• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Target Test + New Up-B Property

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He got changed around more then enough to make me happy.

I was always upset that he had almost all of his moves the exact same as Falcon...don't get me wrong, Falcon's moves are great, but he should have shared it with someone for a different game =\

That was really a kick in the nuts to Ganondorf fans like myself.

He looks great, he's been altered, I am happy.

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
And it also appears that he has a new kick, he boots that target like he was saying..."THIS....IS....SPARTA!!!"

And the new up B is not a headbutt, but is instead a twirling punch.....lawl

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Woot, seems like he HAS been decloned a bit.

DOes he look slower than in Melee or is it just me? Hmm.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Looks like he moves a little bit faster to me...weird

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
It seems that he no longer has the ridiculously fast and awesome standing A move. That punch owned. Moment of silence...

Quarter

Smash Cadet
He looks a tad slower but that could just be from the fact he's bigger than before.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
They probably aren't useful in Target Test for one thing but maybe they're too slow in general. Heck, most of the Gdorf players I know stick to his A moves at least 80% of the time.

Azura

Smash Cadet
Ganon's new ^B is the most badass move in Smash history. Seriously, just look at it. Anyway, I'm very glad he didn't get his sword shoved on him. He's much better as a Luigi-style Falcon clone. It's too bad they changed his run animation, though. It looks really stupid now.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of disappointed his moveset isn't TOTALLY original, but I bet that Sakurai felt bad about players who actually enjoyed playing Ganondorf, despite him being a clone. So it looks like they changed up some A moves, while keeping some too. I saw footage of the elbow Smash attack (I think it was forward smash if I remember correctly), as well as the Up attack where he does the lifted kick thing that Falcon does, but holds it for a while before it explodes. Best part of that one is now it actually sucks you towards it like a vacuum!

As for the B moves, in another thread it stated that while Up Special appears different, apparently he still has his Down Special, Wizard's Foot. Whether or not there are different properties involved I have yet to see. However, I feel that there are enough modifications to Ganondorf to make him enjoyable to play. Perhaps his Neutral Special or Forward Special are entirely different, or maybe Warlock Punch is chargeable or something, who knows.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... that b move changes a lot of things... for the first... with he's ordinary up-b move, he wouldn't have hit that target since he would try to grab it... and you can't grab a target. So... okey... he's up-b move has changed... what about he's other moves?

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah.

If you get close enough to an enemy with Ganon's Up-B you still grab them.

What's really interesting is that his side B, is not a full uppercut anymore. It starts the same, but is a grab move.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
To bad it's finnished now... and he's final smash looks like one-hit atack... then it's over...

Chillazn

Smash Rookie
eh from what i've seen, his down b looks like it goes straight down when you do it in the air.

h3gi

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd point out:

When going for a Smash Ball, this new mechanic would help in damaging it. His Melee up B would have just gone through it.

So, hooray for that.

Top Bottom