personally wouldn't cry, but who knows if Sakauri would cry over adding too many outsiders.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Put my name on the support list please.

And thank you for granting my request.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

4 third party people is too damn high! I personally wouldn't cry, but who knows if Sakauri would cry over adding too many outsiders.
Since Geno is a Mario character, I don't think he necessarily would feel or be considered "An outsider" whatever his legal standing

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

Since Geno is a Mario character, I don't think he necessarily would feel or be considered "And outsider" whatever his legal standing
As much as I would welcome him as a Mario Character, I don't know if Square would allow him to be labeled as one. They could put alongside the rest but ultimately have to give him his own icon to distinguish him most likely.

I just think it sucks that we lost such a great amount of quality from this game. Would be awesome if Nintendo would buy the rights back but eh, very wishful thinking ):

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Sign me on the supporter list as well.

We are what 2 years off of the 20th anniversary of SMRPG being released? Damn it feels like forever ago.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would a Geno hater or a troll want to be on the support list?
The 2/3 Troll was before you joined, before the character threads even existed.

It was definitely him (And someone else) I've confirmed it

I doubt his sincerity because of it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What'd he do?
He and his friend constructed a fake screen shot of Sakurai's twitter where one of them supposedly asked Sakurai if Geno, Mega Man and Isaac (I think if was Isaac, I forgot who the 3rd one was) were in Smash Bros

"Sakurai's Response" was 2/3

He and his friend then went onto this forum and tried to convince everyone it was real...blah blah blah. It was one of the first "Leaks". It was a dry season in Smash news, since this was before E3 and people were kind of desperate for Smash news so it went on longer and was speculated more than it should have been before we figured out it was fake.

The two of them admitted it and mocked the forum because they had "fooled us all"

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
He and his friend constructed a fake screen shot of Sakurai's twitter where one of them supposedly asked Sakurai if Geno, Mega Man and Isaac (I think if was Isaac, I forgot who the 3rd one was) were in Smash Bros

"Sakurai's Response" was 2/3

He and his friend then went onto this forum and tried to convince everyone it was real...blah blah blah. It was one of the first "Leaks". It was a dry season in Smash news, since this was before E3 and people were kind of desperate for Smash news so it went on longer and was speculated more than it should have been before we figured out it was fake.

The two of them admitted it and mocked the forum because they had "fooled us all"
That guy with the Yoshi avatar was behind the Geno/Isaac/Professor Layton leak? o_o; Would you mind showing me proof? I believe you, you've just piqued my curiosity in a big way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"2 out of 3" rumor
Shortly after the release of Kid Icarus Uprising, a multitude of screencaps appeared on All is Brawl, showing a conversation on social site Twitter between Sakurai's official account and a Canadian fan.[3] The conversation began with the fan asking for Geno from Super Mario RPG, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Mega Man from his eponymous series to appear. Sakurai's response was "2 out of 3", which the blog author claimed gave credence to the possibility of two of the three aforementioned characters appearing. However, the author also claimed that the Tweet in question from Sakurai was deleted only half an hour after being posted.

The rumor was proven false almost immediately; images showed that in both Sakurai's real Twitter feed (where the Tweet did not appear) and the image showing Sakurai's feed with the "2 out of 3" Tweet both had a Tweet count of 8807. The plausibility of the situation of Sakurai revealing very notable information, then immediately retracting it, was also doubted.

• The original Tweet in question; loosely translated, it says "Be sure to include Geno from Super Mario RPG, Isaac from Golden Sun and Mega Man."

• Sakurai's reported response; loosely translated, it says "2 out of 3".

• Sakurai's supposed Twitter feed during the announcement...

• ...and after it had supposedly been deleted. Note how his number of Tweets remains stuck at 8807.
Edit: THIS is the supposed leak, no Layton involved.

I can't find proof of Chief's involvement, but he was directly involved.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Wait, so where and when did the guy with the Yoshi avatar admit it was him that pulled off that hoax? Do you have a link to the post he made admitting everything? I want to see this now. :X

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
The Layton leak was about Prof. Layton entering a tournament and fighting a robotic boy, a tiny boxer and a possessed doll or something like that. I forgot why it was fake, but it got Mega Man and Little Mac lol. It was 2011 or something.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm sad I'm not on either list, been supporting Geno since '07. I didn't register until late but been following the boards for him, Ridley and K. Rool to join. Goes to show how that played out.

Top Bottom