• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen V Project: "Best Movesets" Discussion *SPOILERS*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going through every pokemon now and writing notes on any good ones I see.

Notes include name, number, description for me (cause I don't know them all by name yet), type, base stats, ability to use, and notes.

Reparudasu
Dark Leopard Pokemon
Dark
64 88 50 88 50 106
Michievous Heart Ability - Non attacking moves have priority
This pokemon can't take hits well at all but has a decent speed stat with average offenses. The key to using it is to take advantage of it's M. Heart ability. Look into strategies utilizing a first turn psych up, substitute, and taunt. Can work well with teammates in doubles.

Hiyakki
Stupid Water Monkey Pokemon
Water
75 98 63 98 63 101
Torrent Ability - 1.5x water power when HP is below 1/3
This thing is frail so be wary. Fortunately it's only weak to grass and electric and you're not going to see many choice scarf grass users to outspeed it's above average 101 speed stat. What's to note here is a decent movepool with access to Surf/Boiling Water as your STAB (would more likely go with Surf), with Ice Beam and Grass Knot on backup. Ice Beam and Grass Knot are super effective on every type that resists water making sure you always do good damage. Hiyakki also has physical potential to take down special walls. Up to the user to opt for a physical move or go with a status/stat move. Brick Break is a decent option to deal with Blissey.

going through one by one, these are the first 2 noteable I've seen thus far. I'm surprised at Hiyakki actually, previously thinking these ******** monkeys were useless

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yeah they're mixed but they're also pretty weak. Basically they're like a slower, frailer Infernape without fighting stab. I wouldn't see a real reason to use them even though they're pretty cool.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
anyone else think that the new fighting type guy with 140 attack has potential. This guy http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/534.shtml. I mean his move-pool seems solid, he gets superpower or hammer arm or even focus punch if u are into that kinda thing. he also has stone edge, rock slide or knock down which might not be useful but idk right now, he also gets EQ and bulk up. He has decent phys bulk but low speed and low spc defense.
For double or triple battles he gets wide guard

His ability's are guts, encourage, and dream world iron fist.

his stats are HP:105, attack:140, def:95, spcA:55, SpcD:65, Speed:45

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can't view the link (I'm at school) but if that's Nageki / Dageki they'll see some use, but I really think low Speed and poor Sp. Def. is really going to hurt it.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Roopushin=A more offensive Hariyama. Slow but definitely useable with its defensive stats. I could see it competing for usage with Machamp actually, just because the only reason Machamp is used is because of Dynamicpunch.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Roopushin actually gets Mach Punch, too. Perhaps it could end up as an anti-lead or something. The 'see whole party thing' can be turned off, right?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That's the thing PowerBomb. We don't know ye-

Wait a second I've got an idea.

Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have some good info...

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace

Maggyo @ Brightpowder
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Sand Veil
-Muddy Water
-Pain Split/Sub
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt

Its so derp it makes you herp

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
jesus christ that set is awful

Erufuun @ Leftovers
176 def/80 spdef/252 spe
jolly / mischievous heart

u-turn
substitute
leech seed
encore

Best set.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
muddy water only has a 30% chance of lowering accuracy 1 stage

if it were mud slap i'd almost understand.

even with sand veil it just works like a weaker froslass in hail, which is arguably more damaging

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Because it needs something to hit Ground pokemon since it can't paralyze them.
Its bulk is equal to Swampert, though its typing is a bit worse, its made up for by its HAX and recovery.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Its typing is a LOT worse than pert.

It has the bulk and Sand Veil, but it really does not have much else going for it. Non-stab muddy water is not going to do that much to things, and it takes too much damage from water/grass/ice/ground moves and he doesn't have a real way to hit dragons either. flygon/gliscor/etc. switch in all day on him and muddy water does pitiful damage vs. grounds that are neutral to it, including stuff like torterra.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If I could playtest stuff I'd write up some stuff on Warbiaru and Derpmon because they're Pokemon which seem extremely appealing and useful. :3

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If I could playtest stuff I'd write up some stuff on Warbiaru and Derpmon because they're Pokemon which seem extremely appealing and useful. :3
Warubiaru doesn't even get Swords Dance ._.
I wish it got Dragon Dance... it would be so awesome if it did... ****ing gangster mon gets it.

Warubiaro @ Life Orb
Jolly / Overconfidence
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Speed
~Earthquake
~Crunch/Trickery
~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
~Bulk Up/Claw Sharpen

Something like that? I think his Speed out-speeds positive base 90s, not too sure though. I just wish it could learn Dragon Dance or even Swords Dance.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
just going to say the steel grass guy will be pretty dam good

also want to say today i added up forretress's and the grass steel guys total base stats and i am shocked to find them both under 500

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
just going to say the steel grass guy will be pretty dam good

also want to say today i added up forretress's and the grass steel guys total base stats and i am shocked to find them both under 500
You DO realize that BST only matters so much, right?

A lot of things with BSTs in the mid-high 500s and even 600s aren't even OU, while something like Smeargle (BST 250) IS OU.

Sure, MOST good Pokemon have a BST of ~520, but yeah, good stats where you need 'em, a good movepool and typing makes it, which Forry and such have.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
That team is meant to take advantage of Flash Fire (Scarfed?) Shandera.

Hence the glaring Fire weakness.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You DO realize that BST only matters so much, right?

A lot of things with BSTs in the mid-high 500s and even 600s aren't even OU, while something like Smeargle (BST 250) IS OU.

Sure, MOST good Pokemon have a BST of ~520, but yeah, good stats where you need 'em, a good movepool and typing makes it, which Forry and such have.
yea i know that, but most in ou are 500 or over. All i was saying is i never looked at forretress before and was shocked to see how low it was, and u can tell i knew that a low bst did not mean much b/c i still stated that the grass/steel guy could be real good.

The three most important things are type,move-pool, and stat distribution.

Although i do feel that if a pokemon has under 500 BST in ou they often have a gimmick such as smeargale with sketch, breloom with spore, ninjask speed boost, and skarmory and forretree are both good steel typing with defense (i know the last two are not really gimmicks just tanks)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
breloom isn't OU just because of spore

it's OU because of poison heal, a 130 base attack, a good STAB in fighting, resists the edgequake combo, AND spore

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
when a pokemon is ou for only one set it's a gimmick pokemon

gimmicks are good, but not when it's the only reason it's OU

mood4food77

Smash Hero
aero was an effective lead in 4th gen, so was roserade

mischievous heart pretty much ***** them though

choice scarf ditto anyone?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so if breloom did not have spore would he still be ou? i dont think so b/c he would be to fragile to set up with unless u bring him in on a swampert. I love breloom and poison heal is great but without spore he is lacking.

Also gimmicks can have more then one set the thing is the gimmick has to be in all the sets like spore

edit: its not like being a gimmick poke is a bad thing it can make otherwise un-viable pokemon very good and useful

mood4food77

Smash Hero
how to use aerodactyl as a lead:
turn 1a: if opponent is slower and can set up rocks, taunt
turn 1b: set up rocks
turn 2: furiously attack until you die

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I used a CB aerodactyl as a lead once

it kinda just died most of the time

but there were moments where it was awesome and i just went "hell yeah i can't believe this worked"

Top Bottom