• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDC 2008: Sakurai's Speech...delayed in a way

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The speech sounds interesting, but there's nothing I really hope to hear from it...

Unless it's an announcement that Brawl will arrive in American shores sooner then March 9th, or the addition of a new character, or downloadable characters...

What I DON'T want to hear is another delay!:mad:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I want to hear why there were clones, and I'd like a little description on why each individual character was chosen.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Smash DS.
That is the only thing I want now.
It's not one of those "sequels" that Sakurai hates so much.
It's a portable version of our favorite game.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
The game has a street date in the US now, meaning GameStop can sell it at midnight (which they are). There will be no delay.

I expect nothing big, except maybe what characters were left on the cutting room floor for Brawl this time. A lot of rehashed info from the Iwata Asks probably. And maybe some information on some other things? I doubt DLC or anything like that would be mentioned if it really is a private affair. But of course, it is Sakurai and for all we know he could hint at it.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of private affairs, wasn't Brawl's revelation a "private affair?" We all heard about it moments after it was released...so the public/private nature of it's contents won't matter much if there are journalists.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
Hoped to hear? Nothing...

He's just gonna say a few things, showcase the game and that's it.

DLC?

I made the mistake of full-on speculation. I'm not making the same mistake twice...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm totally going to forget about this and will end up reading about it :/

I'm not expecting much but I hope its enough for all your hungry gamers out there..

-Onyx

Mama

Smash Ace
What is there to say? DLC is a big maybe but I honestly could care less about it. Though it would be nice to have him appoint an understudy or something so Nintendo's got someone to fall back on when Sakurai finally starts doing his own thing. However thats not something to expect at a simple conference/speech on the game.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Maybe...but maybe not. This is Sakurai. The typical rules don't seem to apply. The man could have major surprises planned for us...have faith that at the very least Friday will be interesting.

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
I can see DLC as a possibility to be announced in GDC with confusing trailer with new character(s).

But we never know, at least I'm interested in general what he has to say about Smash. I loved Dojo site, even the "worthless" posts.

Your hopes for SSB4 are kinda pointless at this point. This is not Tekken, Sims, NHL or Mario Party.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I too doubt a SSB4. It's too soon and would damage Brawl. Give it a year or two. I think Sakurai will surprise us. In what way, I do not know. DLC? Maybe. Characters he wanted but just couldn't do? I hope so. His reasoning for character choices? That appears to be the focus of the event!

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
How about how they're going to give us Brawl Stage Updates every day of our lives? They're going to choose the best stage of the day, but how every day?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I wanna know who Sakurai's favorite character to play as is. And he better not say everyone…

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to hear about DLC, but I don't really expect anything new.
I'm just anticipating his enthusiastic exposition on Brawl!

Wardub

Smash Cadet
DLC would be cool, but I really couldn't care less. As long as he doesn't announce another delay I will be happy. Right now I just want to play the game and there isn't much that I can think of that would make the game any better besides more characters.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
I won't get my hopes up, as for a delay that's impossible it's already released in Japan, i mean they wouldn't... couldn't... I WOULD START KILLING RANDOM PEOPLE... o.k not really but there better not be another delay...

Kenryoku_Maxis

Smash Rookie
What do I hope to hear? Same as everyone else.

What do I expect to hear? You don't guess with Sakurai. He just walks in with a folder, opens it and out comes something that you never expect. He's the kind of guy who you'd elect the President of the United States and at his Inaugural Address, he'd read off a grocery list and then tell the crowd to go home.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
What do I hope to hear? Same as everyone else.

What do I expect to hear? You don't guess with Sakurai. He just walks in with a folder, opens it and out comes something that you never expect. He's the kind of guy who you'd elect the President of the United States and at his Inaugural Address, he'd read off a grocery list and then tell the crowd to go home.
I believe you are obligated one internet for that post.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm not sure if this has been stated, but I want to know...

Will this simply be a speech then walk off, or a Q&A session as well?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
why did i have to move!?! why? i wish i could go is there a chance of it being recorded and put on nintendo.com?

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
And because of timezones I WON'T miss it either! HA! Oh that was a good moment...2 timezones away, Indignant...not one!

Top Bottom