• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's partner?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Curiosity Thread

Do any of you play Ganon in doubles? If so, who do you think is the best partner for him?
I barely play doubles, but...
For me, Samus and Falco work wonders for me due to their missle spamming. During the spamming period, I go in and kick some ***.

What about you guys?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I always do as long as it's a real tournament match.

I usely do well with a fox,peach or marth because those are the characters player I've teamed with and placed really well either 1st or 2nd in team tourneys.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Wait a minute, you like it when your teamate projectile spams? Do you play with team attack on?

My favorite is either a **** good Marth or a Fox/Sheik

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait a minute, you like it when your teamate projectile spams? Do you play with team attack on?

My favorite is either a **** good Marth or a Fox/Sheik
well do you??
either way, i wait 'till they start spamming, then run it and shffl the other team's ***.
besides, it's not like ganon could catch up to a missle/laser...

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
well do you??
either way, i wait 'till they start spamming, then run it and shffl the other team's ***.
besides, it's not like ganon could catch up to a missle/laser...
Waveland platforms on Kirby Dream land 64 and you will see Ganon, with a small head start out race the projectiles or hit right on time.

Linguini

Smash Master
Ganon is beast in teams, hes truly one of the best due to his weight, KO power and stock saving ability. With experince teaming with Lambchops ganon/falco is a horrible team, it just doesnt work out.
I used to team with a samus and its a really good team if played right.

Heres the best chars ganon teams with in order.
ganon/fox (the best)
ganon/peach
ganon/sheik
ganon/samus
some other decent teams are
ganon/doc
ganon/mario(if the mario knows what hes doing, teaming with green mario is the ****)
ganon/falcon
ganon/marth

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
The Ganon Jigs match is pretty sweet but if there is Green Mario... You should team with him. The guy just won't stop doing attacks.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Me and Eddie **** as Marth Ganon !!!

Marth goes in front and camps like a *** down throws and Ganon up smashes that's 50% damage right there. Also be prepared to CC down + toward the enemy so the other enemy doesn't hit you into ganons up smash
That does seem to be pretty sweet. I just never thought that it would work. Is it easy to pull off often?

@technomancer- Yeah but if I was going to do that I would have a C. Fal on my team. Just because have two characters that are the same makes it easy to confuse which is which and with the clone you can do the same combo, and possibly end with the evil knee.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
1. Marth(Ganon hits them out and Marth edgeguards)
2. Sheik(Sheik has everything that Ganon doesn't)
3. Ganon(Uber Stompage)
4. Fox(Shine to Stomp)
5. Falco(Laser spammage)
6. Peach(Dual Life Tanks)
7. Falcon(Uber Stomp to Knee)
8. Jiggs(Sing to Volcano Kick or Warlock Punch or WoP.)
9. DK(Stomp to DK's Neutral B, also because he can gimp very good.)
10. Mario/Doc(B-Throw to Cape/Stomp, or Ganon hits them out and Mario/Doc gimps with Bair, or Doc Pill Spam stuns them during a move and Ganon Punishes.)
11. Samus(Missile Spam)
12. Luigi(Life Tank, just as long as he's a lucky person and misfires alot.)
13. Link(Up-B)

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I was just about to say Pika and Ganon works pretty well. Pika has a better recovery than Fox (believe it or not, but thats an open debate right there seeing as how there are certain saving potentials in both and yadi yadi, ones uber predictable ones -kinda- predictable blablablablaBOMGGKASFJSDKLF!!!one~1!) and the upsmash from that stupid rat is stronger than even Fox's.

But really, the reason I say that is because my partner plays Pika (at the moment) and its a great team for sure.

Jigs and Ganon? You have gotta watch it, one f-air and Jiggs just might die. Jiggs would be better suited with a fast faller that moves fast on the ground as for good ol grabs. Grab + rest is broken, Oregon has a couple teams that do it, its hard to deal with sometimes.

One of my favorite teams however is Ganon and Link believe it or not. Its not only poetically awesome, but its got great benefits.

Three different projectile attacks that can be directed in great angles. A character that can combo far away as well as close up. (amazing side-dodge,fast smash attacks, great cheap-ko) And if I accidentally hit the courageous b@stard, he doesn't die because he's a heavy weight. (and if done right,[my partner does atleast] you can use a bomb to double-recover and get back from freaking rediculouse depths)

My favorite, Link+Ganondorf
Second Favorite, Pika+Ganondorf

the rest I don't give a crap, really.

edit: oh, tail-spike = ha-ha-ha-hawt!

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Me and my friend have tested out these teams extensivly and have found out that Ganon/Fox is the best. Marth/Ganon causes some problems for the oppostition but also for your team. If played correctly, the priority and range cannot be matched but you both are hitting eachother and HARd at that. In teams, Ganon is a very tough opponent to deal with and is most peoples problems, but playing him right in teams is way harder. Most people prolly wont go Ganon but the ones that do, such as the well known Ganon mains(no name drops), will show you how its done.

EDIT: I didnt even think about Ganon/Pika. omg at the ownage they lay down. Indeed a broken team.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I didnt even think about Ganon/Pika. omg at the ownage they lay down. Indeed a broken team
I know, its wierd to think about. Pika's tail is a dis-jointed hitbox as well (mini marth sword...OMG! metaknight rips off pika's tail and uses it in brawl!!!lololoololol!)

Course the thing is, most people play Fox, not a lot of people play Ganon. Better chose a partner that is available, thus, Fox.
Availability is very important ... as my sales job will say.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ganon/Fox is the best, imo.

1. Fox can handle the 2 vs 1 situations created by Ganon needing to recover from far away.
2. Fox is kinda small, so he doesn't get hit by Ganon's huge moves too much and work close to him without being *****.
3. Fox is super fast, so he can save Ganon, and even save him off the stage.
4. Fox has a quick grab that lets Ganon **** things.
5. They can combo well together.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
If you're good teammates and don't hit each other too much, then Samus is a good ally.

Missiles + Ganon Waveland tricks = Doom

Top Bottom