• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and Hrnut Present: House Brawl II: You Got Melee in My Brawl- 10/25/08

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This isnt apart of the brawl wars series. These tourneys are always in Orlando, and its about time for another ********* house tourney. The last one was so much fun...

Where?

Coconut Palms Apartments
4560 Middlebrook Road
Orlando, FL 32811

-When getting directions, its saved under 4618 middlebrook road, but thats just the building number of the main office. The building number of the tourney is 4560. Its the bottom left door of the 4 doors of the building. There should be a ********* sign of some sort on the door, or something else smash related.

If you get lost, call:
GDX - 863-934-2355

-Probably doing in order of: Brawl Doubles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles, Melee Singles.

Brawl Rules:

Double Elimination Brackets
3 stock
7 minute timer
All items off
Team Attack on
Life Stealing allowed
Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
Dave's Stupid Rule = Can't choose a stage you've won on in the set.

Stages:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion

Banned: Everything else

Stages subject to change

Melee Rules

- Double Elimination
- All matches are 2/3, Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5, Grand Finals also.
- Separate seeding can be requested if it is so desired.
- All matches are four stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock and percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokémon Stadium

Stages banned for Singles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Daves Stupid Rule Applies.

No Stalling Please! (Wallbomb, Rising Pound)
No SoulStunner/Freeze Glitch either!
Wobbling will be handled with the Gentlemen's Rule.

Gentlemen's Rule: Whether to ban the Wobble or not, is decided upon both players should one be using IC's before the set Begins. If the opponent does not want it, it is banned. If he agrees it can be used to 200% before it's considered stalling.

BYOC.

Fees:

Door Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10 dollars
Brawl Doubles: $10 dollars per person

-Sorry about the door fee. While me and hrnut dont want one, other gay roomates of hrnut wont let him do the tourney without a door fee.

Payouts:
Singles: 65/25/10
Doubles: 65/25/10

Setups/Attendance

Wiis/Cubes
1. ********* - Wii
2. ********* - Wii
3. ********* - Cube

TVs
1. *********
2. *********
3. *********

Attendance: (sure and maybe)

1. GDX
2. Hrnut
3. Acorn
4. Bustanut
5. RadiX/TTT
6. Rx-
7. hungrybox
8. Fenrir
9. h1roshi
10. C018
11. Garbanzo
12. WeeG
13. kyon
14. steveless
15. zoro
16. marin
17. sumo

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
okay i'll run it, i don't mind and there won't be ten thousand friendlies to deal with either, we're gonna start on time and try to end at like 6 or 8 no later than 8 hopefully

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
we'll TRY to do both but if we can't then we just can't brawl/melee doubles will be done first followed by brawl/melee singles. brawl goes first both times
so...brawl doubles, then melee doubles, then brawl singles, then melee singles? like, neither game will be played at the same time?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
would you like to do it at the same time??
now that i think about it. might not be best to do it at the same time, broham. This isnt exactly the biggest place.

We should have an estimated 4-5 TVs for the tourney itself though so it shouldn't take too long go to through them one by one. Is chris gonna be home cause it'd be great if we could put 1 TV back there for friendlies of whatever game isnt in the tourney at the time

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll go to this if Melee doubles is guaranteed to happen.
yea. we're doing brawl doubles first, then melee doubles, then brawl singles, then melee singles. The only thing not 100% guaranteed to happen is melee singles, depending on how long melee doubles and brawl doubles/singles take. but since im running brawl we should have time afterwards cause i run a tight ship :laugh:

that and i have alternate motives to finish brawl ASAP so hrnut can do melee singles, since i gotta be somewhere else in orlando saturday night

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
we r gonna need a new ****ing couch cause that green **** ****in stinks
we could just pour a pound of febreze on it, but you know who would sit there again and it'll smell like a sewer rat...lol, anyways we can still do a tourney i'll just make sure to sanitize the couch the morning of the tournament

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
maybe if you stopped eating burritos and farting a symphony in the couch, maybe it wouldnt be to stank :laugh:

Finch

Smash Lord
Tournaments held in people's apartments should not cost more than $5 per event or have a door fee. I would not pay as much as I pay at gigs to smash at someone's apartment with 10-15 other people. Just my opinion.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tournaments held in people's apartments should not cost more than $5 per event or have a door fee. I would not pay as much as I pay at gigs to smash at someone's apartment with 10-15 other people. Just my opinion.
i agree with you finchy boy.

just that nick's 1 roomate is gay about it and wont let us have a tourney unless theres a door fee. Doesnt help any that he's the one that pays most of the rent/bills to my knowledge, so pretty much what he says goes

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
hmmm.

I'm iffy at very best... probably not, if I'm realistic, but I'm definitely interested in another ORLY tournament.

I'll see what happens. : )

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hmmm.

I'm iffy at very best... probably not, if I'm realistic, but I'm definitely interested in another ORLY tournament.

I'll see what happens. : )

again, no choice in the matter. :laugh:

i hope peoples come out to this. i want a brawl tourney close to home. Keeping up the streak of not having to go 2 hours outside of orlando for a brawl tourney betweeen 10-18 and 11/22, which will probably be brawl gigs again

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
bumpity bump for the awesome house tourney that is going to happen in a few days. I hope everyone comes out, especially all of you that missed gigs.

and if you play halo 3, bring a controller. Im gonna buy the game today and ********* is gonna try to go MLG in halo 3 teams..which means I need all the practice i can get

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
cant wait to get halo 3 today..even though i may not have much time to play it, with videos to upload and Heroes to watch and all

unfortunately, on the tourney date, imma have to head out as soon as im done running brawl singles. My friends got a hotel room at a 5 star hotel in orlando and we gonna hang around there saturday night. The place is pretty pro. So ill have to get owned in halo 3 by you guys another day

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man, I wish this wasn't too soon, gots no moneez yet. D: (I did say I did, but I would probaly after a week)

Top Bottom