• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Sonic Attendance

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Unfortunately I don't think I can make it to WHOBO 3 or Pound V in time, since my surgery's on January 4th and by the time I recover they'll have likely passed.

But I'm making my American return at Genesis 2; that's the one event that I will be doing everything within my power to attend. I think I've got what it takes to shine this time after all that I've learned from. All the people that I've faced...

What I want to know is who shows interest in going to Genesis 2, or is otherwise, confirmed to go? My attempt to go rides on how well I recover. I want to know which Sonic players will be there so I can show them what I'm really made of.

SO I RECOVERED JUST FINE, WENT TO WHOBO 3, KICKED SOME ***, AND WANNA DO IT AGAIN AT GENESIS 2. WHO THE **** ELSE IS GOING?!?!

List of Sonic Mains for Genesis 2

• Kuraudo
• Browny
• __X__

--

If this thread ends up dying out later, please don't lock this. I will simply revive it when we get closer to the date when it's even more relevant. So! Whose getting ready? We can all chill at the Smash Hotel and make plans as well. /will update list as needed

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hahah, understandable. ... WIN SOME MONEY FROM WHOBO 3 AND HOBO MONTHLIES. You can do eet.

Otherwise I wait before a trip to Texas/wherever you'll go happens.

SonicKing

Smash Rookie
I think i will try and make it, but I couldn't tell you I have to get the money up and hopefully nothing happens in the mean time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Is there anyway we could create some sort of donation situation so that Espy can go to poundV? if so, how you I go about setting that up?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I already did that dammit! :mad:

And yes, hopefully I can go. Mother can't really force me to go to Europe anymore now that I'm my own adult, so hopefully me and Jerry can carpool there or something when the day comes.

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
Gee I wish I dont ever get forced to be dragged along an international cruise. How terrible.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*Stomp.*

*Hmph.*

If it makes you feel any better, if I had any one person that could've taken my spot, I would've let them. It's my mother that has the interest of touring the world, not me. :/ I rather spend that money on other things, especially considering I can see and learn anything and everything I want or need to know about culture through the internet.

I'm not going anywhere outside of the continental U.S. except to Japan and anywhere else that requires my business.... or just for leisure when/if I do find the interest. Wouldn't mind seeing Hawaii and Alaska/any other arctic climate.

... I can see myself taking a cruise around Antarctica. It's lovely when it's not 6 months of darkness.

But that's off-topic. Cloud, lemme ask you something. Did you play any friendlies at hotels? How easy was it to find some playmates? I don't wanna road-trip just to lose.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd love to visit a place that was covered in darkness for 6 months at a time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
To recall what I did at the Smash Hotel for the first Genesis...

I went room to room to room to room with everybody I could meet and played Brawl/64/Melee with everyone and anyone (and discovered Melty Blood when I recognized Arcueid). The entire place was run by the Smash community with no real restraints on curfew/complaints from others.

To further recall,

I had a money match with Ally (without knowing what he looked like lol, $1 well spent), fought Praxis and Vex Kasrani (victory!), hung out with a lot of the guys from Texas like Hylian, Dojo and the like; speaking of Dojo, took him on and while losing I got him to last stock fair percent. You get the idea!

FYI, none of that means jack squat because that was mid-2009. lol

It'll be well worth it for the hotel experience AND the tourney experience too.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I'd love to come and hang, but there are cauldrons to smelt in and swords to make.
------------------------------------------------
Nah but really, I'm gonna try to get to genesis because sonics in the western half of the united states rarely come to EC and i'd like to hang with em. But I'm like 5 years old so it's probably not happening lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I don't tell him myself, pass the word on to X.

So far (Speed is looking likely), it's gonna be a 3-way race to see who makes it to the top. Myself, Speed, and X. It's on to see who can be the top placing Sonic.

I'll be ready.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
B****es don't even know about the Sin-city Sonics. >:p

Group picture though? Oh Hell yes. Bring your Sonic gear with you as well.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm 100% confirmed for this as well, been to NorCal once before and would like to go back again xD

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sonic Room. Come one and come all. I will have a laptop and dazzle set-up for plenty of recordings we could possibly want. Everyone come to the Smash Hotel! This is going to be amazing.

Let's see... I'll update the list.

• Kuraudo
• Kinzer
• Bionic
• X
• Speed
• TwicH

Sounds good to me. Anyone I'm missing? Let's leave an impact nobody will forget! ...except you, Bio. You're using other chars now, right? lmao I'll have a shiny Metal Sonic hack on mah Wii for yoooou.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I might pick up Sonic again for the Smash Hotel... lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My textures on my Wii for Sonic are,

Default - Default
Red - Metal Sonic
Green - Scourge
Yellow - Super Sonic
Black - Shadow

Shadow's the only one whose vertexed. I don't think that's acceptable in competitive play probably because I heard that the FAir hitbox changes due to the curl of the spikes. But...still it's pretty awesome. Also, play Dedede. There's one where he looks like Hazama. LOL

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
If you want, I can send you a vertexed super sonic and vertexed shadow, neither of which desync on wifi or have changed hitboxes. It was just a slight change of the angle of his spines and the hitbox got fixed. It looks the same as the other ones.
And yes, I've seen that d3. Someone also must get at my captain shishigami.

STAY JEALOUS.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If you want, I can send you a vertexed super sonic and vertexed shadow, neither of which desync on wifi or have changed hitboxes. It was just a slight change of the angle of his spines and the hitbox got fixed. It looks the same as the other ones.
And yes, I've seen that d3. Someone also must get at my captain shishigami.

STAY JEALOUS.
Nice Captain Shishigami. Hopefully the Shadow I have right now isn't one of those desync/hitbox changed ones. It's the realistic Shadow one I got from Brawlvault that's supposed to be Next-Gen. That one is freaking amazing in-game. Best Shadow ever. Still gotta see if there's a good perfect Super Sonic one that doesn't have changed FAir hitboxers either. Or hurtboxes.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am officially going to Genesis 2. I just gotta buy my tickets. The time's been booked off from work too, so huzzah. Head count of Sonics. Whose going?

Top Bottom