• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's up throw?

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I find myself always always always using his down throw unless it's to get them off the ledge for an edgeguard. Lately though, I've started using up throw on the faster fallers if we're under a platform because them landing on the platform = easy tech chase. However, I was curious: are there any really good combos out of up throw at certain percentages on certain characters that I'm missing out on? I guess I just favor dthrow because it keeps them closer to me and makes for easier ftilt/fsmash/upsmash afterwards or, of course, tech chase.

Linguini

Smash Master
U throw is good to mix up your tech chasing options, what I like to do is a d throw then grab again fast to u throw, most spacies will get nervous and not di back after the first throw and will tech in place after the uthrow. punish. Against marth at 40% you can u throw to fair if they DI forward and on sheik also.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Yeah, the only way to beat sheik is to grab back.

But keep in mind, don't do nothing but u-throws.

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
I usually u-throw fastfallers. It's easier to techchase for me. Usually they DI away to get away from Ganon's beastliness, and that leads to some f-air pwning.

petoo0

Smash Ace
lol. linguini gots it down. up throw on sheiks and marth is good. usually not expected so you can land a good fair. if you want an example of that check out tipman match vs some randomn sheik at MLG. just youtube it.
also up throw to jab works on fast fallers. as well as up throw to wizards foot..but those are usually DI-able or tech-able.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah It's pretty much a way to mix up your game. D-throw usually has more immediate options, but mixing an up-throw can throw your opponent off guard.

Against Fastfallers it's real useful. At higher % you can do up-throw to b-air or f-smash if they DI behind. If they DI forward you can sometimes grab them again.

Linguini lets get some more matches at Smashtaclysm buddy.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Nice Ganondorf match on Saturday Mr. Ganondorf I learned a couple of new tricks.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahaha, a common trend done by fast fallers

you uthrow then down b, that will usually connect the first time you try and it always ALWAYS pisses them off, I don't know why. If you've landed this then you know they get ticked

the next time they'll remember to tech behind you, so u throw to reverse over b then do what you will with them

Top Bottom