• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDC 2008: Sakurai's Speech...delayed in a way

Fenris_Wolf

Smash Rookie
Best Case: DLC or Euro Relese date
Probably gonna be: Just technical stuff, interesting for those who like that stuff
Worst case: Delay...

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Nice to have the confirmation of at least 1 journalist attending...more likely than not more will now.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping to hear inside info, I love hearing 'bout how games were developed, it makes it hard to hate anything when you realize the struggles. It'd be nice if they mentioned if they ever actually planned on doing anyone after Sonic, perhaps things like "Why'd we have to give Sonic such simple changes" and "Why we made Wario special and gave him the classic outfit" and such, but I'm expecting simpler things.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
If Megaman is downloadable, I won't be downloading him unless he's practically forced on you.

If Megaman is ever playable in Brawl, I will make R.O.B. my permanent main.

Save this post if you want to quote me on it.

Anyway, I'm hoping for ANYTHING that will ease the wait. Something that will make these next 2 weeks go faster.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Huh? Just 2 weeks already? That's great! I forgot it's coming that fast!

I could care less about Megaman. I wanted him once, didn't want him others, and now just plain don't care. I'm not betting on any more 3rd parties even IF DLC happens. Unless the companies pay Nintendo to put the characters on it that is.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
DLC was already deconfirmed my Sakurai in an interview with IGN...

My hope is that he reveals that there will eventually be a Smash 4, and that he intended on making Ridley playable at one point in development. As well as his stance on the severe lack of Geno.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The only thing that interests me now is who else was considered for playable character-ship, and why some of them were left out. I would like to hear about Claus in particular (obviously), but I wouldn't mind hearing about Ridley, Krystal, Geno, Tom Nook / the AC main character, Mewtwo, and the like.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
DLC was already deconfirmed my Sakurai in an interview with IGN...

My hope is that he reveals that there will eventually be a Smash 4, and that he intended on making Ridley playable at one point in development. As well as his stance on the severe lack of Geno.
There is no way in hell that Sakurai will announce SSB4. There's a better chance of getting King Leonidas being a DLC.

And Geno was a side character in one game. I don't understand why people think he should be in at all. There are much more deserving characters way ahead of him.

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
Yeah, is there any way to get to this speech right now? Otherwise somebody definitely needs to post the full speech here afterwards.

He doesn't speak English though.....there will just be a translator right?

Puppet Master

Smash Cadet
There is no way in hell that Sakurai will announce SSB4. There's a better chance of getting King Leonidas being a DLC.

And Geno was a side character in one game. I don't understand why people think he should be in at all. There are much more deserving characters way ahead of him.
Leonidas FOR BRAWL!!!!

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
My guess:
"Downloadable characters? Before we come that far, the Wii must get a Harddisk. And that will never happen.
Why Nintendo are doing this to you?
For the lulz, fellow smashers, for the lulz."
)x

Dust319

Smash Apprentice

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
YEH WE GET TO PAY TO ENTER FRIEND CODE YIPIEE!!!

anyway DLC is confirmed for wii as well as add on content for disc based games (SWEET), but not nessicarliy for brawl...

Dust319

Smash Apprentice

LUIGI PSYCHO

Smash Apprentice
How do you convey poses to animators? Sakurai used a Microman poseable action figure. Using these, he snapped photos of many of the poses that would ultimately become final animations. It's clear, even from these photos, whose animations these are, with Pit and Zero Suit Samus standing out.
Great xD
An action figure was the model for the attacks xD

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
This is what Sakurai is going to say at his speech:

'I won't add downloadable characters to the game up until now. This is why you must recover'
According the an IGN interview with Sakurai, there won't be any downloadable characters.

Still, I forgot about this. I wonder what he'll say...

Top Bottom