• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ganondorf is not evil just misunderstood

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i feel that in oot ganondorf is a good guy who overreacts. He sees a bunch of so called monsters living is the wilderness no home getting killed by people with swords. So he decides to take over a town to give the so called monsters a place to stay. He let mud zombies live in the town square and even let many diffrent types of these "monsters" live in his castle with him.

Is this really that evil he overreacts by taking over a town when maybe he should of tried biulding houses for them but for as violent and evil as he was said to be most people seemed to just move to the other town near by they were not killed just how evil could ganondorf be he is almost just equal to a person who really loves animals its like if the crazy cat lady takes over your house to but her cats in it wrong but to try and help out cats.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ya but u also need 2 kno that he had a choice in tha matter and he chose the wrong 1, he couldof dun every1 a favor and instead act in a nonvilent matter like martin luther king or gahndi but instead he chose to be mean and take everything away using force its liek if a bunch of european explorers caem to ur nation and gave u da option of either listening or to die, and if u chose to stand up 4urself he would say "well i did give u a choice" and then procede to chop ur limbs off and/or taik u away frum ur homeland.

Yes, I am mocking you, the Ocarina of Time thread is on the first page. I'll admit that I made a mistake like this before.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i was not shore if i should put this in a the thread or not since (dont tell anyone this) this is a joke and i was just wondering how people would respond and i did not know if it would be seen in that thread but maybe i will move it over there

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
i feel that in oot ganondorf is a good guy who overreacts. He sees a bunch of so called monsters living is the wilderness no home getting killed by people with swords. So he decides to take over a town to give the so called monsters a place to stay. He let mud zombies live in the town square and even let many diffrent types of these "monsters" live in his castle with him.

Is this really that evil he overreacts by taking over a town when maybe he should of tried biulding houses for them but for as violent and evil as he was said to be most people seemed to just move to the other town near by they were not killed just how evil could ganondorf be he is almost just equal to a person who really loves animals its like if the crazy cat lady takes over your house to but her cats in it wrong but to try and help out cats.
You are stoned, right? So basically, if I killed a hundred people, I was just trying to save the food supply for the rest of the world, or oxygen, electricity, women, space, or gummy bears umm, what do you know, maybe Ganondorf IS TRULY misunderstood. Yours Truly.

What I am trying to say is that Ganondorf is the root of all evil, your honor.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
He used link to enter the sacred realm.
He tried to take the triforce from zelda and link to plunge the world enter eternal darkness, yada yada.

yes. he is very evil

Blackadder

Smash Master
... Na.

He's a vile magnificent bastard badass villian.
This is why he's a badass, and this is why everyone should main him in every game on Earth. Ever.

You know this to be true. :bee:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You are stoned, right?

I dont smoke so no i am not stoned

also i moved this to the oot thread and i dont see what wrong with this thread/question witchking yes it is a joke but i am ready to defend this and i think its a fun look at things

Also witchking why did u quote that i said dont tell anyone

i would like to keep this thread alive if people want to talk about this i will answer as soon as i can to anyone saying i am wrong i would like this thread to stay so if this becomes somewhat popular the Oot thread wont be flooded with this and so the people who go to the Oot wont get pissed off at me.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So basically, if I killed a hundred people, I was just trying to save the food supply for the rest of the world, or oxygen, electricity, women, space, or gummy bears umm, what do you know, maybe Ganondorf IS TRULY misunderstood. Yours Truly.

What I am trying to say is that Ganondorf is the root of all evil, your honor.
i say link is the root of all evil first may i say it seems to me ganondorf did not kill many if any people they all just moved to the town 10 feet away (which if he was really evil he would of gone to and killed everyone) second if link did not go around killing all of ganondorf woodland friends maybe none of this would of ever happend

AND THAT IS WHY LINK IS IN FACT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
He used link to enter the sacred realm.
He tried to take the triforce from zelda and link to plunge the world enter eternal darkness, yada yada.

yes. he is very evil
True but you ever think that these so called monsters like darkness more then like i mean look he made the castle town very dark and cloudy for them he might be going about it the wrong way but he is just trying to help

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
What? If you went out of your way to kidnap a princess, killed two holy entities, claiming all but few ancient artifacts and treasures, enslave a whole wild world, able to transform into a creature of pure evil, and still don't feel like evil, then you are truly the root of all evil. And yea, wearing black don't really help Ganondorf's good side, does it now? Your honor?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Note that some information I supply here is definitely non-canon to LoZ, but the point of the idea is to incorporate these ideas with the zelda canon to make it fit.

Topics about a new LoZ game surface all the time on /v/, and one of the better recurring ideas is to make a game in which the 3 goddesses create the original hero of time, and give him a choice of the triforce piece he wants. He comes from a small village where he is different from everyone else. Kin to the way link can grow while others cannot, the hero of time is male while everyone else is female. He recognizes that the strongest piece is the triforce of power, and decides that this piece would be his greatest chance to rid Hyrule of evil.

He then sets out on his quest to do just that, rid hyrule of evil. He kills octocrocks and likelikes and what not, and goes through 3 temples before he stumbles upon the sword of time, which he attempts to pick up and fails. He is angered because he was told by the goddesses that as the hero of time, he would be able to wield the sword of time, but the goddesses explain that he is not yet ready to wield the sword because he needs to go through a series of trials to purify himself. Although this angers him, he continues on his quest and goes through those 7 trials.

On the way, it becomes clear that the protagonist's morals are severely skewed. He beings to punish and even harm citizens who are greedy, are envious, are prideful, etc. He gets Light-syndrome (if you read death note lol) and his definition of "evil" starts to incorporate far more than just evil beings, but those who he does not feel deserve to live with their sinful ways.

He decides that he will create a new Hyrule in which these evil doers are punished. Through the last four or so temples he goes to, after defeating the boss of the temple, he enlists their aid in his new world. After finally finishing the seven temples, he goes to pick up the sword of time when it has been moved. The goddesses tell him that he has become evil and out of their control, and he cannot have the sword. He then opts for a larger, more powerful sword of his own making and tells the goddesses that he wants the other two pieces of the tri-force, only to find out that they have been distributed to two unknown people. In his rage, he embraces his new destiny to find the other two pieces of the tri-force. When embracing this rage, he is able to achieve a higher form, one of pure power, of a boar creature. He assumes that this is his true power, and a sign that he is truly on the right path.

He then goes around Hyrule as the representative of his desert village and sets various obstacles for the other two unknown wielders of the triforce, such as poisoning the Great Deku Tree, enlisting in the help of his previous enemies as his new soldiers (known to Link as evil minions), and tricking the foolish and undeserving King of Hyrule out of his position.

He is last seen in his chambers as the ambassador to his village at the castle, playing an eerie piece on the organ, contemplating whether he is truly good or evil. He realizes that he is being watched by a fairy, which immediately scatters away towards the Great Deku Tree. The tree tells this fairy to awaken the new Hero of Time, who is to stop the old one who lost his way.

Of course, the game ends at the beginning of LoZ: OoT, and the player fully realizes that he has been controlling the "evil" Ganondorf. The game could be fun in that while Ganon is slowly becoming more evil, his clothing slowly changes from the green garb to his black and dark chains and cape, etc.

it would be great fun.

S2

Smash Lord
Even though its definitely not canon, that was an interesting take on OOT Tom. Good read :)

Ganon's character changes significantly as he develops through the games. He's arguably the deepest and most intersting character in the series, since over the games chronologically you essentially see him grow from an impulsive young man (OOT), to a tragically bitter older one (WW), and finally into a beast (as he appears only in pig form in the later timeline stuff, which ironically, is the earlier released games).

But yeah, he's not misunderstood. He's evil. Greedy, powerhungry, and perfectly willing to kill in order to get what he wants.

While he is somewhat tragic in that his desire for Hyrule was originally fueled by the fact that he's from Gerudo desert... which is barren and harsh compared to Hyrule's beauty and easy life. That doesn't change the fact that he invaded Hyrule under the guise of a friend, kills the king, starts a war, kills his own companions to get to the triforce, starts more wars over many games, etc.

Ganon might be somewhat tragic in that he was born into a pretty bad lot (but not that bad, as Male Gerudo's get basically a free ticket to the tribe's leadership... so I wouldn't say he got all that screwed). But yeah, he's evil. No two ways about it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
first let me say S2 nice sig next let me say that i am only saying he is not that evil in OoT not WW or the original game. Ok i am not going to say killing the king was a good thing but if that makes him evil then just how evil is link for all the monsters he has killed. Also as i've been saying ganon took over the castle to give the "monsters" a home and yes things might of gotten a little bit violent in his quest to get the "monsters" a palce to live but many changes even some for the better have some violence behind it so i dont think this shows he is evil just b/c violence was involved.

I want to say i am not saying violence is the answer but somtimes it is or somtimes things go to far and violence happens.

Also Tom i would like to play a game as ganon nice post

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
What? If you went out of your way to kidnap a princess, killed two holy entities, claiming all but few ancient artifacts and treasures, enslave a whole wild world, able to transform into a creature of pure evil, and still don't feel like evil, then you are truly the root of all evil. And yea, wearing black don't really help Ganondorf's good side, does it now? Your honor?
Ok lets start with the going out of his way to kidnap a princess. Do you really think he did? he waited for her to come into his town and reveal herself. I think he could of figured the shiek thing out lets look at the facts shiek shows up and "helps" link at the temples shiek is someone trying to keep her face hidden shiek has great knowledge about well everything that could help Link i think ganon could figure this out

Next in the post i made right before this one i tell how violence somtimes has its place and deaths do happen that does not mean he liked it or wanted to do it he just felt he must

Whats wrong with antiquing?

The world was not enslaved the town 10 feet away was free so was links hometown and the rest of the world he only controlled that one place and had a rance owner working for him

Now the beast of pure evil well using dark powers for good is not a orginal idea

He might of just liked how black looked on him he did look cool
That is why sir ganondorf is by no means the root of all evil

Top Bottom