• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U GC Controller Predictions

Zeko

Smash Rookie
Aside from every character absolutely feeling 20x better with this controller compared to the 3ds, who do you think is gonna be easier to handle and what moves are gonna be easier for you?

Or if you have it already, spill the beans !

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know Rosalina will feel quite a bit better. One of the main reasons is because I can control Luma in the air without compromising Rosalina's course of movement. D-air Spike will also be easier for me, and juggling with U-air is going to be insane.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I know Rosalina will feel quite a bit better. One of the main reasons is because I can control Luma in the air without compromising Rosalina's course of movement. D-air Spike will also be easier for me, and juggling with U-air is going to be insane.
This might make Rosalina OP and overused. Nintendo should balance her properly in future patches.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This might make Rosalina OP and overused. Nintendo should balance her properly in future patches.
It wouldn't. You could already do what I described with Luma on 3DS, it's just that now you can do it without compromising Luma's movement. And U-air juggling is already great, but again, now you don't have to compromise movement.

the8thark

Smash Lord
It wouldn't. You could already do what I described with Luma on 3DS, it's just that now you can do it without compromising Luma's movement. And U-air juggling is already great, but again, now you don't have to compromise movement.
That compromise of movement needs to be there to help balance the character properly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That compromise of movement needs to be there to help balance the character properly.
No it doesn't, because every other character can use their aerials without compromising movement too.

It's really not a game changer, it's just a case of having more efficient controls.

Theta Zero

Smash Cadet
My biggest problem with the Gamecube controller is that you needed to click the shoulder buttons all the way in in order to shield in Brawl, which was a side effect of the mostly vestigial pressure sensitivity on those things.

Besides, why would you want a Gamecube controller when the Wii U already has the best controller?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
20x better? Hyperboles are annoying, the 3DS controls weren't nearly as bad.

Anyways, I am not buying a GC controller since there is a superior alternative available (picture above in Theta Zero's post), but to answer the question: Pikachu.

Zeko

Smash Rookie
20x better? Hyperboles are annoying, the 3DS controls weren't nearly as bad.

Anyways, I am not buying a GC controller since there is a superior alternative available (picture above in Theta Zero's post), but to answer the question: Pikachu.
I feel like any response that would be given next I'm sure someone would say that your comment could be argued in terms of preference. I personally, like many despise the layout of the wii u pro controller, but that's completely just preference

Theta Zero

Smash Cadet
I feel like any response that would be given next I'm sure someone would say that your comment could be argued in terms of preference. I personally, like many despise the layout of the wii u pro controller, but that's completely just preference
How do you exist

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Sometimes I miss the circle pad (lololol). I just have a hard time throwing Metal Blades diagonal anymore.

Top Bottom