• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
There are too many great mario games out there, so for me it is hard to choose just won favorite.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
To anyone who cares, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World was probably the first game that I had ever played. I still remember how my brother played it with the controller upside-down. He actually beat all the games, with the exception of Lost Levels for very obvious reasons, with the controller upside-down. Weird as hell. I also remember how I was all LOL when I saw the enemies after beating the special world in Super Mario World. I also always used to get out of the crib when I was very young, early in the morning (sometimes opening it normally, sometimes just straight-up climbing out and just dropping to the floor) just to play SMAS+SMW, usually Mario 3, while everyone was still asleep. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, I would play some other game, but **** that.

That amazing collection will always, ALWAYS have a special place in my heart for as long as I live.

I also remember when I beat the last Bowser in Super Mario 64 in front of my friends. I used to call him Rainbow Bowser. He looked rainbow-ish to me. I also let some of my friends play SM64 as their first video game. Wow.

I still haven't beaten Sunshine 100% after all these years. Those damn blue coins.

I remember calling one of my brothers to come to my room and look at the New Super Mario Bros. commercial as if it was an emergency.

I remember getting Galaxy as a Christmas present. The game just looked sexy, and I remember watching my bro play it for the first time late at night.

When I saw Galaxy 2 was the highest-rated game on Gamerankings, and how it had a 98 on Metacritic, I pooped.

3D Land is gonna be Game of the Year.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
A new SMS would be even better. The GC was one of my favourite consoles so seeing new games for old series like Luigi's mansion on the 3DS would be awesome (ex. F-Zero or Pikmin).

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure I played the Gamecube mainly for Mario games. My current GC collections consists of Mario games for the most part. Melee and Wind Waker are there too and I would add Pikmin or Fire Emblem but I can't find them. :(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I am a proud Mario fanboy.
I got goosebumps all throughout that video.
I am speechless at how well that was done.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
OOoo thanks for posting that video Sonic, that definitely was phenomenal and well done. Can't believe it's been 30 years, wow.

Hi Tery, welcome back :p

UberMario

Smash Master
Best. Youtube Video. EVER.

I was surprised that they even used music from Mario Party 3!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I want that Mario 3 song so badly.
Judging by the length of the video, and the way the songs are remixed, I'm guessing Hapi made it. And going off his record with his Pokemon and Kirby medleys of similar length, he just makes one full song and doesn't make the pieces with the intent of making them individually, unless the song is needed for another album; his GSC credits remix was in his Pokemon medley, and was used later in the Golden Sun/Silver Moon album.

tl;dr unless he needs use of them again, Hapi doesn't make individual songs, assuming he made this medley in the first place.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The guy had an mp3 of the entire medley on hand. All it's 42 MB glory.

I can pretty much figure out all the songs on the medley, except for like three. The ones that play at 14:10, at 16:14, and at 16:26. Anyone want to fill me in on the identities of those songs?

UberMario

Smash Master
The guy had an mp3 of the entire medley on hand. All it's 42 MB glory.

I can pretty much figure out all the songs on the medley, except for like three. The ones that play at 14:10, at 16:14, and at 16:26. Anyone want to fill me in on the identities of those songs?
14:10 is a remix of the Final Battle theme in Super Mario Galaxy, 16:26 is the Ending Theme from Super Mario 64 and 16:14 is, in fact, the ending section for the same song, played as an introduction (skip to 0:56 in the SM64 link).

Would anyone like me to make a list of every song in the medley?

UberMario

Smash Master
Haha
yeah, that would be awesome UM :)
Alright, I'll get to it then.

