• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis. So who's going?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Genesis is in July and it's supposed to be the biggest tournament of the year. From what I hear, it has Canada and our friends from the eastern continents coming too. It's in Norcal (where I live, so I'll be there), and there are a lot of people from all around the U.S. going.

So I hear that most of Canada is going, so I was wondering if our DK representative from the north would be making it. And east coast is supposed to be going too, so i was wondering if our DK rep for the east was going. Haha, if they are, DK challenge? haha. Anyways, I wanna see what DK players will be attending. If you are planning on attending, say so here so that we can see who's going and what kind of DK representation we'll have at this tournament.

Btw, here's the link to the thread....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I might just skip presents for my birthday this year so I can go... plane tickets are very expensive. I'd love to go though, if any other DK players go we need to do some dittos. Or team, because Double DK is BEASTLY in teams. trufax, tested w/ darkrain. almost won with absolutely no prior team experience and with my dk sucking at the time.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
You're not low tier anymore. That status has been revoked, you're not special anymore.
lol, yeah...he's right. But hey, we should feel proud, the DK community did enough to make itself heard and moved DK up a few notches. DK for high tier? hahaha, Not anytime soon. lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^

Because good people DI, haha.

-----

This sounds interesting, I'll definitely try to plan out a trip ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
go with m2k and force him to use DK throughout the tourney

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that would be HILARIOUS. just out of ****ing nowhere "dk go!" and everyone gets *****. the sbr would put DK up 4 slots because they're too dumb to realize that m2k is just too good.
he might stick as marth though because marth's advantage over fox is greater than DK's advantage. :(

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Mexican vs. PKM Vodka mm? <3
I could ask if he's going.
lol, i suck *** in DK dittos. I've lost to Dk's of people who don't even use DK at all, what chance do you think i stand against one of the best? haha. Well...i guess i could do it just for fun, but it'd be for a small amount...like less than $5. lol.

Oh, and Ripple, Nj hit it right on the head. That roy sucked and had no D.I. whatsoever. Try that on sethlon. lol. I could barely even combo sethlon. His DI even with roy is pretty good.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK challenge? lol. Much better than the Bowser challenge. That'd be cool, Me, bum and pkm against some poor soul. Of course...one grab would equal death.

Random fact about DK #16, when playing teams with friendly fire off, when your opponent is grabbed, DK can do his down b and they will get hit with every hit and they can't escape. This lets DK rack up damage from a grab faster than anyone else. 1 grab and 2 DK's doing their down b? lol. Goodnight =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you time the down-b's and the grabbing DK's jabs correctly, you can get a DK wobble going.

i will take that challenge and win. WITH DK. and it will be good. i call blue team

umm i think by Genesis my DK will be really good, so far i've been improving pretty rapidly.

Geist

Smash Master
DK challenge? lol. Much better than the Bowser challenge. That'd be cool, Me, bum and pkm against some poor soul. Of course...one grab would equal death.
omg let that be me please xD
pkm isn't listed as confirmed for genesis, but I heard Kage is going with raynex and other canadians, so pkm should be going.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Random fact about DK #72: In tiny melee, when DK is carrying a barrel, he's the fastest running character, yes, even faster than captain falcon. When they were making the game, they forgot to change his run speed when he was tiny and carrying a barrel, so he has the run speed with a barrel that he does when he's regular sized. lol

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Random fact about DK #72: In tiny melee, when DK is carrying a barrel, he's the fastest running character, yes, even faster than captain falcon. When they were making the game, they forgot to change his run speed when he was tiny and carrying a barrel, so he has the run speed with a barrel that he does when he's regular sized. lol
lol thats freaking sick.

also, pkm came over this weekend and we played. He a left a few hours ago. His DK is too good.

I think he's going to Genesis too.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
Random fact about DK #16, when playing teams with friendly fire off, when your opponent is grabbed, DK can do his down b and they will get hit with every hit and they can't escape. This lets DK rack up damage from a grab faster than anyone else. 1 grab and 2 DK's doing their down b? lol. Goodnight =)
that can be spaced so it doesnt hit the teammate actually, ive seen it happen in a punch crew free for all way back in the day

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I will personally sponsor KFC in a money match against any DK going to Genesis. ANY DK, so if you're interested and going to genesis, let me know

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
So, any changes? Anyone else going to Genesis besides me? lol (that mains dk i mean). Any word on pkm or bum? As far as the pre reg list goes, i only see 2 dk players registered, myself and strongbad, and strongbad said he's probably not going....So...you guys aren't going to leave me by myself are you?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I could ask PKM for you, if you're curious.

EDIT:
pkmvodka
Posted 4/9/2009 5:16:09 PM
I don't play dk anymore.

and i'm going.

link2luke

Smash Rookie
Im gonna try to go to genesis. I just switched from maining sheik to maining DK, but my friend is training me, and i should be doing all right with him by then. Right now, im not quite as good as all of you guys. Cant wait to play some more awesome players

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I will personally sponsor KFC in a money match against any DK going to Genesis. ANY DK, so if you're interested and going to genesis, let me know
I'm going to genesis, and I'll take that bet

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Im tryin my hardest to go to genesis, and if I go, I wanna see a mini DK crew battle, EC vs WC. get hype.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
20 stock. 5v5. EC uses Blue tie colored DK, WC uses Red tie colored DK. standard crew battle rules apply.
Ummm...what WC DK players are you talking about?...It's just me over here. lol. There sure as hell aren't going to be 10 DK players there. As it is, we'll be lucky to get 4-5. Bum plays brawl now from what i hear, and pkmvodka doesn't even use DK anymore. I'm betting that he probably went back to using captain falcon since he used to main him

***edit- Oh yeah..and DK dittos are just stupid. I'm not going to be playing a bunch of DK dittos. I'd like to avoid them altogether if i could

Top Bottom