• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf needs to be closer to Melee's Version

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
its the general opinion of most every elite player that Ganon is indeed one of the worst characters in PM. I am a Ganon main myself in Melee and PM and I see why they think that. Sure he has plenty of options on punishes. And Aerial Side B is very strong when landed. But good luck landing those on high quality opponents. Good luck playing defensive against a solid fox, Falco, or Wolf player. Good luck getting out of DK stuff. Good luck getting completely dominated by characters who can crouch and dodge 90% of Ganondorf's tools. and Good luck getting that grab for the nice chain throw he has, since you know Ganon has Trex arms.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
its the general opinion of most every elite player that Ganon is indeed one of the worst characters in PM. I am a Ganon main myself in Melee and PM and I see why they think that. Sure he has plenty of options on punishes. And Aerial Side B is very strong when landed. But good luck landing those on high quality opponents. Good luck playing defensive against a solid fox, Falco, or Wolf player. Good luck getting out of DK stuff. Good luck getting completely dominated by characters who can crouch and dodge 90% of Ganondorf's tools. and Good luck getting that grab for the nice chain throw he has, since you know Ganon has Trex arms.
pmbr plz gib gannon flaco lazer

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Hey...so I haven't gotten to play my main group this entire time from then and now (kinda sad :'( I cry salty tears)

Anyway, I dont have any vids, however, I have an upgraded pc so if anyone wants to fight me on PM I'll be online as Aerros every now and then in the main fight room. I'll also finally see about recording directly. Ty for all kinds of patience and doubt XD

(fighting room website: http://ladder.anthrzy.com/game/project-m-netplay)

Une

Smash Apprentice
wtf why would anyone want what is generally accepted to be one of the worst characters in PM to be nerfed

Wut

GeZ

Smash Lord
Aerros, just hurry up and post videos already. I hate to be the guy to let the cat out of the bag, but no one is expecting you to redefine the Ganon Meta or radically shift his position in the tiers. Real talk, most of the Ganon mains here are better than you, and you'll be surprised to find that out, but it's true. They put in real as hell work and try to make ends meet with a really tough character. Everyone has their own "well I'm obviously the best ever, duh" like that random bro Schwickid, who, like most self proclaimed masters, turned out to be just alright.

I just want you to get it over with so this stupid subject can be laid down to rest and the Ganon mains who labor at their character can get back to having real discussion about the actual state of the character.

Just use the fraud tag. It'll make everything more simple.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
So, here's the thing:
This isn't Melee, so don't even bother mentioning Melee.
Ganon is better, but everyone else in the cast is /even better/.
You are not a pro Ganon, especially in this game, nor a pro theory-crafter.
A lot of your "data" in the OP is wrong.

Ganondalf

Smash Cadet
>Wizard's foot

Ganondorf is mostly played as a defensive character. Anyone who uses him too offensively will get trumped, which is probably all you have seen.

Either way, his moves are still not equivalent to their melee counterpart which is overly advantageous.
I agree with this but his neutral game is pretty bad and his mobility is unfairly low for such a defensive character with no projectiles. Ganon needs some love right now. It'll always be fun to Fair and Dair and Warlock Punch someone to oblivion though.

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
To be really honest here, I'm not trying to say he's bad btw, we need a more original Ganondorf. One that is more like the Zelda series and not a clone of C.F. I'm surprised that Nintendo did a rework for Bowser, but not Ganondorf. There are so many other things we can do with him. Make him lighter, use nuetral B for Tennis ball energy (I'm really hoping for that one day), and just completely new move sets to match his character. Why did they carry this over, I will never know

GeZ

Smash Lord
Even besides that ^
Ganon definitely isn't going to be overhauled in P:M. Suggesting it is pointless.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
That works. right after i posted this thread all those months ago, I haven't been able to fight my main smash challengers. My current challengers are sub par : /. And PM online, lags. Thanks everyone, maybe you'll see some vids after my parry project is finished

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
To be really honest here, I'm not trying to say he's bad btw, we need a more original Ganondorf. One that is more like the Zelda series and not a clone of C.F. I'm surprised Tthat Nintendo did a rework for Bowser, but not Ganondorf. There are so many other things we can do with him. Make him lighter, use nuetral B for Tennis ball energy (I'm really hoping for that one day), and just completely new move sets to match his character. Why did they carry this over, I will never know
There's an uploaded moveset for Ganondorf that changes his attacks depending on the taunt pressed. The up taunt will change his to a magic moveset based on the triforce of wisdom. I'll link it here in a moment.

I couldn't find it, so I just hosted it. I forgot who made it, too, so don't credit me:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ujpzz9gctscv54x/AAAGsJt-hZ7hl5u9LXLXQd35a?dl=0

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
That works. right after i posted this thread all those months ago, I haven't been able to fight my main smash challengers. My current challengers are sub par : /. And PM online, lags. Thanks everyone, maybe you'll see some vids after my parry project is finished
Why don't you go to, oh I dunno, a tournament?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I went to an informal one at a park for melee (the park had a random outlet!!); I get too nervous in crowds : /
Maybe repetition can change that.

Sounds like excuse after excuse but these are the reasons for the staleness of this postponed thread.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I went to an informal one at a park for melee (the park had a random outlet!!); I get too nervous in crowds : /

Sounds like excuse after excuse but these are the reasons for the staleness of this postponed thread.
No Johns bro!... >.>... sorry.

But in all seriousness, i can confirm the crowd jitters really do get better the more you do it (even to the point of going away all together eventually). Keep at them and you'll not only increase you're match-up experience against a large array of opponents and characters, but also get generally more relaxed at events.

These are but the humble words of a no-body though, best I've ever done is 3rd at ChaoZ in melee (Dorf of course)
other than that, I've never really broken top 8 much. (I'm more often hovering around the top 12 mark)

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Wish we could meet in the battlefield some time >.[
Thanks for the input on your experience.

You'll see my name around the kc-mm and here very soon~

CORY

wut
BRoomer

i've heard about stuff like that, but mostly in new york. that's pretty awesome that you went to one : O

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He did get a buff, but so did everyone else. His buffs are barely relevant since he has a harder time keeping up.

Top Bottom