• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Custom Moves

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
I'd find the "I Was Wrong" thread for it, but I don't think it sparked a big enough flame war to really register.
Yeah, I mean it's not like a huge difference, just a different animation with a tip. I just thought it was kind of funny that I recently found this thread and saw how absolute you were with your decision and it gave me a good chuckle is all.

Mysterioso

Smash Rookie
I'm way late to the scene, but here are my thoughts on the custom moves.

Warlock Blade (B2): a move with very high range and a tipper sweet spot that is a little faster than Warlock Punch but weaker. Warlock Blade's tip can break shields and the move has super armor. I personally like this one because of its very long range that is often longer than anticipated, which, along with the super armor, makes it harder to punish than his other options.

Warlock Thrust (B3): a much faster but weaker Warlock Punch. I personally don't like this option much because it loses power in exchange for speed, but it has significantly more end lag than his other options. That makes it highly punishable.

Flame Wave (Side 2): like Flame Choke, but travels a shorter distance and launches foes at a diagonal upward angle. I haven't used it much, it loses the tech chase options Flame Choke has in exchange for launching power, but I personally like the next one more than either of those.

Flame Chain (Side 3): Instead of grabbing, Ganon charger forward with a multi-hit attack that launches foes to the side with the last hit. This is personally my favorite of the side-b's, because you can't accidentally ganoncide and it leads to edge-guard situations more often (and Ganon has excellent edge guarding capability). It also clashes with projectiles, punishes back rolls and goes through shields. It does have significant end lag, but when used immediately after a jump, so you're barely off the ground, you'll experience less lag upon landing then you would using the grounded version of the move (just make sure you're not fighting someone that can just crouch or is too small to be hit by it).

Dark Fists (Up 2): instead of grabbing as he does in Dark Dive, Ganon hits with a powerful attack with his fists at the end of the move, with another hitbox at the beginning of the move that combos into the one at the end. It starts up a little slower than Dark Dive, but goes more or less the same height. This is my preferred option for his up special, because it's a very good recovery option from down low that is very dangerous to punish. When used on the ground it can KO most opponents under 100%, though it can be tricky to land.

Dark Vault (Up 3): Like Dark Dive, but goes higher with two separate jumps and will not grab at all stages of the move. I personally don't have much experience with this move, though it seems like a good option for recovery. However I don't find it necessary because of the awesome recovery already present in the down special I like to use:

Wizard's Dropkick (Down 2): Ganon's purple flame is replaced with a blue one. When used on the ground, Ganon hops a little into the air before kicking forward at a slightly downward angle. In the air, Ganon travels at a diagonal downward angle with a hitbox on his foot, while also producing a shockwave upon landing (like Wizard's Foot). I love this move because of how it helps with recovery and approach. For recovery, it's mainly useful for when recovering from high up or from stage-level, because of the horizontal distance it gains. When recovering from stage level, the Dropkick will bring you below the stage, where you can immediately up-B to the ledge with pretty good speed. For approach, the short hop at the beginning when used on the ground allows it to go over most projectiles. It can also be used as an attack from the air on a grounded opponent. It can even be used as an edge guarding tool in some situations.

??? (Down-3): I haven't unlocked this one in my game yet, but it appears to be like Wizard's Foot, only a farther traveling one on the ground and a steeper one in the air that can meteor smash. Honestly though, if I wanted to meteor smash I would just go for Dair because it's safer and can be used farther from the ledge. The longer distance is useful I guess but if you already have Flame Chain, Wizard's Dropkick gives it better approach diversity in my opinion.

So yeah, custom Ganon is boss.

Top Bottom