• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Generic Zelda Chars for Brawl

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of chars like Zoras and Gorons in SSBB. That'd be awsome, I mean they already have an idea of the moves form majoras mask, they have been major chars in all the Zelda games, and if they don't get to be seperate chars they could have link turn into one of them like in majoras mask.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ IMO, generic characters with original movestes >>> clones. That being said, the only generic character I'd like to see in Brawl is Dry Bones.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
No genetic characters! All robots for Brawl!

Seriously, though, I think it could be done. Look at it this way.

There's a Goron patriarch in nearly every game. They usually have very similar personalities and the name is usually very close too (Darunia, Darmani, Darbus).

Zora queens/princesses share the "Rut-" part of their name in some cases (Ruto, Rutela)

Now I'm not saying this is a good idea. Roster space is better off going to truly unique characters. Movesets for the Gorons and Zoras could be cool, but I just don't see it happening.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why not just have the characters that the masks from Majora's Mask turn you into? I forgot their names in the game, but there's enough things that each one does to give them a moveset, such as these:

Deku:
up-b: Shoots up into the air with flower in each hand, similar to Peach's up b
side-b: Spins in circle, similar to Ice climbers's side b.
down-b: Throws Deku nuts, similar to Peach's down b.
neutral b: Charges bubble, similar to Samus's neutral b.

Goron:
up-b: Spins in air, similar to DK's up b.
side-b: Becomes a spiky ball, rolls at enemy, similar to Yoshi's side b.
down-b: Drops on enemy, similar to Bowser's down-b.
neutral b: charges punch, similar to DK...

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Boo.

Why do people want to fill spots with generic characters, when there are franchise leaders who are not accounted for?

Seriously...if you want to play as a Goron, or Zora, play Majora's Mask. Or, petition Sakurai to re-invent Young Link with the ability to use the masks from Majora's Mask to undergo a Sheik-style transformation.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Still, don't you think a game about ALL-STAR CHARACTERS that has genetic characters as prime players is a bit odd? It defeats the whole purpose.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
A Gerudo from Ocarina of Time would be cool. Either weapon would be cool. There are the Gerudo guards who carry those twin sabres, and those that walk around with Nagi-natas (weapons like a staff with a curved, sabre-like blade on the end). Smash has never had characters with long, two handed weapons, or with twin weapons in general, so either weapon set would be cool.

Tera253

Smash Ace
no generics from anywhere. unless pokemon count? (there are these two...)
but no. Vaati FTW.
~Tera253~

Zodiac

Smash Master
What do you think of chars like Zoras and Gorons in SSBB. That'd be awsome, I mean they already have an idea of the moves form majoras mask, they have been major chars in all the Zelda games, and if they don't get to be seperate chars they could have link turn into one of them like in majoras mask.
Its just not a good idea to have generic characters in there. The koopa trooper from the original Mario kart got cut in the transfer to 64 mariokart. Shikashi. If They were put in Miaku(the Zora warrior link turns into) that'd be understandable. and probablly pretty cool, however unlikely. I dont think they would put in Darmani though, now if any of the masks are making it in, its Oni Link. we all know it.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
A Gerudo from Ocarina of Time would be cool. Either weapon would be cool. There are the Gerudo guards who carry those twin sabres, and those that walk around with Nagi-natas (weapons like a staff with a curved, sabre-like blade on the end). Smash has never had characters with long, two handed weapons, or with twin weapons in general, so either weapon set would be cool.
If Krystal from Star Fox is added, she can use her staff, which is a two-handed weapon. And Pit from Kid Icarus has already been displayed as wielding two daggers, which provides you with the twin weapon.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Boo.

Why do people want to fill spots with generic characters, when there are franchise leaders who are not accounted for?

Seriously...if you want to play as a Goron, or Zora, play Majora's Mask. Or, petition Sakurai to re-invent Young Link with the ability to use the masks from Majora's Mask to undergo a Sheik-style transformation.
Well at least we agree on this issue... :laugh:

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
WW Link instead of masks...It would be so much cooler to see him than any other mask related character from Majora's Mask! And if they decide to add something concerning the masks they would probably be transformations like Sheik/Zelda .

Fawriel

Smash Master
While we're at it, how about we add that one human sailor guy in the bar in Wind Waker, you know, the one who stands there over there and he tells you something and stuff. He has muscles. Perfect Brawl material!

Top Bottom