• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Latest Tier Placement (SBR Tier List v2, patch 1.1.6)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
We dropped a spot overall, but if you include the three Miis we're more or less the same (ahead of Swordfighter and Jigglypuff).

I can't share what others voted but here is what I voted;

I could share that Mr.R, Kameme, and myself were the only three to put Ganon above bottom two.

Share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Ojwaddler

Smash Rookie
I disagree with Ganon being bottom 2, I feel that he is better than a couple characters above him, such as Zelda and Charizard.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I don't think eitherplacing is too far off the mark or wrong, although personally I agree with second worst. His mu spread is terrible, probably worse than jiggs but he has better tools overall to handle himself imo so I can't see him being worse than her.

I'll always see him as that terroble character with potential to do amazingly really, but if so it will likely be inconsistent.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I agree with Zero's latest Tier List.
It says Ganon is top of bottom, and Zero was thinking of maybe even putting him in bottom of low.
I feel the same way.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I can never seem to settle on a concrete conclusion with Ganon. Some people play the MU in such a way that I realize anew just how exploitable Ganon is and how only a titanic amount of raw skill can compensate. Some play it in a way that makes me forget about those things and just revel in his massive jank.

Realistically though, I'm about where you are on this, Kalm. I think his relationship with the current meta puts him a lot higher than he really is -- maybe even top of low. But with respect to his ideal position -- that is, where he actually is -- I'd say bottom 5.

So many of Ganon's most effective tools can be erased by simple realizations like to just roll away when he's above you, or roll a lot instead of holding shield.

Last edited:

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
In general, I feel as if Ganon's few strengths are counteracted by his own weaknesses (to an extent). His extreme power is compromised by his vulnerability to combos and poor disadvantage state. His amazing edgeguarding ability is compromised by his ability to be edgeguarded just as easily. Additionally, Ganon's playstlyle is one that is easy to play around and counter. While I believe he can win some smaller tournaments, his placement is fitting considering that he most likely will see more of a dip in results as people learn the MU.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I can never seem to settle on a concrete conclusion with Ganon. Some people play the MU in such a way that I realize anew just how exploitable Ganon is and how only a titanic amount of raw skill can compensate. Some play it in a way that makes me forget about those things and just revel in his massive jank.

Realistically though, I'm about where you are on this, Kalm. I think his relationship with the current meta puts him a lot higher than he really is -- maybe even top of low. But with respect to his ideal position -- that is, where he actually is -- I'd say bottom 5.

So many of Ganon's most effective tools can be erased by simple realizations like to just roll away when he's above you, or roll a lot instead of holding shield.
Do you feel Wizkick is the center of that problem?

Zam053

Smash Cadet
Considering only his kit and his interactions with other characters, I would say he only isn't on Bottom 5 because he is 6th... He does have great potential to deal with the enemy if they make a mistake, since his punish is so good and he has a great edgeguard. But he also has a mediocre neutral and one of the worst disadvantages of the game, making him drop hard on the ratings. When people learn the MU, most of then are disadvantageous for Ganondorf, even if I think most of then are exaggerated (the whole "lol, has a projectile, so it is +3 against Ganondorf ****).

However, if you add to the factor that only some players know how to really deal with Ganondorf shenanigans, he can be up a little bit, even maybe being on the Low Tiers. He is a character that rewards punishing mistakes, and when people don't know the MU, they tend to make more mistakes.

Overall, I think a lot of people underestimate how much Ganondorf can do on a MU. But the insane amount of -1 MUs and the lack of overall positive MUs (I can think on 4 of then, and one is hugely debatable) makes him drop really hard on a tier list.

Top Bottom