• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Independece

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKingDDD's

Smash Rookie
I know this has been talked alot, but like many fans out there, I think Ganondorf should be CF independent, I mean, he's such a cool character, with many cool appearances at many epic games, I think Sakurai's decision of giving him CF's moveset is lame, so yeah here's a moveset I thought of:

up B: (based on OOT) works like ROB's up B, he flies while standing up like in the ganondorf battle with the same blowing air sounds and stuff. Like ROB, you can disable this mode and use it over and over again while airbone, but he has a limited capacity that once its over he falls to his doom, this capacity recharges 2 seconds after he touches the ground. He can't do A attacks while in this mode however...

side B: (based on Twilight Princess) he does a high summersault leap to whoever direction you where pointing, and once he hits the ground, he releases the Sage's sword and with it he does the spin-like slash he does in the Twilight Princess battle to any horizontal direction you like. If your control stick was pointing left during the land, he'll slash left, if it was pointing right, he slashes right, if it was pointing nowhere, he'll simply slash to his fornt side. The sword slash delivers tremendous horiztonal knockback. He has super armor during the leap. You can also combine this move with his up B to at last give Ganondorf a nice recovery :).

neutral B: (based on OOT) He raises both hands to the air and charges a big ball. You can keep it as long as you like, and once you release the button he releases several homing power orb projectiles, the more you charged the ball, the more of these orbs that come out. The orbs come out after the closest opponents. The coolest thing of this attack, is that if you use it while airbone, Ganondorf charges the ball while suspended on the air! This just happens once however, the second time you use this attack while airbone he does it but he continues falling, kind of like marth's side B, which in the first slash it gives marth slight fall speed, but once he does it again he just keeps falling.

down B: (based on OOT) he smashes his fist to the ground and creates a huge earthshaking effect, kind of like DK's down B, but less constant and more powerful, with KO capabilities. If he does this while airbone he falls quickly to the ground with his fist pointing downard, if his fist hits someone he performs the strongest spike in the game. Of course this can't be cancelled he stops until he hits solid terrain.

And some of his A attacks should be changed as well (cuz the actual ones are property of CF):

down smash: he smashes one foot violently to the ground, provoking a rather weak earthshaking effect (you know, like DK's down B). If the actual foot hits an opponent he buries him to the ground. If this attack hits a recovering opponent you perform the greatest spike ever.

side smash: a strong one-handed slash with the Sage's sword.

BTW he allready has the Volcano Kick (up tilt) so his Warlock punch should not be missed.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Getting locked in 3...2...

Also, good ideas. I like the idea for the B move--it would give Ganon a viable approach. I could imagine charging it up when they are off stage, and then firing it while approaching with thunderstorms.

The UP-B makes sense. It would obviously be awesome if that was possible. I would even settle for I can't attack out of it, or I can only do B moves--or something else restricting.

Just to have an unpredictable, or less predictable recovery would shoot ganon up the ranks.

I like the idea on the B move, but I like my WKCs and what not. I think they should just make the quake better, and MUCH less lag on it. MUCH less.

Sounds like you like marth's dancing blades too much when it comes to side-b, but the gerudo is superior to marth's side-b. I think Ganon's gerudo is one of the best side-b moves in the entire game. That so sounded Kanye there.

But, I am digressing. x.x Um, gerudo sets up techchases and stompchases, and mindgames. Your idea wouldn't be half as good as the gerudo.

I think his dsmash should at worst be like his axe kick. It's just too crappy as is. When I use it, I want to kill myself. I wish there was a way to turn off certain moves. Like Snake's Nikita, or Ganon's Dsmash. I always do it once in a while when I'm thunderstorming.

Also, his A attacks are just fine. I like his elbow, and his upsmash. I just think they should have stopped making him a clone and made him a real stand out character--like a separate moveset for his sword, or just some sword moves in general. He IS the ganon based off of twilight princess--so why not give him a sword? It would make him infinitely better.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol, I know this thread is going to be locked, but I just got an idea - if they make another Smash (they probably won't), they should give Ganondorf two movesets - one without the sword (in other words, his current moveset), then another moveset with the sword. And you switch between movesets by pressing down B, which sheathes and unsheathes his sword. So epic!

Just as a way of apologizing for making Ganon so horrible in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom