• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GaW completely counters Ganon...

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
ganon can chaingrab g&w to hell.. then finish it with a fair.. try to avoid playing ganons with g&w..
ill get a video later

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I finally know how to beat good Ganons with G&W lol. I know because I've actually done it =P

The key to beating Ganondorf is to KEEP ****ING MOVING and avoid getting hit by fair at all costs. You're going to be DDing and WDing in and out of Ganon's range throughout the whole match. Try to bait him into using fair or any aerial really. Your fair is the money maker in this matchup, it's going to be your main combo starter and counter-attack. Once you land that fair, keep trying to hit him. Combo the crap out of him. If he lands or escapes the combo, run away. You're going to be doing a lot of hit-and-run.

If you mess up once, you pretty much lose your stock. "Don't get hit" really is valid advice in this situation.

Once he's off the stage, it's a wrap. I suggest ftilts or fair but edgeguarding him isn't that hard, really.

EDIT: oh and light-shield when you can lol, but you shouldn't be trying to shield any of his moves, just get the hell out of his way.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Hhahahaha

<3 bane.

the title of this thread bugs me a little 56K if you go to pound3

MM?
haha Skler asked me the same thing in regards to the Samus v Link matchup

I'm not going to Pound 3, I'm pretty much broke lol. And it's so far (travel/money johns). I'd mm you if I could, maybe if I ever go to an Ohio tourney or something >.>

Also I don't think G&W completely counters Ganon (I didn't create the thread), but I just really REALLY love the matchup since I play it a ton and I co-main G&W and Ganon. I also enjoy the G&W vs Marth matchup, as you can tell I'm a little touched in the head.

I got some G&W and Ganon vids coming soon, maybe I can get some advice on my Ganon when the time comes...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wait, let me get this straight.

G&W has priority and combos Ganon to death, and adding my blip on recovery, G&W does slightly better there.

Ganon pummels G&W's shield real fast and kills G&W fast if a moderately damaged G&W gets hit by just about any aerial attack.

So wait, Ganon and G&W are even from what I get from this topic, so thus that technically makes G&W a lower tier counter to Ganon?

Now correct me if I have this wrong, but THAT SOUNDS COOL!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Offensively, G&W is a lot like Marth. Disjointed attacks with plenty of range. If you hit one of G&W's attacks, G&W doesn't get hurt at all because it's not part of his body. This is an area where G&W has an advantage vs Ganon. He can take a chance and challenge Ganon's powerful moves with one of his own. If played correctly, G&W is basically a huge wall of hitboxes with little breaks in between.

BTW G&W should not be trying to shield Ganon's moves at all , but trying to WD out of Ganon's range or something. Shielding should be a last option. If you're bold (or just cocky) and have good enough timing you can spot dodge, but it's not a good idea lol.

Top Bottom