• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Reminder: Sober Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wing zrow

Smash Lord
It looks to me that you guys are missing the entire reason the game was made. To have fun. I see allot of you arguing about tiers, match ups, advanced techniques etc. It might not be my place to say this but take the game at face value for t least a few weeks. Just a simple reminder, remember to have fun with the game. Maybe in a few months you can start arguing about all the technical parts of the game, but when you first get it, get a few friends over, open a bag of nachos and microwave some cheese dip, and just have some stupid fun with the game.

That's what the game was made for after all and it pains me to see people taking the game so seriously before it's even out ( lookin at you importers )

:p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't it be fun to play the game NOT sober?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno, I think people actually have FUN coming up with tier lists. I have fun looking at people's predictions if they arent completely stupid.

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, "Fun" is subjective.

wing zrow

Smash Lord
Sober up as in wake up and get off your high horses and enjoy the game for what it is, a party game to have fun with. Yes, competitive play and tiers are part of the fun but don't miss the big picture guys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sober up as in wake up and get off your high horses and enjoy the game for what it is, a party game to have fun with. Yes, competitive play and tiers are part of the fun but don't miss the big picture guys.
...I never sober up during a party...

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
this is true....I use Wavedashing occasionally in Melee, but I would be a lot happier if stuff like that wasnt around *awaits flamers*
I get the Tier list (best characters) but people arguing over that stuff now seems to be ridicilious

Just my opinion

wing zrow

Smash Lord
this is true....I use Wavedashing occasionally in Melee, but I would be a lot happier if stuff like that wasn't around
agreed, I'm glad that there's a minimal amount of exploits so far. They had way more time and resources on this game so it should be much more balanced than melee ever was. And that game was incredibly balanced unless you went out of your way to abuse things. I'm sure brawl will have tricks found to break the game eventually but until then let's just have some fun with it ^_^

ncstate21

Smash Cadet
lol...people on this board...but really. Have fun playing the game, no need to get all bunched up about it.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, who needs alcohol when you've got alco-BRAWL!

Yeah my friend told me that one...I can't take credit.
lol, here's a bad brawl pun thread for ya http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148364

yeah looking forward to enjoyin brawl with my friends when i first get it.
but later i'm positivly sure it will get more competive later on. i'm sure some
poeple feel like they'll be falling behind if they don't practice sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom