• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Team Discussion

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
All of us know that Ganondorf is fun in teams, so we're going to discuss who is the best partner for Ganondorf other than the obvious MK or G&W and how the Dark Lord does in teams himself.

I don't intend to do a character by character discussion but if the majority wants to do that then I'll do it.

Anyways lets start the discussion!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon is actually OK in everything that isn't 1on1 w/o items.

I wouldn't put him last in a 2on2-Tier List.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
In no particular order: MK, G&W, ZSS, Kirby, Wario, Ike, Snake, Diddy, Wolf, and DK are all excellent partners for Ganon.

Don't expect to team with someone and do well without practicing though. Most of these pairs requires some teams practice, so you can figure out how to combo off of each other.

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake/ganon is broken because everything dies early and takes *** loads of damage

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
That reminds me...
I must convince Tonsana to practice with Diddy, so that we can Nanerape in 2on2.
You hear me, boi? :lick:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon is actually OK in everything that isn't 1on1 w/o items.

I wouldn't put him last in a 2on2-Tier List.
IMO the worst characters in teams are Link and Samus. They don't hit very hard, and they don't have very good support options.

Ganondorf in teams can be played similarly to G&W to a lesser extent. He's great for support KOs, and his U-smash is a lot more practical in teams where 1v1 spacing is less prominent.

In my opinion, his best partner is Snake. Ganondorf can control the air fairly well with his strong aerials, and Snake has the best ground punish options in the game. Ganondorf also really really likes Snake's throws, and Snake really likes Ganon's Flame Choke.

Exalted

Smash Lord
On the top off my head, Snake would seem to be the best teammate for Ganon. Diddy and his Banana Peels are a great choice too.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
IMO the worst characters in teams are Link and Samus. They don't hit very hard, and they don't have very good support options.
Samus can camp and plank acting as a stock tank.
Xyro plays with Zucco as Lucario (with the Lucario + camping character thing) and it worked out pretty good, even though it might partly be because Xyro nows his planking stuff.
I don't feel Samus is that bad in teams.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Xyro plays with Zucco as Lucario (with the Lucario + camping character thing) and it worked out pretty good, even though it might partly be because Xyro nows his planking stuff.
The problem with Samus camping in teams is that Ganon's gonna get 2v1'd a LOT. Lucario can handle it because of super strong fsmash/spheres... Ganon simply can't.

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
ZSS sounds like a good choice. Her stun moves easily lead to Ganondorf's stronger moves.

Also, how can Ganondorf make the best of 2 vs 1 (as in killing as much as he can in this situation)?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's more because Xyro is THE BEST SAMUS IN THE WORLD as opposed to Samus actually having merits in teams.

All she can do is stock tank. But most of her time in teams is wasted since she's a bad supporter, due to being a tether grabber and due to most of her attacks being hard for her teammate to work strategies around. When she gets hit and juggled, it takes her a long time to get back to neutral position. Her recovery is also pretty slow, and while she won't get gimped, her ability to provide support on demand if her teammate is in trouble is very limited. Generally Samus hinders a team by often letting her teammate get 1v2ed a lot just because she has trouble supporting on demand.

Link similarly to Samus is a tether grabber, and has a lot of moves that don't get very good synergy with his teammates. And like Samus but to a lesser extent, he usually doesn't hit very hard. He's more easily juggled and edgeguarded than Samus, in exchange for being slightly more capable of being available to provide mediocre support.

Ganondorf is also overall a mediocre teammate, but I consider him better than Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon in teams. Ganondorf has a few good support moves and has a lot of practical strong moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
ZSS sounds like a good choice. Her stun moves easily lead to Ganondorf's stronger moves.
Ye, I find ZSS a pretty good teamate for Ganon.
She can support Ganon amizingly good with just a small, tap Neutral B.
Sometimes, even while she's dealing with the other opponent like this:

Snake | Zss | neutral B | Mario | Ganon

_S______Z_nB --->___M_____G___

Approaching Paralyser Shot + Gerudo is deadly.
Creates a small shenanigan.

Also, how can Ganondorf make the best of 2 vs 1 (as in killing as much as he can in this situation)?
Gerudo -> Team 0-death.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
ZSS works great with any character that can kill well becuase that means she can let her Bair and Uair stale without worrying. And ZSS is good in teams in general.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like playing teams with a hyper Yoshi. That Yoshi just being all over the place.
Heck, it might not be the best team, but it was funtimes.

byob1369

Smash Rookie
Ive had alot of success in team tournaments with ganon when my friend was either dedede or diddy, When hes dedede i get alot of death spikes when he spits the person my way and with diddys bananas it gives me enough time to get his held moves off

Top Bottom