• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gengar Confirmed for Pokken Tournament!

Which Pokken character do you want to play the most?

• Gengar

Votes: 178 34.8%
  • Machamp

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 52 10.2%
  • Suicune

Votes: 57 11.2%
  • Gardevoir

Votes: 56 11.0%
  • Lucario

Votes: 65 12.7%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 72 14.1%

• Total voters

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So from a roster standpoint, Gengar's reveal does a couple things. For one, this makes it a lot less likely that we'll see another special-based ghost or one that feels too similar to Gengar.. But if the roster is big enough, it doesn't rule out less conventional ghosts or especially physical-based ones, so the likes of Golurk, Trevenant, and Aegislash are still very much on the table.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Assuming the poll has all the characters currently revealed. Lucario is probably the one I'd play the most for many reasons, Pikachu would be second because I like going up against huge enemies, and Gengar would be 3rd because I love Trickery and "spoopy" things (But I like Haunter's appearance more than Gengar, Gengar looks so fat, and silly in the wrong way).

As for my personal wish list of
#1 Noivern - I'm hoping for Noivern to get in..... No bias or anything... nope. none at all. It will be my main no matter what it does. I don't think Pokemon will ever get a pokemon that I like more than Noivern.

#2 Zoroark Though, I'm hoping at least Zoroark will get in at least, since it is a rather popular pokemon. That will be my main if Noivern does not get in (assuming there's illusions and flashy attacks involved).

#3 Absol - If Zoroark isn't in then I'll be using Absol as a main if he gets in, though it's unlikely. He used to be my favorite pokemon until Noivern came in, as I love everything about Absol.

#4 Scyther - He was my favorite pokemon until Absol came in. Though if Scizor came in I wouldn't mind too much, just Scizor doesn't make me fanboy as much as Scyther. Afterall, I blame Scyther for being one of the main reasons why I like Scythes.

#5 Haxorus - will make it in too, but I don't think he has enough significance + popularity to make it in sadly. I just love everything about him.

I want Mewtwo and Charizard in after these 5, as these 5 and Lucario are my top 6 pokemon that I would want to play as in any game. Mewtwo and Charizard are already extremely popular by many fans.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
I think Farfetch'd or Marowak would be cool (swords!), weird movers like Meloetta, Hitmontop, or even Ludicolo, but the absolute ultimate would be Hawlucha. Holding out for Hawlucha.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
GENGAR HYPE

Also did they confirm anything for a release outside of Japan?
As far as I'm aware: no. Mostly because until they get an idea about how much it's liked in Japan and just generally how well received it is there... They won't decide till after all that comes in. So, sadly it could be a while before this goes anywhere else, let alone to the Wii U.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My wish list:

*Scolipede
*Mewtwo
*Greninja
*Jigglypuff
*Charizard
*Lopunny
*Golurk
*Vespiquen
*Steelix
*Rayquaza
*Galvantula

In that order.

SilentSpartan

Smash Cadet
NNID
QuietGreninja
3DS FC
4570-9370-4123
I'm hoping for Greninja, and Jolteon or Umbreon. If Greninja were in, that would be awesome. If Jolteon were in as well, my hype levels would be at max. Lopunny would be cool, too.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hoooo man when TheKingNappy saw this I'm sure he was pretty damn hype!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Its like this has something to do Super Smash. Oh Yea, it doesn't.
Oh, just give it up.

This is a Nintendo franchise, so talking about Nintendo news-much less news for Nintendo franchises that can have competitive scenes-is perfectly legit.

don't like it, stop reading the news and go to the forums.

Top Bottom