0:00-0:06 This is the only one that I don't recognize. It might just be jumbled notes, but if someone recognizes it, please tell me!
0:06-0:48 An electronic mix of the Super Mario Bros. theme.
0:48-1:10 The Birabuto Kingdom theme from Super Mario Land.
1:10-1:40 The Super Mario World Overworld Theme.
1:40-2:15 Super Mario Bros. 3's Athletic Theme.
2:16-3:00 Super Mario Bros. 2's Overworld Theme.
3:00-3:27 A Drum 'n Bass mix of the iconic SMB Underground Theme.
3:27-3:38 The Opening Theme for Donkey Kong.
3:38-3:45 One of the themes that plays at the beginning of a level in Donkey Kong.
3:45-3:57 The Title Theme from Mario Bros.
3:57-4:02 Mario Bros.' Game Start! theme.
4:02-4:37 Super Mario Land 2's Overworld Theme. (The high-pitched chiptune melody that you hear in between the Mario Bros. theme and the SML2 theme is the sound effect that plays when you select a level in SML2.)
4:37-5:18 Dr. Mario's Fever theme, which imitates the Melee variant 5:06. (The fanfare at 5:06 and 5:11 is also from Dr. Mario, but I can't find a video of it online . . . . . )
5:18-5:43 The Star theme. More specifically, the remix used for Metal Mario, followed by the Koopa kicking sounds from SMW, the 1-up fanfare, and then the Wing Cap mix.
5:43-6:14 Super Mario 64's Slide Theme.
6:14-6:48 Mario Kart Wii's Circuit Theme. (By the way, if you want to know where that anime-style clip at 6:15 is from a Super Mario Kart Japanese commercial, while the one at 6:23 is a Japanese commercial for Mario Kart 64.)
6:48-7:22 "Let's get a move on!" from Mario Party 3.
7:22-7:45 The Main Theme for Mario Golf 64.
7:45-8:07 The Title Theme for Mario Power Tennis.
8:07-8:40 The Delfino Plaza theme from Super Mario Sunshine.
8:40-9:00 New Super Mario Bros' Overworld Theme.
9:00-9:44 Super Mario Galaxy's theme.
9:44-10:22 "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
10:22-10:40 The Normal Battle theme from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
10:40-10:57 Paper Mario's Normal Battle theme.
10:57-11:31 "We Believe in you, Mario!" from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
11:31-12:04 The Yoshi's Island theme.
12:04-12:30 The recurring theme from Luigi's Mansion.
12:30-12:48 Ashley's Theme from Warioware: Touched!
12:48-13:20 The Super Mario Bros 3. Airship Theme.
13:20-13:33 Super Mario RPG's Armed Boss theme.
13:33-13:45 The theme played during the first phase of the Smithy battle in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
13:45-14:10 Bowser's Road from Super Mario 64.
14:10-15:03 The final battle theme from Super Mario Galaxy.
15:12-15:20 The Castle Clear theme from Super Mario Bros.
15:20-15:52 Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road theme.
15:52-16:14 The credits theme from Super Mario World.
16:14-16:54 Super Mario 64's credits theme. If you don't recognize the beginning, you can hear it at 0:56 in the original.
16:54-17:25 The main theme for Super Mario Galaxy, but based off the SMG2 version.
17:25-17:40 The credits theme from Super Mario Galaxy.
17:46-18:02 The theme that plays when you save Princess Peach in the games.
18:02-18:10 The Game Over theme from Super Mario Bros.

I can't imagine how long it took to figure out how to order these songs by the arranger.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
May want to make a note that at 18:02, the tune is actually a different one from the one before. It's the Game Over theme from Super Mario Bros.

A rather fitting closing song for this packed medley, imo.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Going through the medley for like the umpteenth time, I can say brazenly that I am totally in love with the Fever remix, the M&L remix, both Paper Mario remixes, and the Super Mario World Ending credits remix.

If these songs were individualized and made into full-fledged 3 minute remixes I would die a happy man.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
How many people here would be interested in a Tetris Friends tournament? It's free to play and lots of fun.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
After discussion in the Senate about the purpose, use (and abuse) of social threads and the negative effect of creating one big thread vs activity in multiple threads, we have decide to close this social thread indefinably. We ask that if you wish to comment on this, please do so in Forum Support, and not by making a thread about it in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom