• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Spotted in the 3DS Direct

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Falcondorf confirmed.

R.I.P. Canondorf
Funeral proceedings will be aided by preist Old Manondorf.

i'm gonna go eat a bananondorf.

A Gentle Dandy

Smash Rookie
I didn't believe the leak until the videos surfaced and I first saw 3DS Ganondorf do his best "Captain Falcon's mom" impression.

Depressing to see so much wasted potential... again.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Don't worry guys, we may have Falcondorf, but atleast we know they took time and effort to give Palutena 12 unique special moves to make up for it! ...right? #sakuraibias

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Looks like we'll never get the king of tennis.

GJR78

Smash Rookie
NNID
GJR-7.8
Did anyone else see Robin perform Nosferatu on Game & Watch or was it just me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Falcon was buffed, then Falcondorf might get buffed accordingly.

Or they'd allow use of his goddamn sword for once.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll repost my thoughts from the Ganondorf thread here. I think they speak for most of us Ganondorf fans:

I want Falcondorf's up-tilt changed. Have you guys seen Project M's? That one's so brutal and satisfying to hit with.

Also Falcondorf still has a chance to be more Ganondorf-like via custom specials a la Palutena.

If Sakurai doesn't go along with it, then Sakurai officially doesn't think having a canonical Ganondorf matters, AND WE SHOULD MOVE ON FROM THAT. It's been 3 games in a row, and If Sakurai still doesn't care then he never will. We should accept that and move on.

Yes, it's unfair that he got the short end of the stick. The difference between him and characters like Mega Man and Shulk when it comes from using source material as inspiration is as deep as the Grand Canyon. I still resent that he ever included Ganondorf in Melee so haphazardly to begin with--I suspect that if he left him out of that, then he'd be an awesome, true-to-source-material Ganondorf in Brawl.

But it was not meant to be.

We have no choice but to stop crying about it, since our words are just gonna fall on deaf ears anyway.
If that's true, then either Sakurai hates Ganondorf or he's lazy. Why can Bowser AND Pit AND Yoshi stay true to source material but not Ganondorf?
Afte seeing the Great King in action in Hyrule Warriors, it makes me infurious that Sakurai's team STILL made him a Captian Falcon clone.
The Hell?!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Don't worry guys, we may have Falcondorf, but atleast we know they took time and effort to give Palutena 12 unique special moves to make up for it! ...right? #sakuraibias
Stop the Palutena hate, she's a great character and I'd like Ganondorf to keep some iconic moves with a few tweaks, because the Falcondorf moveset actually fits him.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The Problem to me is not Palutena, Is Bowser! Bowser got a amazing rework with its moveset that feel like a newcomer than a Veteran and ganondorf that needed the most, he din't. That was very disappointment and theN watch hyrule warriors, watching ganondorf fight with two swords and a way soo amazing, that were wanted that ganondorf to smash bros, but noooooooooooo Bowser get reworked and Ganondorf nope, that really depressing about ganondorf future...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Well, if his moves had less lag and the devs give him his tennis ball of doom, then I'm OK he is still Falcondorf. But that Up Tilt has to go, it's the most useless piece of garbage in existence, it's more useless than any of Melee Kirby's moves.

Chaos Archangel

Smash Cadet
What gets me is that.. All the other clones are actual clones.

Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Lucinda, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Dark Pit(?)

... And then there's Ganondorf.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
His outfit looks very different but it could just be the zoomed in camera an low res

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can say I'm not surprised considering this whole roster leak thing been going around for days.

And I find it funny how some if not most people don't seem to like Ganondorf just because he's still a clone again.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
What gets me is that.. All the other clones are actual clones.

Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Lucinda, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Dark Pit(?)

... And then there's Ganondorf.
Well if we are going technically and in character, Toon Link is a Link reincanation, Falco is a bird, and Fox is a fox (duh) so they are not exactly clones, same issue with Wolf, Lucina went around disguised as Mars, Dr. Mario is a complete sin here because HE IS MARIO IN A COAT, Pichu is a baby Pikachu, and a really useless pkmn btw, and Dark Pit is a true clone.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If he has auto cancellable aerials, he'll probably be far better than his Brawl counterpart. Here's to hoping. Cheers.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Falcondorf confirmed to return. though we've known this for a few days, but yeah this is a good recap article for that

He'll most likely at least be buffed, and that's good and all. He has a fun moveset as it is.

But man.

Looking at the Hyrule Warriors footage of him is so depressing now.
In the leak he still seemed extremely slow and unusable.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
In the leaked videos, did we see ALL of his special moves.
If not, I'm going to pray that he has a different one.

You know what would be great?
If Sakurai gave Ganondorf the Palutena treatment, and gave him 12 unique special moves. 4 could be his Falcondorf moves, 4 could be sword-based, and 4 could be magic-based.
It would be prefect.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
You never know. he could just look like Falcondorf but has different moves. I know his Up B is the same but that doesn't mean every move is the same. So there's still a big possibility Ganon's getting some new specials.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Seriously! He changes Pit's specials and gives Palutena 12 (and will probably add Dark Pit, you know, because screw it why not), but he won't give Toon Link and Ganondorf some revamped moves.

For real, I honestly think he secretly hates Zelda characters. Out of all the supremely major, and some minor, franchises it's the only one which hasn't gotten a newcomer since Melee--FE, Starfox, Earthbound, Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, have all gotten new characters. (The swap from Young to Toon Link doesn't count).

If he doesn't even add some cool costume alts, like Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf or Skyward Sword Zelda etc, then his asinine bias will be complete.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Hey, maybe Falcondorf fits for a moveset because, I dunno, TRIFORCE OF POWER?!:4pacman:

Nonetheless, I can't freakin' believe Nintendo leaked the King of Evil themselves for once. #DorfPatrol

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I don't understand why they are waiting so long to confirm a veteran such as him for Smash 4... -_-

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The Problem to me is not Palutena, Is Bowser! Bowser got a amazing rework with its moveset that feel like a newcomer than a Veteran and ganondorf that needed the most, he din't. That was very disappointment and theN watch hyrule warriors, watching ganondorf fight with two swords and a way soo amazing, that were wanted that ganondorf to smash bros, but noooooooooooo Bowser get reworked and Ganondorf nope, that really depressing about ganondorf future...
The thing we have to remember as well is that Tecmo Koei were developing Hyrule Warriors and the only input from Nintendo was in the form of Mr. Aonuma as a Supervisor; they weren't involved in any way in the making of Smash Bros.
In order for Ganondorf to have that moveset in Smash it would have required Sakurai and co. to be in constant communication with Tecmo several months ago or since last year, but each one of them were occupied by their current projects at the time unaware of what the other was doing, so I know that people got excited when they saw HW's Ganondorf in action but I think that expecting Smash Ganon to have the same thing would have been too far-fetched. Their development cycles were just too close to each other in order to warrant content from one game to appear in another; if HW had come out last year it could have been possible. The whole Smash roster was probably finished and implemented months ago.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
"However, if the Youtube video leak is to believed, he will continue to have his Falcondorf (Falcon + Ganondorf) move set that he has kept since Melee with slight improvements in Brawl"

uwut

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I will continue to support Mulletdorf for smash. I don't care about falcondorf really at all, but I will play him just to see how he plays in this newest iteration. Maybe I'll be surprised.

As it is, Mulletdorf for Smash 5

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Stop the Palutena hate, she's a great character and I'd like Ganondorf to keep some iconic moves with a few tweaks, because the Falcondorf moveset actually fits him.
That wasn't Palutena hate, that was Ganondorf hate. The poster was just giving one of what could be MANY examples, of why they should pay more attention to Ganondorf, and not just make him an afterthought.

Top Bottom