• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gdub Vids (7/16/09)

The Phenom

Smash Lord
You have wins against Falco.

My reason why you do:
That Falco player seemed a little aggressive, and with just decent mindgames, could you defeat him.

His Falco is good, it's just he was a little aggressive as I said; lacked mindgames, and was to fast for his own good. He needs to slow down a bit or he will just fall into mindgames/minigames.

Excellent Game and Watch though; you just need to light shield; somehow you didn't get punished by not light shielding lol!

Maybe you couldn't record good sets because of light shielding? I don't know.

edit: I'll critique some more later from these videos.

j00t

Smash Champion
I don't light shield. It is too hard! :p

You make it sound bad that I have wins against a Falco >_>;

Anyways, I'm going to get a set with everyone around this area, I just happened to get a set from him first. But you're right - He is overly aggressive :p

I'll probably upload a second set later from the best player in north AL... and hopefully not get destroyed >:[

Some things I do wrong in these vids:

For some reason I had a lot of trouble fast-falling my aerials. I'll admit that my controller isn't in the best shape, but I've never had such problems before. I'll also do random weird stuff out of grabs (like dthrow to turtle on the last vid - so bad lol)

Thanks for helping me out though. I guess I'll try to learn how to lightshield :p

yuki

Smash Apprentice
I mostly agree with The Phenom I will try and analyze these vids because thats probably why you put them up in the first place.

I think your first video showed this match-up in it's most favorable situation for GAW I like taking falco's to FoD because they cant use lasers as easily... Which is good. This falco wasnt as spammy as some others which was good. I think you really understand the matchup well you seemed quite confident in it. You do however sometimes roll which I strongly advise you not to because mindgames can do without and GaWs roll sux. I think you played best in the first match.

The second match just proved how gay falco can be to fight. Pokestadium allowed his aggresive style to work which got the best of you. It seemed as if you were a little to eager in this match I like to slow it down in this matchup just duck under the lasers and run away using platforms. Aggresive falco's get into a rythm and the sooner you break it the better.
The last match you played consistantly and you won convincingly. I like the way your game and watch moves around (except for the rolling but that was minimal). I think you are quite good with game and watch^^.

keep it up please.=]

j00t

Smash Champion
Thanks yuki for your comments.

I roll out of habit, it is something I need to stop doing randomly. I need to learn how to control it :p

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Thanks yuki for your comments.

I roll out of habit, it is something I need to stop doing randomly. I need to learn how to control it :p
I know exactly what you mean I had a really hard time getting out of that habit. Must be harder since with capfal it sometimes is a better idea than to WD.
You just gotta practice out of it I guess.
O btw your capfal is pretty sexy but he has too many dimmensions for my taste

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Have you read the easy way to light shield?

If you haven't, this is what you do. You press down the L or R button; which ever you prefer, 1/4 of how far down you can press(you are estimating a perfect light shield; long duration of shield and that it is big. Then you unplug the controller while still pressing down 1/4 of the way; I recommend you press it down 1.5/4 of all it could go down and not 1/4. And plug it in. Now you have a Perfect Light shield for the L or R button. You should only do this for one button. The other should be the heavy shield since heavy shields have less lag then light shields when strucken and allows for easier/better chancing for grabs than light shielding grabs because of it's size; just DI the heavy shield when you need to.
-People who host tournies/big tournies approve this BTW.

Perfect Light shielding is achieved before hearing the click of the springs in either L or R button.

My control is ancient and I love it's shape lol. and also lols at me making it sound bad when you win =D . Didn't mean it that way, you know that.

j00t

Smash Champion
I don't like doing that... I know it can be done but I kinda view it as unfair.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
when I asked if that lightshielding technique should be tourney legal once I discovered it, I posted it in the melee general forums. Cactuar posted there he pushes his shield button all the way so that he does not lightshield by accident. Other people use similar techniques to this already, so there is nothing unfair to this.

And I will hopefully have a video of this soon... why do my parents take my computer to camping and forget it there for two weeks? *sigh*...

j00t

Smash Champion
After testing it I can say that I love it :p

It's so easy to do

...but I probably still won't use it

j00t

Smash Champion
yeah, it was pretty savage :p

thanks for the comment

Do you have any advice for my GnW?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Re-watched all the videos. I couldn't really find anything much. you use fair because it's fast and one of gnw's most reliable moves, you know how to deal with Falco pretty well. All I could really say is that hows the rest of the match ups for you?

Just asking JW2k6, but you do know there is a pattern for the sausages right? Of course this wouldn't be to smart to use on Falco because of it's lag vs. fast spamming lasers but it could be useful to know in other matches. I'm thinking that it's a requirement for all game and watches to know the patterns.
-So if you don't know this, this is what your missing in your Game and Watch =P .

j00t

Smash Champion
I know there's a pattern, I just don't like sausage much. I prefer bacon.

But really, I don't like using it, I see it as a terrible projectile.

One thing I noticed after rewatching this videos is that I will fair into my opponents shield... I'm too focused on the combos mangz :p

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I know there's a pattern, I just don't like sausage much. I prefer bacon.

But really, I don't like using it, I see it as a terrible projectile.

One thing I noticed after rewatching this videos is that I will fair into my opponents shield... I'm too focused on the combos mangz :p
LoLs!!! I like calling them bacon to! Nakamaru and I got into a heated argument on what are the projectiles GnW is hurling out. I said bacon while he said sausages =P . That's why he doesn't post here I think hahahahaha!!!

Well what ever works for you man.; it makes our GnWes different that way so I should embrace your decision not to use them =) .

and yeah, sometimes you did fair into shields but it wasn't to often to state it. Well I have my own sets of matches in my thread so if you could advice me on anything that would be nice. It's been a while since I've been critiqued you know ;)

j00t

Smash Champion
LoLs!!! I like calling them bacon to! Nakamaru and I got into a heated argument on what are the projectiles GnW is hurling out. I said bacon while he said sausages =P . That's why he doesn't post here I think hahahahaha!!!

Well what ever works for you man.; it makes our GnWes different that way so I should embrace your decision not to use them =) .

and yeah, sometimes you did fair into shields but it wasn't to often to state it. Well I have my own sets of matches in my thread so if you could advice me on anything that would be nice. It's been a while since I've been critiqued you know ;)
the only vids I see are vs. Jiggs, can't critique that much since you use the pan.

I would tell you not to use the pan but meh :p

QERB

Banned via Warnings
good videos lots of good combos there. you place your u-tilts well too.

I also like how you chaingrabbed with the f-throw and b-throw, not used to seeing that much. at higher %s I usually like to u-throw them onto platforms then tech chase with n-airs. which you did a few times i'm not saying u didn't.

No judgement combos though, you stuck to the n-air/f-air only mentality. still a solid mentality imo.

good stuff, perhaps we could upload a bunch of videos for every matchup that gw has (or as many as we can get) because idk if 56k is updating the gw vids anymore, haven't heard from him in a while.

For example i get alot of fox practice, maybe other ppl have more matchups against other chars. idk, just a thought.

j00t

Smash Champion
I didn't chaingrab with b-throw, it was d-throw only baybay. (Or maybe I did by mistake) :p

yeah I was playing super seriously, so no hammer combos :(

man I don't know why but I can't play as good as I did on Thursday. :/

oh well, maybe when tomorrow rolls around I'll be doing good again and get a set with someone else

Thanks for the comments ;)

The Phenom

Smash Lord
good stuff, perhaps we could upload a bunch of videos for every matchup that gw has (or as many as we can get) because idk if 56k is updating the gw vids anymore, haven't heard from him in a while.
lol I think he changed his SWF username. and his thread was updated like 6 months ago I think. He put some Dire videos in there; considering the metagame of the matches though they aren't recent matches, they weren't amazing or bad the least.

I'll be able to get some matches of some shieks and other match types tomorrow; I'm hosting a smeshfest tomorrow for these two smashers who are moving to Florida; they played against DSW/Linguini and others; luckies =P

I'm very fortunate to have 16 of my friends who are also smashers live so close to me(who are not involved in the smash community but are very good). There is a good number of variety of characters they use so I think I can manage a lot.

There is this Samus guy who lives like 2 minutes and a half away from me and his friend who mains Falco who lives like 14 minutes away. I just recently met the Samus player last week lol!; haven't met his friend however. Hes good but not great; got some recordings with him last week; vids. should be up soon(when I tell my friend to upload them).
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Top Bottom