• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's best teamate?

Linguini

Smash Master
For a tournament coming up I have a friend that plays several characters and im really not sure which character he should use to most effectively compliment my ganon.
Any help?
Thanks.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ganon is pretty limber in teams, so you really could go with his main. If he doesn't have one, then highest tier character than your partner is comfortable with.

Personally, I like teaming with a Sheik or space animal, but I also team with a Jiggly on a regular basis and its not that bad either. But Sheik is a great partner.

petoo0

Smash Ace
Well linguini I have had tons of different character teammates. The best I have had are sheik jiggs and peach.

Sheik: With sheik you can do some amazing 2v1 things...just watch joe bushman and drephen videos. The only thing is you have to know your roll. Ganon is a stock saver when he teams with sheik and you simply KO. Never go offense.

Peach/Jiggs: In this case you are pretty much the offense but you dont have to be the "stock saver"...casue its peach and jiggs lol. Also they can save you like EVERYTIME. Im teaming with a jiggs tomorrow at the UCLA tournament held by Aesis...with tons of people going...such as all of DBR...HugS and many others. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I suggest double Ganon. Both my teams partner and I play Ganon, and we do quite well in teams. It's pretty easy to overwhelm the other team with power. I would post some double Ganon tips, but I haven't teamed with him for about a month so it's hard to remember the last tourney matches. All I know is that we were both quite aggressive, but we played smart as well. I didn't change my style much for doubles. If your partner grabs, you'd better go for a hit but be careful not to kill your partner. It's quite easy with Ganon. Just make sure the two of you stay spaced away from each other. Preferably on opposite ends of the stage. That way your opponents are basically surrounded and can't get far without coming across another Ganon. :laugh: Oh and you probably know this already, but try your best to help out the other Ganon if he's getting comboed or edgeguarded. Actually that applies to all teams matches lol. But Ganon is very easy to edgeguard. Unfortunately I don't know one Ganon can save the other without killing him. Up B maybe?

Also on the Jiggs suggestions: Other than going double Ganon, I may play my Jigglypuff as well at a tournament tomorrow. Hope all goes well.:)

technomancer

Smash Champion
This thread needs more Cap'n and Peach.

Ganfalcondorf is amazing in teams, so much pwnage ... so much pwnage.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah, I know c.fal is ownage but seriously, is c.fal ,ganon a truly good team, because if its as horrendous as double ganon(which is one of the worst teams out there, no offense 56k) then i dont even want to touch it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah, I know c.fal is ownage but seriously, is c.fal ,ganon a truly good team, because if its as horrendous as double ganon(which is one of the worst teams out there, no offense 56k) then i dont even want to touch it.
Raffa and Tipman went double Ganon, didn't they? HIT-****?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
peach then sheik, then spacies, marth or jiggs would not be a safe pick if you've never teamed with this person before, for obvious reasons.

hmmm, pikachu is a surprisingly GREAT teammate as well, pika's dsmash sends opponents in the air stunned for ganon to go to town.

ahh, it's so money.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hmm....what about samus.....?
Samus is a pretty good teammate. She can't really grab someone so you can hit them, but that's not that big of a loss. Missles are a good plus if you can keep your eyes open for them. Also, if you don't mind the bit of 2v1 you will go through while the Samus is bomb recovering back onto the stage, then you both life-tank really well.

Ive done it before at some biweeklies, and its pretty nice.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ganon and Sheik is a really amazing team... and i'm also partial to saying luigi just because he would be able to clean up a lot of the mess and be able to knock them in the air for your Fair

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ganon and Sheik is a really amazing team... and i'm also partial to saying luigi just because he would be able to clean up a lot of the mess and be able to knock them in the air for your Fair
I really don't like teaming with Luigi players just because of their awful recovery. I know its kind of selfish, but I dont like life tanking for something like that. I'll make Ganny a lifetank if i'm partnering with a skillful Fox or Sheik without a second thought, but a Luigi... eh...

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yang has it right, and it's difficult to do F-air setups with Luigi except out of his forward and back throws.

CF/Ganon is a good pick for Final Destination but suffers on cramped levels, but ganon has good followups on CF's throws (esp Dthrow). Otherwise it's probably not the absolute best team out there.

Shiek/Ganon is solid on every stage vs. almost every team, with it's worst matchups being the best combinations like Fox/Marth.

Peach/Gannon is great on dreamland and Yoshi's Story, but the inbetween stages like Pokestadium and Final Dest give their opponents too much room. The trick with these two is that Ganon's forward air takes up the sky, while peach's dsmash controls the ground. Marth will give you the most trouble because his spikes on Ganon neutralize your stock tanking and Marth ****s peach pretty hard.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Eh, its been a while since I've had a chance to play teams, but I'll take a shot.

CF/Ganon: Lots of KO' power and combos to be had, but this team needs space to work. This team is the one I have had the most experience with and it KO's all night long, but has a really tough time against top pairings and on smaller stages.

Fox,Falco/Ganon: Any team with a Space Animal is automatically decent atleast. I haven't seen this team that often, but it has potential to KO' very quickly. Just be mindful of your teammate (especially if Falco), and lifetank till you can KO'.

Shiek/Ganon: This is a fun team to watch, as they both set up for each others aerials very well. You lifetank, help out every now and then, and KO' when appropriate. IMHO this is best pairing Ganon has overall.

Jiggs,Peach,Samus/Ganon: The reason I lump this pairings is together is that they are all difficult to KO'. I won't bother with specifics, but typically Ganon fights in the air (w/ Jiggs not so much) and your partner controls the ground. A couple of things to keep in mind:
1) Samus basically will not be able to grab, which means no whatever throw>Fair combos
2) Look for a grab in a 2v1 situation so Jiggs can grab an easy Rest for a stock.
3) Particularly in the Jiggs and Peach pairing you have to be more aggressive.

Hope that attributes somewhat to the cause.

petoo0

Smash Ace
Eh, its been a while since I've had a chance to play teams, but I'll take a shot.

CF/Ganon: Lots of KO' power and combos to be had, but this team needs space to work. This team is the one I have had the most experience with and it KO's all night long, but has a really tough time against top pairings and on smaller stages.

Fox,Falco/Ganon: Any team with a Space Animal is automatically decent atleast. I haven't seen this team that often, but it has potential to KO' very quickly. Just be mindful of your teammate (especially if Falco), and lifetank till you can KO'.

Shiek/Ganon: This is a fun team to watch, as they both set up for each others aerials very well. You lifetank, help out every now and then, and KO' when appropriate. IMHO this is best pairing Ganon has overall.

Jiggs,Peach,Samus/Ganon: The reason I lump this pairings is together is that they are all difficult to KO'. I won't bother with specifics, but typically Ganon fights in the air (w/ Jiggs not so much) and your partner controls the ground. A couple of things to keep in mind:
1) Samus basically will not be able to grab, which means no whatever throw>Fair combos
2) Look for a grab in a 2v1 situation so Jiggs can grab an easy Rest for a stock.
3) Particularly in the Jiggs and Peach pairing you have to be more aggressive.

Hope that attributes somewhat to the cause.
I agree with everything you have just said.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Double Ganon doesn't seem like it'd be good, but it works. Joe Bushman and I dominated Rob$ and Caveman multiple times with Ganon/Ganon. It was just too good.

petoo0

Smash Ace
Double Ganon is ****. Just yesterday me and Aesis went double Ganon vs our crew mates and dominated easily. So much KO power and Ganon can help out his teammate so easily. One hit in the back of the head = ****.

BTW, last saturday I teamed with a Jiggs and we did extremely well for the first time ever teaming together. Took out some of So Cal's ranked players on teams. And we were able to get zelgadis and luninspectra down to 1 stock when they went double fox.

Omega Ownage

Smash Cadet
Might work but... im thinking up with this just now i would think jiggly cuse she can make them past out and u can just nail em with a smash attack or just B thats what i would think and jiggly has to be good at B-Down

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Sheik or Falco are the best, easily. They are two characters that can easily disrupt somebody who's edgeguarding Ganon, even from all the way across the stage. One needle or one laser, and Ganon isn't being juggled anymore. One needle, one laser, and Ganon isn't too far away for up B to reach the stage.

That's just the way I see it.

Top Bottom