• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally: In Progress (Replacement Signups Help!)

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
If by some miracle tarry and garioshi do their match in the next week, I won't be available to fight till the 15th due to being ON A MOTHER****ING HOLIDAY YEAAAAAHHHHH

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I'm going to drop out from this. My internet has been really wonky and randomly DCing me even with a wired connection. It happened game 1, last stock vs Tonnura and has been happening ever since then on FG and with other friends. I probably won't do any online tournaments for the foreseeable future >.<

Have a fun tournament everybody!

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Kosk, don't worry, you'll move on.

You're going to settle down, have a family with a couple of little 'dorfs, and maybe even open a bed & breakfast called Twin Beards.

Do it for me Koskinator.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I am considering replacing @Tarry with @ Jyro Jyro because due to life circumstances he's been unable to participate in the tournament.

Jyro

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheChooseGoose
Wait, so am I replacing Tarry or is Magus? The opponent is Garioshi?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ _Magus_ _Magus_ please fill out more information in the sign up sheet. I already added some stuff, but I can't fill out everything for you.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
@ _Magus_ _Magus_ please fill out more information in the sign up sheet. I already added some stuff, but I can't fill out everything for you.
Apologies.

Name: _Magus_
NNID: DeadlyTaco
Available days: M, T, R, F
Preferred time: Evenings (CST)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I beat @ Koskinator Koskinator 2-1 in a really close set. Like with Busutosu he wrecked me in friendlies after lol.

I think playing Bowser has helped me not be as reckless with dorf. Or I'm just in that tourney mindset lol, I play more defensive in a tourney setting.

Really ggs though kosk, sorry for interrupting you and @Kyogokudo though. Also all this time I thought your name was Kyogokudude lmao

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Stay salty :)

Really though if you want we'll just redo the set.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Damn @ Koskinator Koskinator I can't believe that @ Opana Opana said he waxed that ass smoother than a babies bottom. That's some nice smack talk Opana, good job lol.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm not much of a smack talker, I'd rather just beat someone in a set than talk a bunch of s*** and lose lol. These mirrors when they get to a certain point can swing any direction too lol.

I can't read the rules off my gpad so I honestly have no idea what it says about picking stages though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not much of a smack talker, I'd rather just beat someone in a set than talk a bunch of s*** and lose lol. These mirrors when they get to a certain point can swing any direction too lol.

I can't read the rules off my gpad so I honestly have no idea what it says about picking stages though.
...seriously?

While I'm generally pretty lenient about how people play their games, I'm frankly not going to tolerate a complete disregard of how much effort I put into making things user friendly.

That's seriously not a valid excuse for not reading the rules. Use zoom features on your phone or something. If you're able to post on Smashboards... there really is no reason you can't view the rules.

By all the gods, YOU KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME TOO. If you seriously had problems (which you shouldn't have, but whatever) I literally let this tournament sit still for like a month before the "official" start date. Seriously...

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
...seriously?

While I'm generally pretty lenient about how people play their games, I'm frankly not going to tolerate a complete disregard of how much effort I put into making things user friendly.

That's seriously not a valid excuse for not reading the rules. Use zoom features on your phone or something. If you're able to post on Smashboards... there really is no reason you can't view the rules.

By all the gods, YOU KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME TOO. If you seriously had problems (which you shouldn't have, but whatever) I literally let this tournament sit still for like a month before the "official" start date. Seriously...
What a shame. I rather liked @ Opana Opana too. Oh well, I'll be at his funeral I guess...

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
My phone is extremely basic, bed bound atm because of an infection which makes getting to the computer difficult although it's hard to get on anyway. I assumed there wasn't any stage discussion because that'd be pretty difficult with americanjapanese players. I'm sorry I didn't contact you, that's on me.

I don't mind giving up my spot lol, this was honestly just gonna be something I did for fun. I have no issues whatsoever with letting Kosk take the win or being removed entirely, or whatever else you feel like doing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My phone is extremely basic, bed bound atm because of an infection which makes getting to the computer difficult although it's hard to get on anyway. I assumed there wasn't any stage discussion because that'd be pretty difficult with americanjapanese players. I'm sorry I didn't contact you, that's on me.

I don't mind giving up my spot lol, this was honestly just gonna be something I did for fun. I have no issues whatsoever with letting Kosk take the win or being removed entirely, or whatever else you feel like doing.
Yeah uh, I was totally aware of language barriers being a thing. Why do you think it took me so long to decide on a start date?

It's frankly on @ Koskinator Koskinator to complain a bit more directly to me if he wanted a result changed, so I'm leaving things as is. However that being said, I am definitely not letting nonsense like this happen again.

I will post the rules on the opening post. Note that I actually took time to write out very clearly what things could be left up to player discretion, and suggestions for communication issues and tagging stage counterpicks.

In addition, I talked to Potechi well in advance to clarify the rules to him, given I knew it would be difficult for me to write out everything in Japanese.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
My mistake, I wanna go to losers then. I don't wanna take a win that could've been different.

I understand you put a ton of work into this, and I appreciate it. It wasn't my intention to mess this up, I'm a forgetful guy with a lot going on atm. I take full responsibility for everything.

I like this community so I don't want my mistake to mess things up here, let me take the loss. I mean it's likely I'll end up fighting adom who will almost definitely beat me down lol, let kosk go ahead and give him a challenge.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't think either of you are in a position to tell me what to do.

All I want at this point is people to just acknowledge that I definitely factored a LOT of potential problems in designing this tournament, including the stupidity that happened just now. And for people to appreciate things being run with some semblance of order. My ultimate goal is to be really lenient about how people play out this tournament, mind you.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Then replace me, I'd prefer to just not be involved. I don't feel like being chewed out for this and I don't feel right about progressing, Good luck with the tournament.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Replacements don't just come out of thin air, you realize?

Is this how you would conduct yourself in an IRL tournament for getting chewed out? Your selfishness is astounding me frankly.

That being said, if you're going to drop out, then I'm advancing Koskinator as the default winner and you forfeit your set in losers. I highly recommend you reconsider your thought process though before I go to bed.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
If you don't wanna move kosk on otherwise then yeah that's my decision. You can find a replacement I'm sure. I don't see how I'm being selfish at all though honestly, I just want kosk to move on but you're hung up on not listening to me it seems like.

If I were having someone blow up on me at a tourney then I may leave, yes. Really though it all depends on why and how long they're going to needlessly go on when the message has already been received. At that point I think everyone would be more comfortable without them/myself.

Good luck with the tourney either way though.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You're being selfish by ignoring my decisions and reasons for handling issues. It's as simple as that. I made up my mind as TO on how to handle this issue fairly, and you decided to make it more complicated than it needed to be. It's disrespectful not only to me, but everyone participating.

It's BOTH of your responsibilities to ensure things go smoothly, and since you BOTH screwed up somewhere down the line, I'm personally not inclined to change the result.

Just this once, if you want me to compromise, I will allow the set to be redone. This doesn't change that I expected better standards from you, Opana.

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Dramarama lol. We arent redoing the set, in reality counterpicks arent that pivotal in a ditto series anyway. Like a pheonix from ashes i will rise through losers

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dramarama lol. We arent redoing the set, in reality counterpicks arent that pivotal in a ditto series anyway. Like a pheonix from ashes i will rise through losers
Logically I also agree with this completely. Another reason why I'm not super inclined to change the result.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Are we still looking for replacements? My Ganon is bleh, but I love the character so if a spot is still open sign me up!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are we still looking for replacements? My Ganon is bleh, but I love the character so if a spot is still open sign me up!
You can put your information down on the appropriate sign-up sheet (for other people to view). From there I'll contact you as necessary.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think it was a mistake signing up in the first place honestly. I mean, a lot of things are inaccessible to me and require a bit more assistance, making TOing more difficult. I'm not even big on mirrors lol, like I said I just wanted to have some fun. I really just felt like Kosk should've won, even before we played our set I was expecting a 2-0. I feel like if he were able to strike during the set he'd have 2-0d me tbh.

I don't think kosk will wanna redo but I'll definitely do so if he wants. I guess I'll stay in regardless to make sure you have the players you need.

Honestly the full story has a bit to do with my ADD, I have really bad memory issues without my meds which I haven't had for a good while. I read the rules in full multiple times but it just won't stick, so yeah I totally should've contacted you. Not excusing my mistake at all btw, just wanted to let you know that I did read them when I had the chances though.

Sorry for the trouble to you guys.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Relax now, everyone.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I sympathize with you, A2. I really do. You've put a ton of work in for this and I'd be remiss to say we don't all appreciate it. But Opana apologized profusely. I don't know what's left to obtain to remediate the mistake short of 86'ing him. He made a mistake, owned up to it and was willing to face the consequences. By my metric, he conducted himself as well as humanl possible. However, you're kicking a man while he's put himself down. There's nothing remedial at this point about laying into him.

I understand being frustrated, but I think what's been expressed in spite of repeated attempts to atone has long passed what is reasonable. I don't think an infraction such as this is worth a wounded relationhip, so let's focus on what's important here.

I also apologize for letting this go on as it did. I had no idea.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
As a high functioning autistic, I know I can be extremely stubborn, and I apologize for getting that way too.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Don't sweat it, man. Like I said, no one of us is perfect. We're Ganon bros, so let's forget this and continue with the only tournament worthy of bearing the Ganonic seal. :colorful:

Top Bottom