• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GaW completely counters Ganon...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't know about you guys but Ganon gets ***** by GaW.

I was at this SeattleSmash tourney awhile ago and someone counterpicked Ganon and
Mute City against my GaW. Of course, i was like OH SHI- but i ended 3 stocked the guy by
countering all his moves with basically just utilt and dtilt. And Fair of course.

whats do you guys think?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I can see Kirby countering Ganondorf, but not G Dub.

He does give Ganondorf what for off the edge, though. ^_^

alphameric

Smash Ace
you can sffl fair ganon across almost every stage.
basically ganon gets comboed to **** by gaw, but gaw gets ***** by a couple hits.

stomp = death most of the time

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I use G&W to counter Ganon. I can't remember the last time I lost to a Ganon with G&W...like 8 months ago lol. And I suicided twice in that match. I absolutely LOVE playing against Ganon with G&W. It's too easy. I guess it helps that I also play Ganon. :chuckle:

I agree that G&W counters Ganon.

Ganon's fair, bair > G&W shield.
Don't shield that ****, get the hell out of the way! >__> Or use one of your disjointed moves to stop him in his nondisjointed tracks. Also, wavedash works wonders.

you can sffl fair ganon across almost every stage.
Among other things...I find Ganon to be the easiest character to combo, along with spacies, Bowser, DK, Roy, Link, Sheik...G&W's got some pretty sick combos on Ganon.

basically ganon gets comboed to **** by gaw, but gaw gets ***** by a couple hits.
DI, son. DI.

stomp = death most of the time
I rarely get stomped but as a last resort, jump right before you get stomped. You won't go anywhere. Watch out for Ganon's follow-up attack though.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah, it's saved me many times. It would be even more 1337 if you teched the stomp after jumping. But I don't think anyone has that kind of reaction time. I just think "Oh crap, stomp!" and I hit X if it's my last option.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Try playing against a Gannon that knows his end of the matchup.. Or how to counterpick stages, for that matter. Why would he bring you to Mute City, when that means you'll survive another hit? If he brought you to Yoshi Story or Battlefield, it'd be a bit different. Basically, if Ganon has to hit you more than 3 times to kill you on a smaller stage, he's doing something wrong... What does that mean for you? Don't get hit, of course... ^_^

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, me too. I usually call it a box though lol
i like to call it the credit card cuz when you hit somebody off the edge you can be like

YOU WERE JUST CREDIT CARDED *****!!!!

and i also call the pan the sac tap machine. but thats the another story.

back on topic.

i think personaly ganon is a pretty easy match. like 56K said wavedashing works wonders.

Gea

Smash Master
I can see it going both ways. With perfect spacing you can theorhetically keep Ganon at bay the entire match, but with GW being ridiculously easy to tech-chase and so light I bet Ganon could takes a stock once GW is knocked down.

What's with the bucket teh stomp stuffs?

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
A good Ganon will beat a good G&W. Comboing is a two way street, and it's very easy to die against his powerful attacks.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Every character easily dies against Ganon's powerful attacks. We get it already, Ganon's strong. Doesn't guarantee he's going to beat a G&W, especially someone who's really good at him.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Noooooo....one set doesn't change anything >_>

and even in high tier vs low tier matchups, tho high tiers have more options and stronger moves, it comes down to who plays their character the best in the matchup who wins.
I play against Ganon a TON with G&W, which is probably why I never have any trouble in the matchup.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
If Ganon plays defensively, he can retreat with f-airs and all G&W can hope for is to trade f-airs at best. Which, of course, is a losing match.

Metà

Smash Master
A good Ganon will beat a good G&W. Comboing is a two way street, and it's very easy to die against his powerful attacks.
Believe it. Spite is the best G&W I've ever played against (nothing personal, 56k) and he plays against one of the best Ganons in Canada (Noobking). He probably knows this match-up better than anyone else in this thread. I could add some reasons for why this is so, but they've already been stated. Ganon beats G&W. GG

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Every character easily dies against Ganon's powerful attacks. We get it already, Ganon's strong. Doesn't guarantee he's going to beat a G&W, especially someone who's really good at him.
Don't generalize like that so much. It does make a difference to be G&W than, say, Marth, in regards to Ganon's powerful attacks. Marth will die at about 90-100% assuming he has decent DI, whereas G&W might die at 60-80%.

Top Bottom